Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Your New Ghostbusters Cast

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Your New Ghostbusters Cast
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 04:00:37 PM »

I'm sure they aren't much different than the consensus here already but being a movie junkie what are your thoughts with it being such a legendary franchise?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 10:24:18 PM »
I'm sure they aren't much different than the consensus here already but being a movie junkie what are your thoughts with it being such a legendary franchise?

I would have been fine with a Co-Ed reboot/recast and such. I thought that was the original intention. I don't care for what I would call the two leads here - Bridesmaids lady and the Abominable McCarthy. Have they mentioned who is writing the script? If it's not Aykroyd, count me doubly out. If it is him, I hope whatever the check buys is worth it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 07:57:11 AM »
I would have been fine with a Co-Ed reboot/recast and such. I thought that was the original intention. I don't care for what I would call the two leads here - Bridesmaids lady and the Abominable McCarthy. Have they mentioned who is writing the script? If it's not Aykroyd, count me doubly out. If it is him, I hope whatever the check buys is worth it.

I wonder if this happens if Ramis is still alive. I have to think not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 10:32:36 AM »
Now that this floating turd is weeks away from release, the director (and media bitches) are lashing out at the "vocal minority" and trying to change the narrative.  People only hate the idea of the movie because they hate women.  This is 2016 people! Women are on the Supreme Court!   http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/07/10/ghostbusters-women-internet-haters/86519288/

It has nothing to do with the cast being women.  It's THESE women, THIS director. 

His movies are shitty.  The Heat was abysmally bad.  Bridesmaids was crude and not nearly as funny as the cast thought it was.  Terrible.  That McCarthy fatty plays the same bloated schlub character in every movie she's in.  She's pathetic.  Kristen Wiig is a fair supporting actress, but not a lead anybody wants to see. The SNL lesbian might be funny in bits but that's all we know about her.  And the screaming, obnoxious Nigerian is a belligerent, obnoxious Nigerian.  Not funny. Ever. At all. Never.

It's not that the movie has a female cast.  That's not the source of angst.  But spin the story that way in hopes that women will go to the theater in protest I guess.

There's no way this movie can win.  It should never have been made.  I hope it isn't as big a hairy poo loaf as I expect it to be, but I won't waste my money finding out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2016, 11:12:19 PM »
I've heard the movie is pretty good?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2016, 12:23:12 AM »
I've heard the movie is pretty good?

I've heard it gargles sweaty balls.  Like is fucked up shitty bad. 

It didn't win it's opening weekend because it got KO'd by Secret Life of Pets (in its third week). Then was clobbered by Star Trek this weekend (finished fourth behind Trek, Pets and Lights Out). 

Officially a flop. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 01:26:51 AM »
I've heard it gargles sweaty balls.  Like is fucked up shitty bad. 

It didn't win it's opening weekend because it got KO'd by Secret Life of Pets (in its third week). Then was clobbered by Star Trek this weekend (finished fourth behind Trek, Pets and Lights Out). 

Officially a flop.
Do you plan on watching it? I'm not sure if I will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 03:16:06 AM »
Do you plan on watching it? I'm not sure if I will.

If I'm on a plane and it's forced on me I might.  Or I might parachute off it. 

I really don't have any intention of watching it.  This is like remaking To Kill A Mockingbird with Seth Rogen as Atticus Finch.  Or The Godfather with Miley Cyrus as Don Corleone.  Or Stripes with Tara Reid as John Winger.  Or Fast Times at Ridgemont High with Macy Gray as Jeff Spicoli. 

I might... might... maybe... give it five minutes not to offend me if it ever comes on HBO.  But that's it. 

Why in the HELL DO LESLIE JONES BE IN A MOVIE!  She's ugly as road grit and her entire repertoire of talent consists of bellowing obnoxious shit in an ear-shattering manner.  She's the worst.  Even in the few bits she has on SNL she brings nothing to the table but unfunny belligerent shrieking.  I don't think I could stand having to look at her awful face for more than two or three seconds. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2016, 01:58:53 PM »
If I'm on a plane and it's forced on me I might.  Or I might parachute off it. 

I really don't have any intention of watching it.  This is like remaking To Kill A Mockingbird with Seth Rogen as Atticus Finch.  Or The Godfather with Miley Cyrus as Don Corleone.  Or Stripes with Tara Reid as John Winger.  Or Fast Times at Ridgemont High with Macy Gray as Jeff Spicoli. 

I might... might... maybe... give it five minutes not to offend me if it ever comes on HBO.  But that's it. 

Why in the HELL DO LESLIE JONES BE IN A MOVIE!  She's ugly as road grit and her entire repertoire of talent consists of bellowing obnoxious shit in an ear-shattering manner.  She's the worst.  Even in the few bits she has on SNL she brings nothing to the table but unfunny belligerent shrieking.  I don't think I could stand having to look at her awful face for more than two or three seconds.

But what do you think about her?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE