Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official NSD Thread 2015

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Official NSD Thread 2015
« Reply #240 on: February 05, 2015, 01:28:02 PM »
In only one of four services.  I won the award in two of the other three.

Somebody named GreasyWeasel was the pick of 247Sports.

Isn't that your homeboi?

:poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #241 on: February 05, 2015, 01:43:07 PM »
From Woopig so TIFWIW

5* defensive end CeCe Jefferson did the big ceremony thing and committed to Florida yesterday but has not signed the LOI. Says his family is torn between UF and Auburn.

Yahoo reporting it as well....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/five-star-de-cece-jefferson-hasn-t-faxed-his-loi-to-florida-yet-174300978.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #242 on: February 05, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #243 on: February 05, 2015, 03:12:31 PM »
So, it sounds like
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #244 on: February 05, 2015, 04:03:11 PM »
From Woopig so TIFWIW

Yahoo reporting it as well....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/five-star-de-cece-jefferson-hasn-t-faxed-his-loi-to-florida-yet-174300978.html

That would be an interesting turn of events. I wonder if CWM is down there right now?

There can be contact now, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #245 on: February 05, 2015, 04:06:57 PM »
That would be an interesting turn of events. I wonder if CWM is down there right now?

There can be contact now, right?

He better be!

Keep it fair.  Keep it fair.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #246 on: February 05, 2015, 05:45:57 PM »
I hope Boom is calling him and helping him.
Boom, T-Rob, Thompson, Cowart & Holland...helping him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #247 on: February 06, 2015, 06:45:42 AM »
Some national notes...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/02/04/national-signing-day-a-bonanza-from-california-to-alabama/He added, in language most promising to the Auburn faithful,

per Gus...
“We can rush the passer with just four guys and not have to blitz.”

^^Assuming we can stop the run and tackle better in open field I would say not having to bring the heat artificially should helo us right away. But this also assumes Lawson returns to previous form and we get better production from the other side. Adams should hold his own inside but depth could be a problem.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #248 on: February 06, 2015, 08:23:20 AM »
Don't like that statement from Gus.  I hope Coach Boom tempers those expectations a bit.  Losing Lawson last season was a blow but come on, he wasn't exactly Kevin Green over there.  I think he had 2 1/2 sacks.  Montraviosity@aliciousness Adams completely disappeared and no one ever knew if Daniels was even on the field.  Getting Cowart was huge...for the future.  He may come in and light it up.  Sure hope so.  But I don't expect him to be much better than Lawson was his freshman year.

Not being negative.  Just realistic.  We were horrible and soft in every way last season.  I just want CBM to come in and make these mofo's up front mean and ready to take whoever is in front of them and whip dat a$$.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #249 on: February 06, 2015, 08:43:23 AM »
Don't like that statement from Gus.  I hope Coach Boom tempers those expectations a bit.  Losing Lawson last season was a blow but come on, he wasn't exactly Kevin Green over there.  I think he had 2 1/2 sacks.  Montraviosity@aliciousness Adams completely disappeared and no one ever knew if Daniels was even on the field.  Getting Cowart was huge...for the future.  He may come in and light it up.  Sure hope so.  But I don't expect him to be much better than Lawson was his freshman year.

Not being negative.  Just realistic.  We were horrible and soft in every way last season.  I just want CBM to come in and make these mofo's up front mean and ready to take whoever is in front of them and whip dat a$$.   
Thought the same about that statement. Our front looked mostly disorganized, nothing like a unit from all I could tell, sort of everybody do your own thing. This resulted in large running lanes against anybody that likes to run.

I think a healthy Adams finds himself at end on the next level, maybe after the coming season.

We really need/needed some inside help to develop and missed badly.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2015, 09:16:47 AM »

I agree, however just to point out one thing.  Adams wasn't playing his position 90% of the time. They were trying to get pressure. Hopefully him back at DT will help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2015, 09:46:07 AM »
I agree, however just to point out one thing.  Adams wasn't playing his position 90% of the time. They were trying to get pressure. Hopefully him back at DT will help.

Don't harsh my mellow, beech.  I was on a roll. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2015, 09:55:36 AM »
Don't harsh my mellow, beech.  I was on a roll.
I didn't think you ate carbs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2015, 10:51:30 AM »
I think Gus is saying that we can but not saying that we have. Maybe he means we "should be able to" get more pass rush and I agree. It was almost non-existent last season and didn't look much better with blitzes.

Bottom line is that we have to improve in all facets on D but especially pass rush. That was the most glaring to me.

I don't know Lawson's freshman numbers but I thought he had a big impact. If Cowart gets close, I think we will be much improved with pass rush. And I trust that our more experience, depth and going to a 4-3 will benefit our run stopping.

Pass coverage, I don't know. I feel like a lot of our break downs last year were due to a deficient rush. Will and I will work tirelessly to get us to where we need to be. That's all I can promise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2015, 10:59:42 AM »
Bottom line is that we have to improve in all facets on D but especially pass rush. That was the most glaring to me.

Yes....and wrapping up a GD tackle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2015, 11:09:42 AM »
Quote from Kerryon Luggage Johnson from a piece on the recruiting process.  Asked about hearing it from rabid fans.

"I've seen some other recruits and they get it hard," he said. "But I handled my recruitment well. I never said 'I'm leaning here, or I'm leaning here' and switched back and forth. It's scary that there's grown men who say these things. You're like, 'You're 40 years old, go have a job or something.' I haven't got a lot of it. You can only pray for those guys, and thank the ones who aren't like that."

I like this guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2015, 11:11:51 AM »
Quote from Kerryon Luggage Johnson from a piece on the recruiting process.  Asked about hearing it from rabid fans.

"I've seen some other recruits and they get it hard," he said. "But I handled my recruitment well. I never said 'I'm leaning here, or I'm leaning here' and switched back and forth. It's scary that there's grown men who say these things. You're like, 'You're 40 years old, go have a job or something.' I haven't got a lot of it. You can only pray for those guys, and thank the ones who aren't like that."

I like this guy.
Yeah, he wasn't talking about you with this. Since he said 40.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »
Yeah, he wasn't talking about you with this. Since he said 40.

54 is the new 40
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2015, 11:42:56 AM »
54 is the new 40

I thought 54 was the new 65?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2015, 11:48:47 AM »
I thought 54 was the new 65?

You just lost some face time, bucko.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions