Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Night In The Hassee' With My Dookies

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
A Night In The Hassee' With My Dookies
« on: February 10, 2015, 01:19:47 AM »
I try to catch an FSU round ball game every year and hopefully be able to see either Duke or UNC.  To me, it's just pretty special to walk in an arena and go, "Oh shipth, that really is North Carolina warming up right in front of me.  And that really is Roy Williams."  Just some of those small, sports bucket list moments.

Tonight, it was Coach K (Yeah, I know...Coach Rat Face) and a group of 17 year olds that play like NBA vets.  Jahlil Okafor is just a freak of nature.  I believe he's 6'11" and put together.  Had 13 tonight, all on slams and free throws.  Tyus Jones just takes over at point guard.  Unbelievably smooth and confident. However, can't see them winning it.  Too young and not enough overall size.  But Jeebus that's fun to watch.

FSU is barely above .500 and they took this down to the wire. They always play Duke tough at home and have beaten them several times in recent years. Extremely athletic team and they must have had 10 dunks tonight.  A couple of athletic guards but nobody to run the show and it hurt them.

I'm just looking forward to Corch Bruce taking us to that level where we can consistently step on the floor with a Duke or UNC or Kansas and know we've got a real shot.  If FSU had Tyus Jones running the show for them, they win that game.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: A Night In The Hassee' With My Dookies
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 08:49:12 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 09:24:18 AM »
FSU's athletic programs can all take a flying fuck at a saber toothed mule deer. 

Fuck FSU.  Until they die. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 09:38:42 AM »
FSU's athletic programs can all take a flying fuck at a saber toothed mule deer. 

Fuck FSU.  Until they die.

I can see that you're starting to warm up to the Noles.'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 09:42:54 AM »
I try to catch an FSU round ball game every year and hopefully be able to see either Duke or UNC.  To me, it's just pretty special to walk in an arena and go, "Oh shipth, that really is North Carolina warming up right in front of me.  And that really is Roy Williams."  Just some of those small, sports bucket list moments.

Tonight, it was Coach K (Yeah, I know...Coach Rat Face) and a group of 17 year olds that play like NBA vets.  Jahlil Okafor is just a freak of nature.  I believe he's 6'11" and put together.  Had 13 tonight, all on slams and free throws.  Tyus Jones just takes over at point guard.  Unbelievably smooth and confident. However, can't see them winning it.  Too young and not enough overall size.  But Jeebus that's fun to watch.

FSU is barely above .500 and they took this down to the wire. They always play Duke tough at home and have beaten them several times in recent years. Extremely athletic team and they must have had 10 dunks tonight.  A couple of athletic guards but nobody to run the show and it hurt them.

I'm just looking forward to Corch Bruce taking us to that level where we can consistently step on the floor with a Duke or UNC or Kansas and know we've got a real shot.  If FSU had Tyus Jones running the show for them, they win that game.

This would be a great story for a Duke Forum...well mostly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 09:47:50 AM »
This would be a great story for a Duke Forum...well mostly.

Yeah, I guess you're right.  I should have started a thread about how scrappy Auburn was in losing to another team on the NIT bubble.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 09:52:13 AM »
Yeah, I guess you're right.  I should have started a thread about how scrappy Auburn was in losing to another team on the NIT bubble.

Consider your Orange Pearl card revoked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 09:57:44 AM »
Consider your Orange Pearl card revoked.

Is that a thong wedgie? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 12:21:07 PM »

I still don't think you get it.  Yeah we are 11-12 this year.  So fucking what. 

Your hero Coach K was 17-13 his first year at Duke followed by 10-17 and 11-17 years.  What Pearl has brought to Auburn is so many more intangibles then even I could have imagined. I'm not saying we are ever going to be even close to the program that Duke is. 

But when is the last fucking time you have ever seen mention on the front page of ESPN that there is an Auburn "BASKETBALL" game on? 

Bottom line he has brought hope and recognition to our program, neither of which were acheived by the previous 2 coaching staffs at any point. 

I've said it before, if Pearl doesn't turn our program around, you might as well shut it down and give the money to football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 12:55:45 PM »
I still don't think you get it.  Yeah we are 11-12 this year.  So fucking what. 

Your hero Coach K was 17-13 his first year at Duke followed by 10-17 and 11-17 years.  What Pearl has brought to Auburn is so many more intangibles then even I could have imagined. I'm not saying we are ever going to be even close to the program that Duke is. 

But when is the last fucking time you have ever seen mention on the front page of ESPN that there is an Auburn "BASKETBALL" game on? 

Bottom line he has brought hope and recognition to our program, neither of which were acheived by the previous 2 coaching staffs at any point. 

I've said it before, if Pearl doesn't turn our program around, you might as well shut it down and give the money to football.
Yeah, that's right. ^^^This right here. All of it. Fuck Snaggle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 01:55:08 PM »
Who in the fuck has ever questioned what Pearl has most definitely brought to AU?  The excitement, the fans showing up without bags on their heads, the additional exposure.  (Well, if you call listing the time slot for a game on ESPNU, front page news.)  I got it.  Check, check and check.  I have full faith in the groundwork he's laid and is laying for the future.  And if you check my post, I said I look forward to Pearl taking us to a place where we can compete with the elites.  Miss that part?

But we are 11-12. It's shitty basketball and it's being played by a team that most of which won't be here next season.  So pardon me if I don't get too excited about this bunch.  The future?  Yes.  Right now?  The product on the floor is just an extension of the last 14 years and me going rah-rah on a message board won't change any of that.  And if you do a little research, my hero Coach K, was on the verge of being run out of Dodge after those seasons.  Why?  Because it was a shitty product.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 02:01:57 PM »
Who in the fuck has ever questioned what Pearl has most definitely brought to AU?  The excitement, the fans showing up without bags on their heads, the additional exposure.  (Well, if you call listing the time slot for a game on ESPNU, front page news.)  I got it.  Check, check and check.  I have full faith in the groundwork he's laid and is laying for the future.  And if you check my post, I said I look forward to Pearl taking us to a place where we can compete with the elites.  Miss that part?

But we are 11-12. It's shitty basketball and it's being played by a team that most of which won't be here next season.  So pardon me if I don't get too excited about this bunch.  The future?  Yes.  Right now?  The product on the floor is just an extension of the last 14 years and me going rah-rah on a message board won't change any of that.  And if you do a little research, my hero Coach K, was on the verge of being run out of Dodge after those seasons.  Why?  Because it was a shitty product.     
Fuck you anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 02:04:07 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 02:39:06 PM »

Your lack of rah-rah is in direct relation to your sack.  Disappointing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 03:17:38 PM »
Your lack of rah-rah is in direct relation to your sack.  Disappointing.

I am so punching you in the face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 03:19:12 PM »
I am so punching you in the face.
Take a number
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 03:23:46 PM »
Take a number

Let's squash this Joe Frazier style
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 03:28:27 PM »
This is going to be the most EPIC X-Gate EVAR!!!!!!1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 03:47:11 PM »
This is going to be the most EPIC X-Gate EVAR!!!!!!1

bananas even
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions