Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sons of Liberty

chinook

Sons of Liberty
« on: January 29, 2015, 03:26:28 PM »
Aired early this week on History formerly known as The History Channel. 

I have only watched the 1st episode on Demand and had to rewind it a couple times as I drifted asleep on the couch. 

It's more fiction than fact.

It would be interesting to get a take from Tarheel on this show. 

I'm going to watch all episodes over the next few days mainly because I don't have much going on.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Sons of Liberty
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 03:32:17 PM »
Have it DVR'd also. There were so many historically inaccurate mistakes in the first one that I turned it off but on a night that nothing else is on I finish it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 03:34:23 PM »
Have it DVR'd also. There were so many historically inaccurate mistakes in the first one that I turned it off but on a night that nothing else is on I finish it.

I watched it Tuesday night up until Justified came on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 03:43:39 PM »
I watched it Tuesday night up until Justified came on.

I don't even want to drink Sam Adams beer anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

chinook

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 03:48:04 PM »

I don't think the writers/producers intended the show to be factual but more for the entertainment value which isn't necessarily bad. 

I'm mean we all know...Samuel Adams was a beer maker and the Yanks called it macaroni. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 03:55:54 PM »

Ehhh it's called taking liberties to get people to watch it. I expect it. It was well done though. The general idea is the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 04:03:31 PM »
What I did watch was well done.  Almost didn't want to switch over to my story (As Grandma called it)  It reminded me of one of my top 5 evah movies, The Patriot.  We can get into a debate over good movies and The Patriot may not be in anybody's top 100. Don't care. I'll watch it every time it comes on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 04:08:06 PM »
Ehhh it's called taking liberties to get people to watch it. I expect it. It was well done though. The general idea is the same.

I was waiting on Thor to help the yanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions