Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Night In The Hassee' With My Dookies

Re: A Night In The Hassee' With My Dookies
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 05:39:17 PM »
The product on the floor is just an extension of the last 14 years and me going rah-rah on a message board won't change any of that. 

Sorry, I disagree with this years product being an extension of the last 14 years.  I turn on a game now, and Auburn is competitive.  That's changed from the last 14 years (where even if you could find Auburn on, they were getting their shit pushed in).  It's enjoyable to watch an Auburn game, or listen on the radio.  The arena is packed and it actually looks like a great place to see a game. 

Are we record wise, no better than last year?  If you just look at wins/losses, then yes.  But if you really, honestly, believe that we are no better off than last year, you haven't watched an Auburn game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 08:28:14 PM »
Sorry, I disagree with this years product being an extension of the last 14 years.  I turn on a game now, and Auburn is competitive.  That's changed from the last 14 years (where even if you could find Auburn on, they were getting their shit pushed in).  It's enjoyable to watch an Auburn game, or listen on the radio.  The arena is packed and it actually looks like a great place to see a game. 

Are we record wise, no better than last year?  If you just look at wins/losses, then yes.  But if you really, honestly, believe that we are no better off than last year, you haven't watched an Auburn game.

Can't disagree with any of that.  Especially the part about not watching games.  I thought you guys were talking about women's basketball until a couple of hours ago.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 11:04:58 PM »
bananas even

I like bananas about as much as I like tomatoes. They're sneaky yellow fuckers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 11:52:20 PM »
Tonight was typical of what so many have said.  Played their collective asses off but the bottom line was they were never going to beat Arky.  Had no chance from any standpoint. Scored 87 points.  Gave up 101.  Game wasn't close from the 10 minute mark of the first half.  Always a 9 to 12 point lead.  Then it ballooned to 16-18 in the second. You see where this team is just a player or two away.  But back to the original point when I started this thread.  If Duke and FSU trade point guards, FSU wins that game hands down.  If AU has a solid big man that contributes 13-15 points and 7-8 rebounds...different game.  We have Bowers who does some good things.  Then 4-5 guys who try to get a shot or create.  Just not enough players. Yet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 08:58:57 AM »
Tonight was typical of what so many have said.  Played their collective asses off but the bottom line was they were never going to beat Arky.  Had no chance from any standpoint. Scored 87 points.  Gave up 101.  Game wasn't close from the 10 minute mark of the first half.  Always a 9 to 12 point lead.  Then it ballooned to 16-18 in the second. You see where this team is just a player or two away.  But back to the original point when I started this thread.  If Duke and FSU trade point guards, FSU wins that game hands down.  If AU has a solid big man that contributes 13-15 points and 7-8 rebounds...different game.  We have Bowers who does some good things.  Then 4-5 guys who try to get a shot or create.  Just not enough players. Yet.
Bowers has no compliment inside like a Spencer or Purifoy, both due next season. Ole Miss, in spite of our fight were never in danger of collapsing being that they are a veteran group that feast around the basket and shoot upper 80 % from the line. And like Arkansas they have played together for some time so in some ways we are just a stiff challenge or brutal practice game preparing one or both for what might be.

The junkies that cover this know what Pearl brings.
So we hang with some good teams this season, add some elements and keep building.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 11:46:22 AM »
At season's end, we lose:

KT Harrell
Malcolm Canada
KC Ross Miller
Antoine Mason

That's a lot of production gone.  Basically leaving Bowers as the only real contributor returning.  If Shim Sham Shaheen is healthy, he's a decent little point guard.  After that, it's kind of Slim Pickens.  Jordon Granger is a warm body at best.  6'8" and didn't scratch last night.  Alex Thompson is 6'8" and took one shot last night.  Trayvon Reed is 7'1" and his only contribution was 3 rebounds.  TJ Lang got a little playing time and did okay but damn son, eat a ham sandwich...and a large fries...and a protein shake.

Hopefully Attewe comes back from injury so he can help Bowers inside next year.  But it looks to me that Pearl is really going to have to hope these incoming freshmen are ready to play at this level.  Quick check of Rivals shows the new guys will be:

Bryce Brown  6'2" G  3*
TJ Dunans  6'5" G  3*
New Williams  6'2" G  3*
Daniel Purifoy  6'6"  F  4*
Horace Spencer  6'8"  F  4*

All but Horace Spencer are signed but he's pretty much a lock.  From what I've read, it looks like Spencer is the key.  He's 225 and physical, which is an immediate need.  Pearl came in and did what he could to sign some guys and make us competitive this year.  #1 JUCO, Mason and Ross Miller have done just that. But it's going to pretty much be a house cleaning for next season. The bios on these guys are great so hopefully they're ready to step in.  It'll be fun to watch Pearl work his magic with his own guys from the start of their careers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 12:07:07 PM »
At season's end, we lose:

KT Harrell
Malcolm Canada
KC Ross Miller
Antoine Mason

That's a lot of production gone.  Basically leaving Bowers as the only real contributor returning.  If Shim Sham Shaheen is healthy, he's a decent little point guard.  After that, it's kind of Slim Pickens.  Jordon Granger is a warm body at best.  6'8" and didn't scratch last night.  Alex Thompson is 6'8" and took one shot last night.  Trayvon Reed is 7'1" and his only contribution was 3 rebounds.  TJ Lang got a little playing time and did okay but damn son, eat a ham sandwich...and a large fries...and a protein shake.

Hopefully Attewe comes back from injury so he can help Bowers inside next year.  But it looks to me that Pearl is really going to have to hope these incoming freshmen are ready to play at this level.  Quick check of Rivals shows the new guys will be:

Bryce Brown  6'2" G  3*
TJ Dunans  6'5" G  3*
New Williams  6'2" G  3*
Daniel Purifoy  6'6"  F  4*
Horace Spencer  6'8"  F  4*

All but Horace Spencer are signed but he's pretty much a lock.  From what I've read, it looks like Spencer is the key.  He's 225 and physical, which is an immediate need.  Pearl came in and did what he could to sign some guys and make us competitive this year.  #1 JUCO, Mason and Ross Miller have done just that. But it's going to pretty much be a house cleaning for next season. The bios on these guys are great so hopefully they're ready to step in.  It'll be fun to watch Pearl work his magic with his own guys from the start of their careers.
Yup,  program was lingering. No quick fix.
If our Yankee coach can cobble up a legit contender from what he inherited it might be worthy of a statue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »
I would've thought that you liked bananas if for nothing more than the phallic imagery. Seeing how much you support gay marriage and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 12:44:56 PM »
If our Yankee coach can cobble up a legit contender from what he inherited it might be worthy of a statue.
The more I watch, I think I see that the one thing we could use as much as another pure shooter, is an exceptional ball handler. If we had a guy that was lights out at driving the lane and kicking it out, we could be dangerous. Canada looks like a forward dribbling, as do most of our guys. KT isn't exceptional.

I dunno. We are definitely missing a few pieces but I like the scrappiness. That's refreshing. Fighting hard will maybe win us a couple that we shouldn't win. Regardless, it's helping to change the culture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 01:00:20 PM »

I really don't see how women's panties are germane to this discussion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 01:37:13 PM »
Pearl is Jewish, not German.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 01:41:45 PM »
Pearl is Jewish, not German.
The Germans would likely craft a very durable panty though wouldn't you think?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 02:01:54 PM »

The god damn Germans got nothin to do with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »
The god damn Germans got nothin to do with it.

You sounded taller on the radio
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 02:58:46 PM »
The more I watch, I think I see that the one thing we could use as much as another pure shooter, is an exceptional ball handler. If we had a guy that was lights out at driving the lane and kicking it out, we could be dangerous. Canada looks like a forward dribbling, as do most of our guys. KT isn't exceptional.

I dunno. We are definitely missing a few pieces but I like the scrappiness. That's refreshing. Fighting hard will maybe win us a couple that we shouldn't win. Regardless, it's helping to change the culture.
Mason (a gunner) has trimmed his game to work within the team concept. Shamsid-Deen (out) is the hard driving slasher with the Martin Riggs shoulder. Bowers can't just catch and shoot and everybody (watching film) knows he mustdribble. Reed and Atewe (injured) are mostly plug in shot blockers. Canada is a short forward of sorts from the bench but a gamer. Ross-Miller is a perimeter type, not gonna mix it up inside much.

We are a scrappy bunch. Six days/3 games against better, deeper, more experienced teams. Went 1 for 3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 11:28:49 PM »
On a separate but related note, Mason's dad appears to be near death and Mason has left for NY to be at his dad's bedside.

For those who don't know, his pops is former NBA star Anthony Mason - and he apparently had a massive heart attack a few days ago and is in grave condition at the moment, and in Congestive Heart Failure. 48 years old...unreal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2015, 09:42:04 AM »
I'm just gonna leave this here.  One of my favorite Tucker Max stories.

Duke basketball tickets and a bull horn.

http://tuckermax.com/stories/tucker-goes-to-campout-owns-duke-nerds/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2015, 10:48:50 AM »

That's not supposed to be what they are for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2015, 11:36:59 AM »
On a separate but related note, Mason's dad appears to be near death and Mason has left for NY to be at his dad's bedside.

For those who don't know, his pops is former NBA star Anthony Mason - and he apparently had a massive heart attack a few days ago and is in grave condition at the moment, and in Congestive Heart Failure. 48 years old...unreal.
Wow. Had not heard this. T.V. panned to him not too long ago at one of our games, I believe it was a home game. Horrible news.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 01:33:55 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2015, 02:38:12 PM »
That's not supposed to be what they are for.

Pickle banana surprise!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.