Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

For the second straight year, Auburn signs #1 JUCO prospect...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
For the second straight year, Auburn signs #1 JUCO prospect...
« on: December 14, 2014, 07:24:55 PM »
RB Jovon Robinson (6' 230lbs) signs with Auburn and will be able to go through bowl practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: For the second straight year, Auburn signs #1 JUCO prospect...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 09:33:46 PM »
Wow. I am so glad he made it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 11:02:52 PM »
RB Jovon Robinson (6' 230lbs) signs with Auburn and will be able to go through bowl practice.

We didn't want him anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 11:21:34 PM »
Glad to see it. Been watching a lot of film and let me give you my haven't coached a game, don't know my ass from a hole in the ground take.  Prototype Gus offense back. Big enough to pound it and shifty/fast enough to make some awesome plays.  Cuts and tries to fake way too much.  Played some this year at 240.  Had a bad year due to injury and as his coach said, playing better defenses.  Love the signing but I look to see Kerryon my wayward son and Roc to be the men of the future.

Hope the guy comes in, takes over and gets 1,500 yards this year.  Don't see it with the way he runs. SEC defenses will eat his ass alive. But, I'm a lawyer behind a keyboard.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 11:38:24 PM »
And Oh by the way, Kerryon Johnson was the Alabama MVP in the AL/Miss. All-Star game with 130 yards and 3 TD's.

The future is extremely bright on offense at AU.  Big time.  Just need to get Corch Boom some Jimmy's and Joe's on D and the nation better watch out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 05:49:33 AM »
Glad to see it. Been watching a lot of film and let me give you my haven't coached a game, don't know my ass from a hole in the ground take.  Prototype Gus offense back. Big enough to pound it and shifty/fast enough to make some awesome plays.  Cuts and tries to fake way too much.  Played some this year at 240.  Had a bad year due to injury and as his coach said, playing better defenses.  Love the signing but I look to see Kerryon my wayward son and Roc to be the men of the future.

Hope the guy comes in, takes over and gets 1,500 yards this year.  Don't see it with the way he runs. SEC defenses will eat his ass alive. But, I'm a lawyer behind a keyboard.
He was banged up, plus had nearly a whole new OL...that OL change is had a lot to do with the reason why his numbers were down. Jovon isn't the future, of course, because he only has two years to play. I have a really good feeling he'll only need one those years to get attention from the NFL...he'll have similar numbers to Tre Mason and CAP.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 10:22:21 AM »
This was the picture they used for the al.com story.

#internetwontoday
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 10:33:11 AM »
Glad to see it. Been watching a lot of film and let me give you my haven't coached a game,(what does this even mean?) don't know my ass from a hole in the ground(Absolutely correct) take. Prototype Gus offense back. Big enough to pound it and shifty/fast enough to make some awesome plays.  Cuts and tries to fake way too much.  Played some this year at 240.  Had a bad year due to injury and as his coach said, playing better defenses.  Love the signing but I look to see Kerryon my wayward son and Roc to be the men of the future.(Actually, Barber and Roc is who I identify. Kerryon may be at safety)

Hope the guy comes in, takes over and gets 1,500 yards this year.  Don't see it with the way he runs. SEC defenses will eat his ass alive. But, I'm a lawyer(I think that this is arguable from what I hear) behind a keyboard.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:35:53 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 10:35:21 AM »
At least Jake wasn't in his usual dead cockroach position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »
Turf toe, bruised ribs and a high ankle sprain. Damn! He's had a tough year. Still avg abt 6 yds per carry.

http://collegefootball.blog.ajc.com/2014/10/23/top-juco-rb-jovon-robinson-playing-at-240-pounds/
Top JUCO RB Jovon Robinson playing at 240 pounds

Georgia Military College running back Jovon Robinson, the nation’s top junior college recruit according to many services, shared some surprising news this week.

Jovon Robinson has plans to enroll at Auburn in January. (247sports.com)

It has nothing to do with where he’s headed next year. Robinson is still committed to Auburn.

“I just weighed in (Tuesday),” he said. “I’m about 240 pounds. I’ve jumped up in pounds the past couple of months.”

I wasn’t sure I heard him correctly, so I asked again. Yep, he’s at 240.

Robinson, who is 6 foot, has played at about 225 pounds the past few seasons and said the extra weight hasn’t hampered him this fall, but admits there would be “nothing wrong with me losing a couple of pounds.”

Several factors, including injuries and a rebuilt offensive line, have cut his production from last year, when he set the NJCAA single-season record with 2,387 yards to go with a record-tying 34 touchdowns in 12 games to help the Bulldogs reach the national title game.

Robinson has 642 yards and seven touchdowns on 102 carries (6.3-yard average) in seven games this season while playing with a turf toe injury, bruised ribs and a high ankle sprain.

He missed a game against Tyler Junior College on Oct. 11, had only 10 carries in another game and finished with three carries for 61 yards and a score in last week’s 63-0 rout of Atlanta Sports Academy.

“Jovon has had a couple of extra challenges this year that he didn’t face the previous year,” GMC coach Bert Williams said. “We played stronger caliber defenses early in the season that were clearly geared to stop our running attack, inserting eight defenders into run defense on a regular basis. Our offensive line and fullback were entirely new — no returning starters or contributors from the 2013 season — so we had some learning curves up front as well.”

Robinson and Williams both said he is on track to graduate from GMC and enroll at Auburn in January. He attended Auburn’s opening win over Arkansas and has plans to return for the game against Samford on Nov. 22.

“I’m in good shape (academically) and I don’t see anything changing that route,” Robinson said. I don’t see myself getting off track. I’ll be at Auburn and I’ll be blessed to be on the Plains.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »
Turf toe, bruised ribs and a high ankle sprain. Damn! He's had a tough year. Still avg abt 6 yds per carry.

http://collegefootball.blog.ajc.com/2014/10/23/top-juco-rb-jovon-robinson-playing-at-240-pounds/
Top JUCO RB Jovon Robinson playing at 240 pounds

Georgia Military College running back Jovon Robinson, the nation’s top junior college recruit according to many services, shared some surprising news this week.

It has nothing to do with where he’s headed next year. Robinson is still committed to Auburn.

“I just weighed in (Tuesday),” he said. “I’m about 240 pounds. I’ve jumped up in pounds the past couple of months.”

I wasn’t sure I heard him correctly, so I asked again. Yep, he’s at 240.

Robinson, who is 6 foot, has played at about 225 pounds the past few seasons and said the extra weight hasn’t hampered him this fall, but admits there would be “nothing wrong with me losing a couple of pounds.”

Several factors, including injuries and a rebuilt offensive line, have cut his production from last year, when he set the NJCAA single-season record with 2,387 yards to go with a record-tying 34 touchdowns in 12 games to help the Bulldogs reach the national title game.

Robinson has 642 yards and seven touchdowns on 102 carries (6.3-yard average) in seven games this season while playing with a turf toe injury, bruised ribs and a high ankle sprain.

He missed a game against Tyler Junior College on Oct. 11, had only 10 carries in another game and finished with three carries for 61 yards and a score in last week’s 63-0 rout of Atlanta Sports Academy.

“Jovon has had a couple of extra challenges this year that he didn’t face the previous year,” GMC coach Bert Williams said. “We played stronger caliber defenses early in the season that were clearly geared to stop our running attack, inserting eight defenders into run defense on a regular basis. Our offensive line and fullback were entirely new — no returning starters or contributors from the 2013 season — so we had some learning curves up front as well.”

Robinson and Williams both said he is on track to graduate from GMC and enroll at Auburn in January. He attended Auburn’s opening win over Arkansas and has plans to return for the game against Samford on Nov. 22.

“I’m in good shape (academically) and I don’t see anything changing that route,” Robinson said. I don’t see myself getting off track. I’ll be at Auburn and I’ll be blessed to be on the Plains.”

Is their big year end rival against College Park Dicks sporting goods?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 03:12:43 PM »
At least Jake wasn't in his usual dead cockroach position.
He was...about one second after that photo was taken and Jovon was still rumbling down the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions