Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rollllllllllllll Tide

Re: Rollllllllllllll Tide
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2008, 02:37:50 PM »
Wait am I miserable in the present or are you the miserable one? I'm not following you, because my present looks good.

Your "present" relative to recruiting and springtime, always looks good (unless you're dealing with coaches, strippers and credit cards I guess...).  I understand your short memory...  However, you keep feeling good about the spring, the present, and we'll keep celebrating and feeling good in the fall when it counts.

It's kind of like the bammer that followed me out of Bruno's this morning....  I was wearing an Auburn golf shirt, and as we're walking out, he pipe's up with "Don't you all lose that game this year, or you'll never hear the end of it."    I kind of chuckled, looked at him and calmly said, "I guess, you'd know all about that, wouldn't you?"

No response.    Fucking idiots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2008, 03:00:09 PM »
If I have to explain it, then your not bright enough to understand it.  :thumbsup:
Your poor grammar would indicate that you're not either...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 03:11:41 PM »
I see that first guy at the Titty Bar all the time. 
Make it rain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2008, 03:12:55 PM »
So based on the rationale in this forum no one gives a shit about the following people?

Ok, guys, I'll take this one...

There is a difference in living in the past and respecting the past.  bammers live in the past.  Auburn folks have a healthy respect for the past.  We name our stadium after Shug and Cliff Hare and our field after Pat Dye, and then we let it go. Their relevance extended to the football field and that is all.  No museums at the corner of Pat Dye Blvd and Pat Dye Avenue, running parallel to Pat Dye Road and Pat Dye Causeway.  

We also recognize that Dye was a football coach, not a god sent to earth to help us win.  Bear was a mortal man, and he has been dead for MORE THAN 20 YEARS!!!  Neither Bear, not Dye, Jordan, or Walter Camp have any business being compared to men like Churchill, Reagan, and Washington.  These men made contributions to an entire nation and indeed the entire world - so, yeah, we should give a shit about people like that.  Football coaches do not fall into the same category.  

No clue what Hemmingway has to do with anything, but whatever.  At least his books are read all over - most people in Europe have heard of Hemmingway - but would have no clue why certain Americans worship a long-dead football coach.

And on this point, I would have to side with the Europeans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2008, 03:15:10 PM »

There is a difference in living in the past and respecting the past.  bammers live in the past.  Auburn folks have a healthy respect for the past.  We name our stadium after Shug and Cliff Hare and our field after Pat Dye, and then we let it go. Their relevance extended to the football field and that is all.  No museums at the corner of Pat Dye Blvd and Pat Dye Avenue, running parallel to Pat Dye Road and Pat Dye Causeway.  

We also recognize that Dye was a football coach, not a god sent to earth to help us win.  Bear was a mortal man, and he has been dead for MORE THAN 20 YEARS!!!  Neither Bear, not Dye, Jordan, or Walter Camp have any business being compared to men like Churchill, Reagan, and Washington.  These men made contributions to an entire nation and indeed the entire world - so, yeah, we should give a shit about people like that.  Football coaches do not fall into the same category.  

No clue what Hemmingway has to do with anything, but whatever.  At least his books are read all over - most people in Europe have heard of Hemmingway - but would have no clue why certain Americans worship a long-dead football coach.

An excellent rebuttal.  I would like to add that the idolized dead coach was the worst cheater the game has ever seen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

BamaWill

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2008, 03:19:11 PM »
Your poor grammar would indicate that you're not either...
ah, your one of those
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2008, 03:27:21 PM »
ah, your one of those

One of those?  You mean educated and well spoken?  Then guilty as charged.

Actually, you provided just another example for "perpetuation of the stereotype"... I could not, in good conscience, let it pass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2008, 03:30:15 PM »

Actually, you provided just another example for "perpetuation of the stereotype"... I could not, in good conscience, let it pass.

Jen, dear, I finally realized he doesn't know the meaning of the word stereotype.  That explains a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

BamaWill

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2008, 03:35:41 PM »

Actually I meant someone who makes fun of others grammer on a message board, because you can think of no other decent comeback.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BamaWill

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2008, 03:47:13 PM »

Well I had typed something very long and eloquent but then this damn forum kicked me out so I am retyping the abridged version:

You miss my point, I was in no way comparing a football coach to the founder of our nation.  What I was pointing out is that history is what defines us, without history, we cannot evolve. You were sterotyping me, because I had a picture of the greatest college football coach in history.  I have that picture in there because I respect his accomplishments, and the great University of Alabama football team has benefitted because of this mans accomplishments.  Hemmingway was shown because he was a great writer, a drunk, but considered one of the greatest writers of our time. All of the people shown were great men who were succesful at what they did, do you not celebrate their accomplishments?

Go to Green Bay and make fun of Lombardi...see what happens.  You are right though CBB was not a god, there is only one God. He was simply a man , who beat you aubies...many....many....times!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:48:12 PM by BamaWill »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2008, 03:50:25 PM »
  What I was pointing out is that history is what defines us, without history, we cannot evolve.

What you and your crimson kin continue to fail at grasping is that respecting history is one thing, but refusing to let it go is pathetic.

Idolatry is alive and well in T-town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BamaWill

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2008, 04:01:31 PM »
What you and your crimson kin continue to fail at grasping is that respecting history is one thing, but refusing to let it go is pathetic.

Idolatry is alive and well in T-town.

What you aubies fail to grasp is your jelousy of all things crimson. Hell half of the posts on this board are related to us. I mean do you really want to fight the my past is better than your past battle?

Keep in mind that I am not the one who brought this up or started talking about CBB, I have him in my Avatar and I have explained the reason why.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2008, 04:03:39 PM »
Keep in mind that I am not the one who brought this up or started talking about CBB, I have him in my Avatar and I have explained the reason why.

I figured it was because Saban's head wouldn't fit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

wesfau2

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »
I mean do you really want to fight the my past is better than your past battle?

The point has clearly flown over your head.  It's not a matter of who has the "better" (however you quantify that) past, it's simply a matter of acknowledging that which happened and paying respect to it, then moving on.  It's that last bit your people are having problems with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2008, 04:08:20 PM »
Nice place you fuckers got here....a little too orange for my taste, though. Where are the rest of my Tide boys at?

So what I am sayin is ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE and go Warhawks (or whoever creampuffs you aubies play this weekend)

I love this time of year.  They start coming out of the woods.....I think the bag limit is 5 this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2008, 04:09:28 PM »
...I had a picture of the greatest college football coach in history. ...

That sure doesn't look like Joe Paterno.  I thought he wore glasses.  And I don't remember him ever wearing a pimp hat on his head either.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2008, 04:21:09 PM »
I figured it was because Saban's head wouldn't fit.
Zing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2008, 04:21:16 PM »
Actually it was your sister, and I used them to clean-up afterwards. Tell her she wasn't bad for a big girl.

Actually that was my fat brother that likes to dress in drag.   :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BamaWill

« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2008, 04:29:56 PM »
Actually that was my fat brother that likes to dress in drag.   :sad:
and by brother you mean "yourself"....right. It's ok it is 2008 I don't judge.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2008, 04:32:42 PM »
and by brother you mean "yourself"....right. It's ok it is 2008 I don't judge.

Either way it sounds like you had balls on your chin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions