Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big Game Bob does it again

Re: Big Game Bob does it again
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 08:59:09 AM »
I don't disagree with your point.  Murray said that the defender's helmet didn't touch his, but I'm pretty sure that it did.  It wouldn't have been roughing the passer since a defender was already returning the intercepted ball, but would have been targeting I think.

Should have been targeting. 

You cannot lead with the crown of your helmet especially against a defenseless player.  Murray was trying to play tough guy.  It's obvious the helmet is being used as a bludgeoning tool and makes contact with Murray's facemask. 

But you know, just par for the course with Alabama getting the bulk of the calls. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 09:02:11 AM »
Should have been targeting. 

You cannot lead with the crown of your helmet especially against a defenseless player.  Murray was trying to play tough guy.  It's obvious the helmet is being used as a bludgeoning tool and makes contact with Murray's facemask. 

But you know, just par for the course with Alabama getting the bulk of the calls.

And apparently if you don't play D for bama, leading with the hands and pushing off is the same as leading with the helmet.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »
Did not watch one second of the bammer bowl

Shot an 86 and had a few beers at the 19th hole. Did not watch one second of the foosball yesterday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 12:44:54 PM »
And apparently if you don't play D for bama, leading with the hands and pushing off is the same as leading with the helmet.
I don't care if he led with his dick.  He hit Sims above the shoulders with the crown of his helmet.  Maybe if it wasn't so late of a hit it might have gone unnoticed, but it was targeting regardless.  Even Pinkel said his coaches in the booth told him during the review that they saw it, and it was going to be upheld.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 12:48:46 PM »

Shot an 86 and had a few beers at the 19th hole. Did not watch one second of the foosball yesterday.
You guys play winter rules or no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 12:59:28 PM »
The thing that upsets me is that if you strictly enforce the rule "defenseless player", then targeting should have been called regularly against all opposing teams that AU faced during the last half of the season. :rofl: :rimshot: :clap: :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »
The thing that upsets me is that if you strictly enforce the rule "defenseless player", then targeting should have been called regularly against all opposing teams that AU faced during the last half of the season. :rofl: :rimshot: :clap: :fu:
I like the old testament " eye for an eye" bit in sport. Very tidy system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2014, 06:15:23 PM »
You guys play winter rules or no?

Year around. (If nobody looking)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 09:01:48 AM »
I don't care if he led with his dick.  He hit Sims above the shoulders with the crown of his helmet.  Maybe if it wasn't so late of a hit it might have gone unnoticed, but it was targeting regardless.  Even Pinkel said his coaches in the booth told him during the review that they saw it, and it was going to be upheld.

The point.....up here

Your head......down here
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE