Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Grammy's

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Grammy's
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 11:04:57 AM »
Saw a tweet to the effect that said kayne is trying to lecture a guy that plays a dozen instruments about artistry, and in favor of the person who needs to hire 4-5 writers to get one song completed.

Honestly, I don't follow much of his music.  Maybe I should if it got album of the year.  But I know enough about him to know he's an incredibly talented artist and musician.  This take is spot on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 11:19:33 AM »
I didn't realize that people watched the Grammy's anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
Saw a tweet to the effect that said kayne is trying to lecture a guy that plays a dozen instruments about artistry, and in favor of the person who needs to hire 4-5 writers to get one song completed.

Thats not even the half of it I believe it took 58 people to write, collaborate and produce Beyonce's album.  Beck did it all himself. 

Kanye is a first rate d-bag of epic proportions, I wish someone would take him out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 03:37:56 PM »
Thats not even the half of it I believe it took 58 people to write, collaborate and produce Beyonce's album.  Beck did it all himself. 

Kanye is a first rate d-bag of epic proportions, I wish someone would take him out.

And that ^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 04:34:42 PM »
Wealthy rapper gotta have writers

... and writer's write.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 06:07:14 PM »

Why does everything have to be about the gay relations these days?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 12:21:53 PM »
Speaking of the Grammy's and Beck, the only things I remember from him are Loser and Two Turntables.  Can't say I've ever heard anything else he's ever done.  Then he gets album of the year and plays a song off that album with Chris Martin, which was pretty dang skippy.  Pulled up that album last night and gave the whole thing a listen. Very impressive.  It's easy listening and not what I expected at all.

I assume from what many have said, that he does everything himself, instruments, vocals etc.  If that's the case, I may join his fan club, get the t-shirt and personally engraved, Beck pinky ring. Srsly, that's good stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 10:34:00 PM »
Speaking of the Grammy's and Beck, the only things I remember from him are Loser and Two Turntables.  Can't say I've ever heard anything else he's ever done.  Then he gets album of the year and plays a song off that album with Chris Martin, which was pretty dang skippy.  Pulled up that album last night and gave the whole thing a listen. Very impressive.  It's easy listening and not what I expected at all.

I assume from what many have said, that he does everything himself, instruments, vocals etc.  If that's the case, I may join his fan club, get the t-shirt and personally engraved, Beck pinky ring. Srsly, that's good stuff.

There's a lot of good music being made out there. They just dont make it to the pop stations every hour. Crap sells. Sounds like the Grammys may have actually gotten one right with Beck. But Sam Smith? Plagiarizing douche nozzle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 11:02:21 AM »
There's a lot of good music being made out there. They just dont make it to the pop stations every hour. Crap sells. Sounds like the Grammys may have actually gotten one right with Beck. But Sam Smith? Plagiarizing douche nozzle.

It's because he's gay, isn't it?  I thought we were through with the whole gay thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 11:14:57 AM »
It's because he's gay, isn't it?  I thought we were through with the whole gay thing.

I think we need to discuss it for at least 7 more pages.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 11:46:59 AM »

Honestly, I really wasn't debating whether Beck deserve to win or Beyonce, I happen to think both are very talented artists.  I get pissed off at that stupid a-hole Kanye because everything he was spouting his stupid ass off about Beck is what what he (Beck) epitomizes. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 11:58:13 AM »
Honestly, I really wasn't debating whether Beck deserve to win or Beyonce, I happen to think both are very talented artists.  I get pissed off at that stupid a-hole Kanye because everything he was spouting his stupid ass off about Beck is what what he (Beck) epitomizes.

Werd.  I have no idea if his album deserved it or not and I've always liked Beyoncé.  Lost some respect after her "hands up, don't shoot" crap the other night.  But as for Beck's album, listened to some more last night.  Really good all the way through.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 12:02:53 PM »
Werd.  I have no idea if his album deserved it or not and I've always liked Beyoncé.  Lost some respect after her "hands up, don't shoot" crap the other night.  But as for Beck's album, listened to some more last night.  Really good all the way through.

And Dude make a helluva beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »
And Dude make a helluva beer.

Troof.  Thanks, now I'm thirsty and it's only 11:00 a.m.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2015, 04:10:19 PM »
Troof.  Thanks, now I'm thirsty and it's only 11:00 a.m.

I'm heading back to Scotland Sunday. Stella and Beck's!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2015, 09:41:20 AM »

Explain. 

I've always found her songs to be second-rate and shitty.  Nothing memorable at all, particularly after she left her group and hooked up with Jay-Z (the worst rapper of all the shitty rappers out there). 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.