Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hutch dead at 80

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Hutch dead at 80
« on: January 05, 2024, 08:40:04 PM »

The older you get, the more often stuff like this happened. When I was a kid, before I wanted to be Sonny Crockett, I wanted to be Hutch.  The platform shoes, bell bottoms, thin leather jacket (or letterman's jacket)...... man, that was the shit!  Hutch was the one with the deft sense of humor that balanced out the hyper intensity of his buddy Starsky.

That funky ass theme music. That sweet as hell car.

I really, really wanted one of those Gran Torinos. It's one of the things I swore to myself I'd own one day, but to this point never have. 

And now he's dead.  At 80. Heard last year he'd been sick. Now it's over.

I guess he'll have to give up on us, baby. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Hutch dead at 80
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 09:54:40 PM »
I remember the first time I saw him as someone other than Hutch.
My dad somehow thought it was a good idea to take a ten to year old to see a replay of Magnum Force. It was shocking to see him as the bad guy.
And the movie showed boobies!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 10:54:23 PM »
My dad somehow thought it was a good idea to take a ten to year old to see a replay of Magnum Force. It was shocking to see him as the bad guy.

BOOBIES!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 04:57:42 PM »
Ha! My Dad took me to that one as well. Always went to the earliest showings because he had hours like a farmer. I grew up on Country Boy Eddie.   
I could milk the cow and tend to the livestock if I had any.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 02:31:10 AM »
Ha! My Dad took me to that one as well. Always went to the earliest showings because he had hours like a farmer. I grew up on Country Boy Eddie.   
I could milk the cow and tend to the livestock if I had any.

OMG. Country boy Eddie. He came on at like 5AM. My granddaddy watched him every morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 11:51:18 AM »
OMG. Country boy Eddie. He came on at like 5AM. My granddaddy watched him every morning.

My grandma did too. 

I think that is part of my hatred for country music.  Loved my grandmother, but hearing that twangy, nasally, yee-haw nonsense that early in the morning when I stayed at her house was nigh intolerable. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 08:57:32 AM »
My grandma did too. 

I think that is part of my hatred for country music.  Loved my grandmother, but hearing that twangy, nasally, yee-haw nonsense that early in the morning when I stayed at her house was nigh intolerable. 
My grandmother would let me stay up a bit while she watched her "programs" as long as I was quiet. Made it through Perry Mason reruns.

The Adam West Batman series was must see after school.
Same bat time. Same bat channel.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 09:00:34 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2024, 12:47:25 PM »
My grandmother would let me stay up a bit while she watched her "programs" as long as I was quiet. Made it through Perry Mason reruns.

The Adam West Batman series was must see after school.
Same bat time. Same bat channel.

Perry Mason, then the CBS Late Movie sometimes. 

Batman.  100%

After school was a mix of Gomer Pyle, Petticoat Junction, Brady Bunch, Partridge Family, A Family Affair (had a crush on the niece and loved that Mr. French had the voice of Baghera from Jungle Book), Gilligan's Island, The Real McCoys, and one other that I just can't think of. 

I think we had the same grandma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2024, 01:43:35 PM »
Perry Mason, then the CBS Late Movie sometimes. 

Batman.  100%

After school was a mix of Gomer Pyle, Petticoat Junction, Brady Bunch, Partridge Family, A Family Affair (had a crush on the niece and loved that Mr. French had the voice of Baghera from Jungle Book), Gilligan's Island, The Real McCoys, and one other that I just can't think of. 

I think we had the same grandma.
Ha. If you lived in my house, you were watching wrestling reruns in the afternoon. My younger brother LOVED wrestling. He had a body cast on and could not get around without help. My dad took him to Montgomery to watch wrestling. They put him on the front row on a metal chair. My dad said it was the happiest he ever saw the kid. Had to pick him up off the floor about ten times.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Damn Six

• Pale Rider
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2024, 07:53:29 PM »
Ha. If you lived in my house, you were watching wrestling reruns in the afternoon. My younger brother LOVED wrestling. He had a body cast on and could not get around without help. My dad took him to Montgomery to watch wrestling. They put him on the front row on a metal chair. My dad said it was the happiest he ever saw the kid. Had to pick him up off the floor about ten times.

Never pictured your family as white trash.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“If you're waitin' for a woman to make up her mind, you may have a long wait.” Preacher

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2024, 09:27:54 PM »

What about Hee Haw, Lawrence Welk, and Porter Waggoner?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2024, 09:38:57 PM »
... "a Sissy and a Bobby"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2024, 01:06:59 AM »

Wasn’t porter Waggoner on Hee Haw? I can’t remember.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2024, 01:11:15 AM »
Never pictured your family as white trash.

You wouldn’t have made it in my trailerhood!
We would have pile-drived your ass!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2024, 07:43:22 AM »
Wasn’t porter Waggoner on Hee Haw? I can’t remember.

No.  That was Buck Owens and Roy Clark.  With Junior Samples, Grandpa, Archie Campbell, the Hager twins, and Gordie. And short-short, halter top wearing countrified heat.  Also Minne Pearl. 

Porter might have done a guest shot on Hee Haw, but he had his own show. The Porter Wagoner Hour.  With Dolly. 

I don't know how he was ever on TV.  My grandma watched all the time, but he creeped me the absolute hell out. 

My other grandmother watched Carol Burnett more often.  I never liked Carol, but Tim Conway and Harvey Korman were hilarious. I can still watch them and find it funny.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 07:46:54 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2024, 12:29:48 PM »
No.  That was Buck Owens and Roy Clark.  With Junior Samples, Grandpa, Archie Campbell, the Hager twins, and Gordie. And short-short, halter top wearing countrified heat.  Also Minne Pearl. 

Porter might have done a guest shot on Hee Haw, but he had his own show. The Porter Wagoner Hour.  With Dolly. 

I don't know how he was ever on TV.  My grandma watched all the time, but he creeped me the absolute hell out. 

My other grandmother watched Carol Burnett more often.  I never liked Carol, but Tim Conway and Harvey Korman were hilarious. I can still watch them and find it funny.
Which one of your grandmothers had the husband with the crusty ball sack?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com