Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Another shooting, player dead

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Another shooting, player dead
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 12:32:57 PM »
Wouldn't matter, they could just relocate down the road. In the early 2000's, I lived in the back of the Harmon duplexes on South College. Brand new places, great yards for slip-n-slide keg parties, golf ball chipping, safe sidewalks for ladies to jog on, and ample parking for shackers late night study sessions. Sure those houses might've blown away under a strong fart but they were considered pretty nice in those days.

Less than a decade later, I'm not sure there's a street in the neighborhood that isn't section 8.

Much like THS, I went for a little nostalgia tour a few football seasons ago and I'm not even sure there's a house in the neighborhood occupied by a college student. Strange really.

Needless to say, it's not even the same campus or city, for that matter, as it was when I lived there.  Yes, they did in fact bulldoze the first place I lived on Glenn.  The apartments Snagette lived in up there were as nice as any in Auburn....at the time.  I did the same thing too last year.  Drove out there to check out the old place.  It literally looked like the projects.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 12:58:15 PM »
The more I read about this, the more it pisses me off and the more I feel for the Mitchell family. It seems Jakell is one of those kids that any parent would love their kid to have by their side. Some punk who thinks he swings lower because he has a gun ended up stopping a bright kids life over some bullshit. It makes me sick. It makes no difference if some think Jakell should have been there or not, the fact is some shit head killed him and there is no undoing this.

I'm not sure leveling that place to the ground because a similar environment can arise somewhere else. You can't stop stupid people from doing stupid things. I will say though, every damn street in and around Auburn campus needs street cameras and if they don't, any Auburn athlete is banned from going there.

As far as the bond, I can not believe this asswipe even has one.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2014, 01:07:20 PM »
Even if you get rid of the government subsidized housing, you can't get rid of the thugs driving from Montgomery and Camp Hill with their crew to brandish their .40 cal and pick up chicks.

We live in a different world than when most of us were in during our college days. Totally different. There was crime. Burglary and I'm sure that there was more date rape than was ever reported. Drugs and DUIs. But, I can't recall anyone being shot at any parties during my college days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 01:59:48 PM »
Never understood the mentality of taking someone's life over an argument.  Sure get into a fight beat the hell out of each other, don't team up let the 2 guys duke it out and be done with it. One clear winner!

Seriously taking the life of another?!? and guess what your life is also now fucked...congratulations you won the argument.

People are idiots, it's not worth it anymore to get into a fight with somebody.  I'm not afraid of getting my ass beat, but I am afraid of being killed, and you don't know anymore. It's one of the reasons I always carry a trident with me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:04:26 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 02:03:52 PM »
I'm not afraid of getting my ass beat, but I am afraid of being killed, and you don't know anymore. It's one of the reasons I always carry a trident with me.

Even with the Trident, I think Nook can take you and Chad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 02:06:36 PM »
Even with the Trident, I think Nook can take you and Chad.
Nook can take me anywhere he wants, as long as he calls the next day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 02:10:23 PM »
Nook can take me anywhere he wants, as long as he calls the next day.

He calls you the next day?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 02:25:57 PM »
Never understood the mentality of taking someone's life over an argument.  Sure get into a fight beat the hell out of each other, don't team up let the 2 guys duke it out and be done with it. One clear winner!

Seriously taking the life of another?!? and guess what your life is also now fucked...congratulations you won the argument.

People are idiots, it's not worth it anymore to get into a fight with somebody.  I'm not afraid of getting my ass beat, but I am afraid of being killed, and you don't know anymore. It's one of the reasons I always carry a trident with me.
This is an irrelevant analogy but I will use it anyway. I see these people (and some of them may be you) that ride their bicycles in the road. You know the ones that have the tight little bicycle britches on that I can't wear because of my huge penis.

Well, they have every right to legally be there in the middle of rush hour traffic and on foggy mornings. And, when they get their ass run over by a log truck, their dying words can be that they had every right to be riding their bicycle on that road.

What I'm saying is that common sense should prevail but it often doesn't.

And although most of us wouldn't be the first to draw and fire, these thugs have little to live for. And all they really do live for is their street cred. Not sure that I agree that he's ruined his life. 3 meals a day and free A/C, nice weight room and he can still get high.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 02:45:04 PM »

"I heard people running down the stairs and then lights everywhere," said George Morgan, 38, who lives in the complex. "It was like cockroaches when the lights come on."

This tells me that the complex can be officially off-limits to players.  Should be hardpressed by the university for all students to be careful going there.

When I lived at the Exchange, there were no 38 year old men living there.  It was all college students.  Even the people that worked the front office were undergrads.

If you're going to a party at an apartment complex in Auburn that is not mostly Auburn students, you are not going to a college party.  You cannot expect the same kind of social norms there as you would at a college party.

Drunk people get into fights at college parties and get arrested and then Jakell Mitchell is on the news as an Auburn player facing discipline from Malzahn.  People get into fights at section 8 apartment complexes and get shot and killed and usually no one gives a shit.

Put a fence around the place. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 02:57:42 PM »
Put a fence around the place.

So we are gonna make it a cage match?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2014, 03:08:15 PM »
You got a beef with someone?  Invite them to the x-gate and squash it with a punch to the face. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2014, 03:11:48 PM »
You got a beef with someone?  Invite them to the x-gate and squash it with a punch to the face.

I never have to get into a fight, like, for social purposes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2014, 03:16:06 PM »

I like the way you talk good sir.

Didn't Chizad and JR settle their beef just showing up to X Gate and rubbing dongs over some Landsharks? I'm not 100% sure they actually rubbed dongs but thats normally guys do that drink Landsharks isnt it?....Better yet Mrs. Dallas squashed her beef with Buzz by just putting a little boobage in his face. Honest and finite ways to settle debates here on the X people.

Gotdanged role models is what we got on this board folks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 03:21:25 PM »

Didn't Chizad and JR settle their beef just showing up to X Gate and rubbing dongs over some Landsharks? I'm not 100% sure they actually rubbed dongs but thats normally guys do that drink Landsharks isnt it?....Better yet Mrs. Dallas squashed her beef with Buzz by just putting a little boobage in his face. Honest and finite ways to settle debates here on the X people.

There are other ways to squash a beef.  Cutting.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2014, 03:23:04 PM »
There are other ways to squash a beef.  Cutting.   

Hey hey hey - thats exactly the kind of mortal violence we are trying to get away from......

Homo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2014, 03:30:43 PM »

Not since she was about 12.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2014, 03:33:56 PM »
Hey hey hey - thats exactly the kind of mortal violence we are trying to get away from......

Homo.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2014, 04:04:25 PM »

You can be served at an X-gate.  Gangster dance off.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2014, 04:24:24 PM »

You can be served at an X-gate.  Gangster dance off.

Former players, midgets, we got it all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2014, 04:33:16 PM »
Former players, midgets, we got it all.

To include the ass whoppin we took that night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions