Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Are you serious?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Are you serious?
« on: December 18, 2014, 03:58:47 PM »
No, seriously. Are you serious? Maybe arena league? I got nothing.  :facepalm:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/auburn_linebackers_kris_frost.html#incart_2box

AUBURN, Alabama -- Two of the top three tacklers on Auburn's defense are considering leaving a year of eligibility on the table and entering the draft.

And they play the same position.

Both Cassanova McKinzy and Kris Frost, the Tigers' pair of starting linebackers in Auburn's 4-2-5, are contemplating early entry to the NFL Draft, and both players have submitted their names to the NFL Draft Advisory Board for evaluation.

"We've both been talking to each other through this whole entire process," Frost said on Thursday. "It kind of feels like recruiting all over again. We've both been weighing out the options of coming out early or staying."

Handed the keys to Auburn's linebacker corps this season, McKinzy and Frost both made strides playing roles that essentially equate to an inside linebacker's role in the 3-4.

McKinzy, who led the Tigers in tackles as a sophomore, ranks second on this year's squad with 82 tackles, and Frost is third on the team with 75 tackles after being given the chance to start full-time after sharing the role with Jake Holland as a sophomore.

Both linebackers produced a lot more big plays than the Tigers have gotten out of the position in recent years. McKinzy had 1.5 sacks, an interception, a forced fumble and a recovery, and his team-leading 10 tackles-for-loss are the most for any Auburn linebacker since Karlos Dansby posted 13 in 2003.

Frost finished second on the team with nine tackles-for-loss, added 2.5 sacks, forced three fumbles and picked off a pass of his own.

According to Frost, those numbers prompted he and McKinzy to submit their names to the NFL's Draft Advisory Board.

"How the season's gone for me personally," Frost said. "At this point, you've got to look at your competition, look who's coming out, and look at your options."

Auburn has already lost wide receiver Sammie Coates, who decided to enter the NFL Draft after graduating last week, and fellow receiver D'haquille Williams is contemplating making the same move. Coates and Williams are possible first or second-round picks, according to most draft analysts.

But despite taking a few steps forward this season, neither of Auburn's linebackers are expected to be near the top of the position's draft class this season.

In October, ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper ranked his top 10 players for the 2015 Draft at every position, and neither Frost nor McKinzy was listed among the 20 players named at either inside or outside linebacker.

CBS Sports, which partners with NFLDraftScout.com, appears to agree with Kiper, ranking McKinzy as the sixth-best inside linebacker and Frost the 14th-best outside linebacker in the 2016 Draft, after both have gone through their senior seasons.

With the NFL Draft Advisory board working under new rules this season, prospects who submit their names for evaluation will receive either a first-round grade, a second-round grade or neither, which is essentially a recommendation to return to school.

If the draft experts are correct, neither Frost or McKinzy is likely to earn a first or second-round grade when the NFL returns their evaluations in the next couple of weeks.

At this point, though, both linebackers are still mulling their options.

"It's all about how we feel, going into this bowl game how we play, what's right for us, what's the right business decision for us and our families," Frost said. "I can't really speak for him, but I know he's going to make the best decision for him -- as I am."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Are you serious?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »
No, seriously. Are you serious? Maybe arena league? I got nothing.  :facepalm:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/auburn_linebackers_kris_frost.html#incart_2box

AUBURN, Alabama -- Two of the top three tacklers on Auburn's defense are considering leaving a year of eligibility on the table and entering the draft.

And they play the same position.

Both Cassanova McKinzy and Kris Frost, the Tigers' pair of starting linebackers in Auburn's 4-2-5, are contemplating early entry to the NFL Draft, and both players have submitted their names to the NFL Draft Advisory Board for evaluation.

"We've both been talking to each other through this whole entire process," Frost said on Thursday. "It kind of feels like recruiting all over again. We've both been weighing out the options of coming out early or staying."

Handed the keys to Auburn's linebacker corps this season, McKinzy and Frost both made strides playing roles that essentially equate to an inside linebacker's role in the 3-4.

McKinzy, who led the Tigers in tackles as a sophomore, ranks second on this year's squad with 82 tackles, and Frost is third on the team with 75 tackles after being given the chance to start full-time after sharing the role with Jake Holland as a sophomore.

Both linebackers produced a lot more big plays than the Tigers have gotten out of the position in recent years. McKinzy had 1.5 sacks, an interception, a forced fumble and a recovery, and his team-leading 10 tackles-for-loss are the most for any Auburn linebacker since Karlos Dansby posted 13 in 2003.

Frost finished second on the team with nine tackles-for-loss, added 2.5 sacks, forced three fumbles and picked off a pass of his own.

According to Frost, those numbers prompted he and McKinzy to submit their names to the NFL's Draft Advisory Board.

"How the season's gone for me personally," Frost said. "At this point, you've got to look at your competition, look who's coming out, and look at your options."

Auburn has already lost wide receiver Sammie Coates, who decided to enter the NFL Draft after graduating last week, and fellow receiver D'haquille Williams is contemplating making the same move. Coates and Williams are possible first or second-round picks, according to most draft analysts.

But despite taking a few steps forward this season, neither of Auburn's linebackers are expected to be near the top of the position's draft class this season.

In October, ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper ranked his top 10 players for the 2015 Draft at every position, and neither Frost nor McKinzy was listed among the 20 players named at either inside or outside linebacker.

CBS Sports, which partners with NFLDraftScout.com, appears to agree with Kiper, ranking McKinzy as the sixth-best inside linebacker and Frost the 14th-best outside linebacker in the 2016 Draft, after both have gone through their senior seasons.

With the NFL Draft Advisory board working under new rules this season, prospects who submit their names for evaluation will receive either a first-round grade, a second-round grade or neither, which is essentially a recommendation to return to school.

If the draft experts are correct, neither Frost or McKinzy is likely to earn a first or second-round grade when the NFL returns their evaluations in the next couple of weeks.

At this point, though, both linebackers are still mulling their options.

"It's all about how we feel, going into this bowl game how we play, what's right for us, what's the right business decision for us and our families," Frost said. "I can't really speak for him, but I know he's going to make the best decision for him -- as I am."

Better think about what you are about to do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:27:15 PM »
Meh, I don't blame them for wanting to test the waters.   New coach, new system vs getting paid.  My guess we either keep both or split them, I don't think we lose both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 04:30:29 PM »
Meh, I don't blame them for wanting to test the waters.   New coach, new system vs getting paid.  My guess we either keep both or split them, I don't think we lose both.

Calm down, man. You're acting like a whiney little bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 04:35:36 PM »
Meh, I don't blame them for wanting to test the waters.   New coach, new system vs getting paid more.  My guess we either keep both or split them, I don't think we lose both.

Helped ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 12:51:10 AM »
New coach means learning a different defense, a defense that is used a little more than the previous defense...plus it would look good to the NFL teams if you're able to understand and flourish in the new defense, in college.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 12:40:46 PM »
I just don't see Frost as anything other than practice squad. Cass has more of an NFL build and game but still, he's a long way from top 3 rounds imo--if selected at all.

I'm not trying to belittle these kids, they're the best that we have. Hey, if there is good money out there, take it. But, if there isn't, wait it out and improve your stock for 1 year. 1 year can make a hell of a lot of difference to the positive. Of course, it can also hold a career ending injury.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:51:30 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 12:55:51 PM »
I just don't see Frost as anything other than practice squad. Cass has more of an NFL build and game but still, he's a long way from top 3 rounds imo--if selected at all.

I'm not trying to belittle these kids, they're the best that we have. Hey, if there is good money out there, take it. But, if there isn't, wait it out and improve your stock for 1 year. 1 year can make a hell of a lot of difference to the positive. Of course, it can also hold a career ending injury.

WAAA WAAAAAAAAAA
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »
WAAA WAAAAAAAAAA
This isn't anything to joke about. I hurt my knee before I even had a chance to start my NFL career. It left me with a lifetime of "what ifs". And it's not easy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 02:16:51 PM »
New coach means learning a different defense, a defense that is used a little more than the previous defense...plus it would look good to the NFL teams if you're able to understand and flourish in the new defense, in college.

And thanks to Ellis Johnson's defense, there's plenty of video tape showing Frost and Cass out of position, missing tackles, and missing reads. 

Get coached up by a guy like Muschamp and hit the NFL running.  Please.  Please don't leave. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 02:49:53 PM »
And thanks to Ellis Johnson's defense, there's plenty of video tape showing Frost and Cass out of position, missing tackles, and missing reads. 

Get coached up by a guy like Muschamp and hit the NFL running.  Please.  Please don't leave.

It's like this^^ and like that^^ and like this^^ and uh....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 03:21:13 PM »

Maybe Jake wasn't that bad last year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 03:29:05 PM »

Maybe Jake wasn't that bad last year?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bugs: :classic:

You owe me for a new monitor. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 08:57:09 AM »
This isn't anything to joke about. I hurt my knee before I even had a chance to start my NFL career. It left me with a lifetime of "what ifs". And it's not easy.

This is what AJ McCarron prays for every night.  An injury so that he can always pretend he could have been a contender when he returns to his real career of selling insurance and denying that his entire family consists of a ring of pedophiles. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 11:06:12 AM »
This is what AJ McCarron prays for every night.  An injury so that he can always pretend he could have been a contender when he returns to his real career of selling insurance and denying that his entire family consists of a ring of pedophiles.

When the family business has been successful you roll wit it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 03:45:05 PM »
We need to come up with a test like the Wunderlich tear for our recruits. Here lately they ain't been thanking scrait!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 06:47:08 PM »
Calm down, man. You're acting like a whiney little bitch.

Why don't you just come to a tailgate and get punched in the face?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 07:10:46 PM »
Why don't you just come to a tailgate and get punched in the face?

Well, that was excessive. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 11:46:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin