Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Question about the torture report

Question about the torture report
« on: December 10, 2014, 09:20:32 AM »
How long ago did they start assembling the report? 

The senate has been controlled by democrats since 2006.  Why is it being released a month before they lose that control?  Could they have released this information earlier to "admit our mistakes" and improve as a nation? 

The report is pretty damning and horrific.  But instead of pointing the fingers at the CIA and trying to pin this on Bush and Republicans, I'm more interested in figuring out why this took so long to be released. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Question about the torture report
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 10:26:06 AM »
My guess, is they are getting their moneys worth while they are still there. This has nothing to do with being all upstanding mericans. It has to do with taking a parting shot. What they fail to see (both parties) and never will is sometimes the merican voters speaks.

30 of the 60 dems who voted for obamacare were voted out this past election.

I fully expect the pubs to screw the pooch over the next two years and we start a flushing cycle every two to 4 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 10:41:08 AM »
My guess, is they are getting their moneys worth while they are still there. This has nothing to do with being all upstanding mericans. It has to do with taking a parting shot. What they fail to see (both parties) and never will is sometimes the merican voters speaks.

30 of the 60 dems who voted for obamacare were voted out this past election.

I fully expect the pubs to screw the pooch over the next two years and we start a flushing cycle every two to 4 years.

Correct.

This is a trump card (a desperate one) being used by a sore loser to try and sway leverage back to a degree. And of course torture is deplorable. Who in their right mind thought it was nice?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 11:14:11 AM »
Congress will always be hoeing in the pea patch while the hay barn is on fire. We have the furor seemingly making new laws, rampant illegal alien problems, a disastrous healthcare system, isis likely plotting within our borders and we have to rehash this.  :facepalm:

Until the quality of the people that we put into office changes, the results will not. And it doesn't look as if that will change based on the voters.

In order to succeed in America today, most have to do it despite the government.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 11:19:40 AM »
Congress will always be hoeing in the pea patch while the hay barn is on fire. We have the furor seemingly making new laws, rampant illegal alien problems, a disastrous healthcare system, isis likely plotting within our borders and we have to rehash this.  :facepalm:

Until the quality of the people that we put into office changes, the results will not. And it doesn't look as if that will change based on the voters.

In order to succeed in America today, most have to do it despite the government.

This will never change as the quality of the american voter only gets worst.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 11:20:00 AM »

Most people, including myself, usually ignore 96.4% or 117/127ths of your posts.  But this one was pretty good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 11:31:10 AM »
No one's answered the question though.  Do we have any proof that this could have been released earlier?  Or was this the result of something in the works for a long time?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 11:33:04 AM »
No one's answered the question though.  Do we have any proof that this could have been released earlier?  Or was this the result of something in the works for a long time?

Uh huh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 11:34:54 AM »
Let me be the first to say that I personally give less than two flying buttfucks if they were tortured to get information.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 12:23:35 PM »
Let me be the first to say that I personally give less than two flying buttfucks if they were tortured to get information.

This man speaks for all/many of us.  At least me.  Saw one of the talking heads on CBS this morning ask the question of whether or not the Taliban or other similar sheet headed camel jockeys would be planning retaliation against the U.S. with this information coming out.  First off, when are they not planning to blow something up or murder our citizens?  Second, at the time when most of this "torture" was happening, these people had just murdered about 3,000 Americans and all information pointed to more of the same coming.  What would be the narrative had that happened?  What questions would have been asked of the CIA and our government had a jet liner flown into a football stadium with 70,000 people?

Did you try and get information by any means necessary in order to protect U.S. citizens?

Well no.  We didn't want to hurt Machmed's feelings.  That would be inhumane.  But don't think we didn't  ask in a stern voice.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 12:36:08 PM »
What torture?

Some would call it just deserts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 12:39:29 PM »
Great point. I agree 100%.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 12:50:26 PM »
The torture deal is a little more complex with me. I'm like Slick Willie in this sense, because "it depends on what the definition of is, is."

Through the years, I've always had a lot of respect for John McCain. I wanted him as president. Then he kind of went out into left field a few times on me but I still have a lot of respect for him.

As you prob know, he was a prisoner of war. This is a big concern for him and he's an anti-torture guy. I haven't heard what he has to say about this latest development but he didn't like the waterboarding. And in theory, I'm right there with him. Also, I've read conflicting reports on the effectiveness of waterboarding. I can only say that if my ass is strapped to one, I'll tell them whatever they want to know. All of the secrets regarding the x, whatever. WT will talk quickly.

I think they should just give them the old fashioned truth serum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 12:57:24 PM »

Correct.

Maybe I should have reworded my post. Torture is supposed to be bad. Thats the whole point. There is a reason those that are getting it, are getting it. We knew (as the public) that we were torturing....what did anyone think we were doing - playing pussy foot or scratching fingernails on a chalkboard?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 03:44:47 PM »
They should put me in charge of that operation.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 08:31:07 PM »
Jack Bauer wept

I'd rather read about all this "horrific" stuff on the innerwebs of a free country than the alternative if we never interrogate these folks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 08:40:48 PM »
Torture in the days of John McCain, with all due respect, was bullshit and sadistic. The Vietnamese knew the fly boys had no information. They weren't privy to the plans from DC.  That was torture for torture's sake. The Japanese and the Bataan Death March in WWII, etc. - that was all cultural. And all of it was for sadistic propaganda purposes.

The Al Quaida folks? Muslim extremists?  Waterboard the fuck out of those bastards. They know things. Sleeper cells, splinter groups, they all know the plans. Find a head honcho and you cut off his testicles and feed them to pigs if it saves even one American life. Fuck their rights. Fuck their freedoms. Fuck our so called humanity. You cannot fight a fire with civil liberties. It kills me to know that if the ISIS captured even one of these fucktards who are denouncing our treatment of Islamists, ISIS would cut their heads off as quickly as they would anyone else.  These idiots are defending the rabid dog in the room!! And they don't see that!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 10:06:05 AM »
In a very general way I am against torture. Sounds like a bad thing, not something I would normally endorse. However, and I truly mean this, fudge each and every terrorist. fudge them all. Yes I hope they die and I hope they burn in hell. If making one of those horrible bastards think he's gonna drown before he dies provides us with an effective means to kill more of them then pass the water hose, billy. This is war. It's a war we didn't start with people who, deep down, hate us and want us to ALL to die. Call me cruel but I don't give a shoot about people who are actively plotting to kill me. I don't understand a lot of the attitudes in this country and the idea that I should care about someone who tries to or succeeds in killing an INNOCENT person boggles my mind.

I don't need terrorists around, I don't need rapists around, I don't need murderers around and I don't need kiddy touchers around. Kill 'em all.

And for clarification's sake I'm not saying we torture US citizens, even those that are convicted of horrific crimes. I am saying that I think all of the above should be capital offenses, if only to save a little tax money here and there. Also for clarification's sake I think if we can prove someone is involved in actual literal terrorism I don't care what happens to them and if pouring some water on their heads keeps me and mine safe from a goddamned plane smashing into their office then I'm cool with it.

As George Orwell pointed out, people sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:20:24 AM by smooth_operator »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 10:08:59 AM »
In a very general way I am against torture. Sounds like a bad thing, not something I would normally endorse. However, and I truly mean this, fuck each and every terrorist. Fuck them all. Yes I hope they die and I hope they burn in hell. If making one of those horrible bastards think he's gonna drown before he dies provides us with an effective means to kill more of them then pass the water hose, billy. This is war. It's a war we didn't start with people who, deep down, hate us and want us to ALL to die. Call me cruel but I don't give a shit about people who are actively plotting to kill me. I don't understand a lot of the attitudes in this country and the idea that I should care about someone who tries to or succeeds in killing an INNOCENT person boggles my mind.

I don't need terrorists around, I don't need rapists around, I don't need murderers around and I don't need kiddy touchers around. Kill 'em all.

totally unreasonable
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »

You might want to unbookmark tigersx.com.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions