Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

AL. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!! I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others. I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. List

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Auburn is doing more gooder in recruiting the State this year. Someone needs to get an Escalade over to Daron Payne's house, sharpish.  I'll be giddy as a school girl if that happens.  The list:

There's a new top dog in Alabama.

Central-Tuscaloosa offensive lineman Lester Cotton has been the top-rated player in AL.com's A-List since it unveiled the list this summer, but that changes in the December rankings update.

After a dominating state championship performance, Madison Academy running back Kerryon Johnson is the new No. 1 player on the A-List. Johnson had six touchdowns in a Class 3A state championship victory against Dale County, and followed it up a week later with three touchdowns in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic.

That wasn't the only major shakeup. In addition to multiple players either moving up or down in the rankings, two new recruits debut in this month's update.

Note: The list is compiled by AL.com staffers, who watch games, evaluate film and talk to sources to put together the most accurate list possible.

1) Kerryon Johnson, RB, Madison Academy  (Previous: No. 2)

Johnson, an Auburn commit, was impressive all year-long. He made his name for himself as a running back, but he'll get a chance to play safety at the upcoming Under Armour All-American Game.

2) Daron Payne, DL, Shades Valley  (Previous: No. 3)

Payne looked svelte and active last week at the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic. He had better burst and stamina than he did during the regular season, and routinely bested the top offensive linemen during drills.

3) Lester Cotton, OL, Central-Tuscaloosa  (Previous: No. 1)

Cotton didn't do anything wrong to drop in the rankings, Johnson and Payne project a little better. The Alabama commit is big, strong and could play multiple positions on the offensive line.

4) Darrell Williams, LB, Hoover  (Previous: No. 4)

The Auburn commit is rangy with long arms and was a steady presence all week in Montgomery. He's very good in pass coverage.

5) Richard McBryde, LB, Charles Henderson (Previous: No. 5)

The 6-foot-2 Auburn commit thinks he might play safety now that Ellis Johnson is no longer Auburn's defensive coordinator. He has the frame and skills to be either a safety or linebacker at Auburn.

6) Tyler Carr, OL, Southside-Gadsden(Previous: No. 7)

On an Alabama offensive line stacked with talent, Carr rose above the majority last week in Montgomery. He's smart, plays with a mean streak and has pretty good footwork. He's going to be a key cog in Auburn's offensive line in the coming years.

7) Keith Mixon, RB, Shades Valley  (Previous: No. 8)

Mixon finds a way to move up the rankings in every A-List update. His diminutive size -- 5-foot-8 -- is well known, but there isn't a better play-maker in the state than Mixon. He proved that again in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic.

8) Anfernee Jennings, DL, Dadeville (Previous: NR)

Jennings had a terrific senior season and looked very good in Montgomery last week. The 6-foot-3 Alabama commit is very quick, aggressive in pursuing the quarterback and looks like a potentially very good pass-rusher down the line.

9) Brandon Kennedy, OL, Wetumpka(Previous: No. 6)

Kennedy should be a solid contributor on Alabama's offensive line as a center. He is considered to be one of the nation's top centers, though he is still transitioning to the position.

10) Darryl Williams, OL, Bessemer City   (Previous: No. 11)

Williams, a Mississippi State commit, is a very solid offensive line prospect. He's rarely played center in high school, but that's where most project him to play in college.

11) Keaton Anderson, LB, Florence (Previous: No. 12)

This Alabama commit never disappoints. He looked a little leaner and quicker than usual last week in Montgomery. Anderson, who frequently gets compared to Vinnie Sunseri, could be a safety at Alabama.

12) DeSherrius Flowers, RB, Vigor (Previous: No. 10)

Flowers certainly looks the part, but the Alabama commits was plagued by injuries all year. There are still questions about whether he'll stick at running back or transition to safety once he gets to Tuscaloosa.

13) Amonte Caban, LB, Smiths Station (Previous: No. 13)

Caban is a thumper, not hesitating for a second to lay a big hit on an opposing player. The Louisville commit still needs to work on his pass coverage skills, but he was better than expected last week.

14) Nick Gibson, RB, Pinson Valley  (Previous: No. 9)

Gibson, a Mississippi State commit, had a bit of a disappointing season due to injuries. When he's healthy he's a big running back who is capable of handling a heavy load of carries.

15)  Jamarius Henderson, RB, Dale County (Previous: NR)

Henderson rushed for an AHSAA record 3,483 yards this season, plus 44 touchdowns. He is still uncommitted and expects to make a decision this week because he's an early enrollee. He's considering Troy, Louisville and Kentucky.

Five that just missed the cut: Hoover linebacker Christian Bell, Hoover running back Bradrick Shaw, Central-Phenix City athlete Traveon Samuel, Lincoln defensive tackle Jauntavius Johnson and Minor defensive back Maurice Smitherman
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Would be nice if Johnson could come in and play safety. 

I do wish a few more of the OLs on the list were Auburn commits. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Somebody should go talk to that Henderson kid.  Get him to walk on at Auburn.  Don't know what his head is like, but he is absolutely all his team had and he carried them -- literally -- to the finals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
So, to break it down AU currently has commits from the #'s: 1, 4, 5 and 6 and UA has #'s 2,3,8,9. #'s 10 and 7 likely going elsewhere, I guess.

Well, if my math is correct (and dammit, I sure do miss Chizad right now)--we are at almost 50% with UA on the top 10 in the state.

I would say that is pretty awesome for Gus' 2nd year as HC. I definitely do not think that AU has to win the state in recruiting in order to be successful. That school of thought exists. But I do believe that we have to hold our own with the top in state players.

There are also some who think that it makes absolutely zero difference where they come from. I'm here to tell you that I fully believe that we need a good mix of players from AL, GA, FL and MS. In state players know more about the rivalries and I really think that it makes a difference. It seems that through the years, when we do well in state, it pays off a year or two down the road.

I'm hoping the other Williams (OL) will come on board. I don't see us landing Payne. He grew up an AU fan (supposedly) but he's all UA from what I'm hearing. He may be this years plant or something but hopefully, we will not let that happen for like the 5th year in a row.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:52:31 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Like K, I'd love to see Henderson on the roster.  Just speculation here but I would imagine he will go where he feels he can be the go-to guy right away.  If I'm in his position, I look at AU's running backs and see a ton of competition, including Roc, the #1 JUCO back and the guy who just hung 6 TD's on his team in the finals.  IMO, he's good enough to give any of them a run for the money but why chance it when you could go to Kentucky or Louisville and probably start right away? 

As for Payne, I think Muschamp puts us solidly in the running for his services.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

As for Payne, I think Muschamp puts us solidly in the running for his services.   
Based on what? The same skreetz that provided Muschamp to AU after even people out of state knew about this? Or, just a tingling sensation somewhere.

Payne won't be attending the University of Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Based on what? The same skreetz that provided Muschamp to AU after even people out of state knew about this? Or, just a tingling sensation somewhere.

Payne won't be attending the University of Auburn.

Dude, I gave you the exact date.  And my massive insider, drill press penis got no love.

And just why are you so sure Quinterious Payne won't sign with The University?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

Dude, I gave you the exact date.  And my massive insider, drill press penis got no love.

And just why are you so sure Quinterious Payne won't sign with The University?   
Skreetz. Actually, I just think he's already enamored with Lord Sabans.

I'm not so sure that he is all that anyway. He's carried too much weight, which I can criticize him for since I'm so trim and fit. And, the OL Darryl Williams reportedly got the better of him in a camp last year.

I had read that UA may be losing some interest in Payne earlier in the year but it apparently picked back up. I just think he's played the catch me if you can game this year and isn't really seriously considering AU. I could be wrong but as you know, that's highly unlikely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Would be nice if Johnson could come in and play safety. 

I do wish a few more of the OLs on the list were Auburn commits.
Auburn already has 4 OL committed and are among the top 2 for Florida OL Martez Ivey.

Payne is going to uat...ear marked before his Senior season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs