Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Signing day notes non-AU

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Signing day notes non-AU
« on: February 04, 2015, 12:43:58 PM »
Just heard dan Mullen on the radio talking about states day. 

"Players know if they come to MSU they are going to play for national titles.."

Only the dumb ones. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Signing day notes non-AU
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 12:52:16 PM »
Have the Cows of Mississip ever played for a national title? i know they've been stomped in the SECCG but beyond that I am unaware of they trophy case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 12:53:17 PM »
They have such a history of playing for MNC's.

SEC Champions 1941
SEC West Champions 1998
Final AP Poll Ranking 1940, 1941, 1942, 1957, 1974, 1976, 1980, 1992, 1994, 1999, 2000, 2010, 2014
Final Coaches Poll Ranking 1963, 1992, 1994, 1999, 2000, 2010, 2014
Bowl Victories* 1911, 1940, 1963, 1974, 1981, 1999, 2000, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
Bowl Appearances* 1911, 1936, 1940, 1963, 1974, 1980, 1981, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

And against SEC: 

Alabama 18 78 3 .197 Lost 7 1896 2014
Arkansas 9 15 1 .380 Won 3 1916 2014
Auburn 25 61 2 .295 Won 1 1905 2014
Florida 19 33 2 .370 Won 1 1923 2010
Georgia 6 17 0 .261 Lost 1 1914 2011
Kentucky 21 21 0 .500 Won 6 1914 2014
LSU 34 71 3 .329 Won 1 1896 2014
Missouri 0 2 0 .000 Lost 2 1981 1984
Ole Miss 43 62 6 .414 Lost 1 1901 2014
South Carolina 6 9 0 .400 Lost 7 1992 2013
Tennessee 16 28 1 .367 Won 1 1907 2012
Texas A&M 4 4 0 .500 Won 1 1912 2014
Vanderbilt 13 7 2 .636 Won 3 1904 2014
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:57:06 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 12:59:01 PM »
I mistakenly clicked on the comments section of the AL.Com Auburn signing day thread and...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 02:45:35 PM »
This shit has to stop. 

Some guy decided on UCLA, his high school coach grabbed him before he could send the letter and now supposedly has the kid sequestered "making sure he was thinking straight when he turned down Georgla..."

These fucking high school coaches are out of control.  Back as far as Yeldon, when the high school coach locked him up in his house until he "got his mind right" 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 03:34:16 PM »
This shoot has to stop. 

Some guy decided on UCLA, his high school coach grabbed him before he could send the letter and now supposedly has the kid sequestered "making sure he was thinking straight when he turned down Georgla..."

These fudgeing high school coaches are out of control.  Back as far as Yeldon, when the high school coach locked him up in his house until he "got his mind right"

Didn't that happen with Brent Calloway too? Taken to the beach for a few days if I recall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 03:36:13 PM »
Didn't that happen with Brent Calloway too? Taken to the beach for a few days if I recall.

Yeah. But I don't think that was a coach. That was Peaches, a "mentor"!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 03:38:09 PM »
Yeah. But I don't think that was a coach. That was Peaches, a "mentor"!

They were reunited.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 04:42:33 PM »
So here's what I heard essentially:

Dan Mullen: Great class, great day for Mississippi State. Going to keep on playing for national championships.  Or at least State of Mississippi championships, derp.

Hugh Freeze:  Awesome day for Ole Miss.  Keep on proving we are elite in the SEC as we have always been -- except for the last five decades.

Butch Jones:  I will fuck a red-faced midget chimpanzee with a case of the herpes if you sign with us.  Great day for Tennessee! Great, awesome! Amazing.

Saban: What? It's signing day?  That's called just another day around here.  This only matters to other schools who get all the players we can't fit in here.  I'm going to play wiffle ball today and watch my players run a train on Kaylee Hartung.  First I have to pull Lars Anderson out of my ass. Or is he up Miss Terry's ass today?  I can't remember.

Bielema: Building a dynasty.  Woo pig. Running the ball. Woo pig. Pig woo. Woo pig. Woo woo pig. Pig pig woo. Championship.

Richt: That motherfucker said he was going to UCLA?  Get his motherfucking high school coach on the phone and tell him we want his fucking house back unless he fixes that shit. Pronto.  Awesome day! Best day ever for Georgia.  Going to be in the championship hunt.

McElwain: My teeth are fucking enormous. Jesus in a 57 Ford, my teeth are big.  We saved our whole class by getting those two guy$ there at the end. 

Miles: This is a day of malificence for the LSU Tigers. Tigers have stripes, lots of stripes.  We've signed a lot of players of many stripes.  I like stripey things.  I have striped pajamas.  These players all fit into the mysteriou-eque that is the LSU experience. That and stripes. Awesome day to be a Tiger. I have striped wood.

Spurrier: I'm sick of this shit.  Fuck a star.  I got better places to be than sitting up here wondering where some snot nosed little punk ass bitch is going to sign.  We'll get who we get and coach 'em up. Or not.  I could give a fuck. 

Pinkel: Unless my players know the words to "I kissed a girl and I liked it"  I don't too much care.  We keep winning the east with gays and dope dealers and nobody even knows we play in the SEC. 

Sumlin: Fuck Texas. 

* Edit:  I've also noticed that nearly every single coach references "signing the number one Vans Deferens Linebacker in the country."  How many "number one" players are there?  The only one who didn't was Spurrier.  His was pretty hilarious and cantankerous.  They should get Clint Eastwood to play him in a movie.  But they'd have to age clint a little to make him look as bad as Spurrier does.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:06:34 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 06:37:24 PM »
This shit has to stop. 

These fucking high school coaches are out of control.  Back as far as Yeldon, when the high school coach locked him up in his house until he "got his mind right"

In the kid's defense, a coach just left for Atlanta.  That might play into a kid's decision and it was shitty of Mora to hide the departure from the recruits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 12:42:52 PM »
This shit has to stop. 

Do NOT get these HS coaches fucking with these player's lives like they do. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 12:45:38 PM »
So here's what I heard essentially:

Dan Mullen: Great class, great day for Mississippi State. Going to keep on playing for national championships.  Or at least State of Mississippi championships, derp.

Hugh Freeze:  Awesome day for Ole Miss.  Keep on proving we are elite in the SEC as we have always been -- except for the last five decades.

Butch Jones:  I will fuck a red-faced midget chimpanzee with a case of the herpes if you sign with us.  Great day for Tennessee! Great, awesome! Amazing.

Saban: What? It's signing day?  That's called just another day around here.  This only matters to other schools who get all the players we can't fit in here.  I'm going to play wiffle ball today and watch my players run a train on Kaylee Hartung.  First I have to pull Lars Anderson out of my ass. Or is he up Miss Terry's ass today?  I can't remember.

Bielema: Building a dynasty.  Woo pig. Running the ball. Woo pig. Pig woo. Woo pig. Woo woo pig. Pig pig woo. Championship.

Richt: That motherfucker said he was going to UCLA?  Get his motherfucking high school coach on the phone and tell him we want his fucking house back unless he fixes that shit. Pronto.  Awesome day! Best day ever for Georgia.  Going to be in the championship hunt.

McElwain: My teeth are fucking enormous. Jesus in a 57 Ford, my teeth are big.  We saved our whole class by getting those two guy$ there at the end. 

Miles: This is a day of malificence for the LSU Tigers. Tigers have stripes, lots of stripes.  We've signed a lot of players of many stripes.  I like stripey things.  I have striped pajamas.  These players all fit into the mysteriou-eque that is the LSU experience. That and stripes. Awesome day to be a Tiger. I have striped wood.

Spurrier: I'm sick of this shit.  Fuck a star.  I got better places to be than sitting up here wondering where some snot nosed little punk ass bitch is going to sign.  We'll get who we get and coach 'em up. Or not.  I could give a fuck. 

Pinkel: Unless my players know the words to "I kissed a girl and I liked it"  I don't too much care.  We keep winning the east with gays and dope dealers and nobody even knows we play in the SEC. 

Sumlin: Fuck Texas. 

* Edit:  I've also noticed that nearly every single coach references "signing the number one Vans Deferens Linebacker in the country."  How many "number one" players are there?  The only one who didn't was Spurrier.  His was pretty hilarious and cantankerous.  They should get Clint Eastwood to play him in a movie.  But they'd have to age clint a little to make him look as bad as Spurrier does.

Funny shit there! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 10:44:22 PM »