Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cheatin' And Closing Hard

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Cheatin' And Closing Hard
« on: January 28, 2015, 10:22:35 AM »
A little piece from the  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth..dot over at al. on teams expected to close well in recruiting. You can call my comments on the bolded part sour grapes since it's our rival doing the racking up.  But, I don't give a rat's rear who you are, you do NOT do this in recruiting without setting the gold standard for cheating.  It just doesn't happen.  Period.  I recall the Pete Carroll years at USC when they had a string similar to this.  When you looked at the cruitin' mags, you saw that when they listed the top 10 recruits in the PAC 10, USC would have 8-9 of them.  They got anybody and everybody they wanted.  Turned out that was pretty easy when you put the mama's and the papa's up in phat houses.  Occasionally, it comes back to bite you and you have to vacate championships and give back trophies.

Bama had that crap going in the late 90's and people, including Steve Spurrier, were questioning how they were landing every top recruit on the board.  Again, turned out it's easy when you have someone funneling $150K to a coach to steer even fat, slobby, overrated linemen to your program.  Spurrier openly asked how a kid can be 100% committed to him and one week later after a trip to Tuscaloosa and fine new SUV's for father and son, he's suddenly bound for T-Town. 

You do not, and cannot have 5 straight #1 recruiting classes unless that shift is out of control. It just doesn't happen.  It's just not a level playing field and the NCAA has no bite whatsoever and no means to stop it or even remotely keep it in check.  Anyway, the rest of us will play the recruiting game as best we can until someone at the Crapstone gets a little paranoid and helps unveil the next "scandal" at AU or Tennessee or whoever dares challenge the Tahd.  Anywayz....rant off.... 

Remember Tiger Woods in his prime, when he'd enter the final day of tournaments not so much looking to win it -- that would be pretty much in the bag -- but looking to break course records?

Alabama, with 21 commitments from players rated 4-star or higher, has put on a show on the recruiting trail this year similar to Woods on a golf course in his heyday. Alabama is going to have the top class in college football for the fifth straight year -- it's just a matter of how wide the final margin is.

So with the race for the top class pretty much a foregone conclusion, what teams will make the headlines, along with Alabama, during National Signing Day on Feb. 4?

Look out for USC, Florida, Auburn, UCLA and Texas as schools that can potentially come out of the final week of the 2015 recruiting cycle looking great.

Why? Check out the following list of remaining uncommitted players ranked in the 247Sports composite rankings (which takes into account the rankings of all the major recruiting services) and who they are considering:

No. 2, OL Martez Ivey (Auburn, Florida): The top offensive lineman in the country says it's a 50-50 battle between Florida and Auburn. He was considered a Florida lean before Will Muschamp was fired as head coach and subsequently moved to Auburn as defensive coordinator.

No. 3, DT Byron Cowart (Auburn, Florida): Another close battle took a couple of twists when Cowart eliminated Florida State from consideration, then cut a trip to Florida short. Bad news for the Gators? Not necessarily. Cowart insists the early departure was not a sign that Florida's position has diminished.

No. 4, CB Iman Marshall (USC, LSU, Oregon, Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida State): The California native visited LSU last week, but the vibe from that visit was that Marshall would stay West. That makes USC a heavy favorite, although he will finish a whirlwind tour of schools with a visit to Oregon this weekend.

No. 7, DE CeCe Jefferson (Ole Miss, Florida, Auburn, LSU, Alabama): Florida was considered the frontrunner, but Jefferson surprised some by saying Ole Miss was his leader at the U.S. Army All-American game.

No. 13, DE Terry Beckner, Jr. (Missouri, Ohio State, Auburn, Florida State, LSU): Beckner visited Ohio State for the Buckeyes' national championship celebration, but OSU will have to beat out frontrunner Missouri and a host of other SEC programs.

No. 14, DT Daylon Mack (Texas A&M, TCU, Texas): It was looking like an A&M-TCU battle, but Mack made it a top three after visiting Texas. A&M picked up defensive coordinator John Chavis, formerly of LSU, a school Mack had been strongly considering.

No. 23, DT Rasheem Green (USC, Arizona State, Miami): The top remaining interior defensive lineman in the West is considered a USC lean, although ASU and Miami built momentum with recent visits.

No. 32, RB Soso Jamabo (UCLA, Notre Dame, Texas): The top remaining running back on the board trolled everybody by jokingly naming ITT Tech and the University of Phoenix as his leaders. In reality, home state Texas has momentum following Jamabo's recent visit, but UCLA remains a strong candidate. As his joke would suggest, however, Jamabo is not sending out a lot of signals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Cheatin' And Closing Hard
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 10:30:39 AM »

Seems reasonable to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.