Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Where's the Turkey?

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: Thoughts - Week Where's the Turkey?
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 11:31:19 AM »

Being a Pat Sullivan coached team does, anyone really think we were going to demolish this team?  I don't...I don't think they were going to do that to Pat.  Honestly this game was never in any jeopardy.

This
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 11:57:39 AM »
I think we get skull fucked.  I don't understand why we should, but I don't think the team is cohesive enough to handle it.  As a whole, the team hasn't responded well to adversity.  It seems mentally fragile. 

Funny thing?  I think if we'd whipped Florida State's ass last year we'd be unbeaten this year.  Letting that crab stealing punk ass bitch lead a comeback after we shot ourselves in the ass repeatedly last year erased that feeling they all had that they were bulletproof.  Until that happened I don't think a single player on that team thought they could be beaten.  That would have carried over.  Instead the possibility that there were cracks in the armor stayed with them.  Maybe focusing on it as we did in the offseason was good for Gus and his motivation, but in a way I think it reinforced the potential for vulnerability with some of the people on this team. 

Other than Georgia -- and I don't understand that fuckall in any way -- we really were better than the two teams to which we lost.  We could have slaughtered State if we'd gotten out of our own way.  And demolished A&M if we'd halfway played defense at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »
Other than Georgia -- and I don't understand that fuckall in any way -- we really were better than the two teams to which we lost.  We could have slaughtered State if we'd gotten out of our own way.  And demolished A&M if we'd halfway played defense at all.
Agree 100%

As far as the bammer game, I really don't know.  I have an uneasy feeling about the game, but I always do when we play the turds.  It really depends on what schizophrenic AU team shows up.

I think Gus still may have some magic in that bag of tricks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 12:50:37 PM »
I think that UGA or Samford or LSU or aTm or whoever is not going to have any direct affect on this game. Auburn has the ability to come out and play good on both sides of the ball. I think our offense matches up well with their defense and our defense matches up well with their offense. Alabama is built like LSU and we were able to play them pretty good.

Alabama will have a nice home field advantage on their side but other than that...meh. I think Gus will have a good game plan and I think we cut out the stupid drops and penalties in this game because we are more focused. I think we win.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 12:55:21 PM »
Funny thing?  I think if we'd whipped Florida State's ass last year we'd be unbeaten this year.  Letting that crab stealing punk ass bitch lead a comeback after we shot ourselves in the ass repeatedly last year erased that feeling they all had that they were bulletproof.  Until that happened I don't think a single player on that team thought they could be beaten.  That would have carried over.  Instead the possibility that there were cracks in the armor stayed with them.  Maybe focusing on it as we did in the offseason was good for Gus and his motivation, but in a way I think it reinforced the potential for vulnerability with some of the people on this team. 

Agreed.

I also think the team is tired.  Jumping up 21-3 then retaking the lead with what could have been an all-timer highlight touchdown run by Tre Mason only to lose in the last minute?  You know that the team has felt like every day since that night has been a chance for redemption.  But that wears on you.  It takes a long time to get back to the championship game to have a do-over.  Too long for this team.

Bama's going to skull fuck us because we commit too many penalties, tackle poorly, and drop passes that should be caught.  I think we'll tackle a little better in this one as Cooper is the only flashy guy they have, and he's hobbled.  But the penalties will be just as bad because the pressure is on, and guys like Mincy who can't help but get pass interference calls won't suddenly be able to play disciplined football.  Coleman seems to have regressed back to high school level and Alabama's big defensive linemen are going to bullrush him into two or three holding calls.  And I don't think our receivers will catch the ball when blanketed by Saban-coached defensive backs. 

If Duke (as rumored) does play, I may change my tune.  But until we have a consistent receiver that can move the ball 5-15 yards down field, we're looking at a long evening this Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »
bama is going down. We got'em exactly where we want them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 01:27:47 PM »
I wouldn't even watch the game you nancy fucks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »
I mean this srsly. I am glad that most of you are confident and optimistic. I really wish I could make myself feel that way. It's so much more fun. But, I'm more gloomy, as if I've accepted our fate. It looks like that's the way most of the team has been since aTm, so I guess I caught it.

I don't think we take a 2012 beating. I so hope not. But I'm expecting a beating.

Could go into all of the what ifs and such, and yes I do think this team is capable of beating Bama. But the number of things that I think would have to happen probably will not. Need Duke back at 100% and I think that the D has to play at least as well as against Samford. I actually saw several nice form tackles.

And beating the dead horse, would need to see JJ. I've called for it all season. Won't do it anymore. Maybe that will work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »
I still don't see what Jay Jacobs has to do with any of this.  You people keep saying we need him when he's already our AD. Been there for at least a couple of years now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 02:06:35 PM »
I think that UGA or Samford or LSU or aTm or whoever is not going to have any direct affect on this game. Auburn has the ability to come out and play good on both sides of the ball. I think our offense matches up well with their defense and our defense matches up well with their offense. Alabama is built like LSU and we were able to play them pretty good.

Alabama will have a nice home field advantage on their side but other than that...meh. I think Gus will have a good game plan and I think we cut out the stupid drops and penalties in this game because we are more focused. I think we win.

The good part about your post is that it is logical, correct and I agree.

The bad part is, we could have (and did) said the same thing a couple of days before the UGA game.

We matched up well with them. In their house. And we thought Gus would dig deep and pull out all of the stops. I thought we would have a good game plan. And that the dumb mistakes were gone since we would be up for a big game. But that balloon popped.

I hope for the best, but I'm in the state of Missouri at the moment and need to see it. Show me Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »
The good part about your post is that it is logical, correct and I agree.

The bad part is, we could have (and did) said the same thing a couple of days before the UGA game.

We matched up well with them. In their house. And we thought Gus would dig deep and pull out all of the stops. I thought we would have a good game plan. And that the dumb mistakes were gone since we would be up for a big game. But that balloon popped.

I hope for the best, but I'm in the state of Missouri at the moment and need to see it. Show me Gus.

Agreed.

And except for the penalties and stupid mistakes part, we may have been fine. I agree though, if we turn the ball over, suck on special teams, and have 4 or 5 PI or unsportsmanlike penalties...we will lose. I just happen to think these won't continue to happen...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 02:37:36 PM »
The SEC is just plain crazy this year.  Like never before.  You have no idea what you're going to get out of any team on any given week.  Bama is 10-1 and ranked #1 in the country.  Seems kind of status quo on the surface and probably does to those around the country.  But in getting there, they lost to a team that just got their collective Hobby Lobby pushed in by Arkansas.  They didn't just lose, they got dominated.  Bama coulda', shoulda', woulda' lost to Arkansas, who we killed, and an LSU team that we stroked 41-7. 

Florida runs three weak ass plays all game and physically manhandles Georgia.  Then Gata loses to USCe.  Surely we'll trample the Dawgs with our running game.  No...and don't call me Shirley.  A&M looks like the best team in the country in week one and later loses to Bama 263-0.  Then, Dismuke gib it to him on da' HUT and we go down to the Faggies.  (+3.6 to Sani) 

Who knows what the hell we'll get from either of these teams Saturday?  I think we can match up well enough defensively to stay in it.  We know full well what our offense is CAPABLE of but we're all skeptical given the comedy of errors that's plagued this team in recent weeks.  Ultimately, my thoughts are that IF....IF...all things are equal and we don't come out turning the ball over and making stupid ass penalties....and if Gus has this team coming in with a wide open, nothing to lose attitude and game plan that reflects that attitude (Think Spurrier against us) then Saturday is gonna' be wild.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2014, 04:12:11 PM »
I still say Gus has got some magic in that bag of his.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2014, 04:30:24 PM »
I still say Gus has got some magic in that bag of his.

Well, I'm sure Mrs. Malzahn is happy about that, but where does Gus' scrotum fit in to the conversation about the Iron Bowl?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2014, 04:34:19 PM »
Some people simply do not know when enough is enough with the juvenile wise cracks. This is Iron Bowl week. Game face should be on.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 04:41:07 PM »
Some people simply do not know when enough is enough with the juvenile wise cracks. This is Iron Bowl week. Game face should be on.  :facepalm:

:facepalm:  This has been the game face in recent weeks
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 04:49:16 PM »
:facepalm:  This has been the game face in recent weeks
^^This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. There isn't anything funny about this.  :taunt:

Get your head in the game.

The next person to use  :facepalm: in a post is a dooky head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »
^^This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. There isn't anything funny about this.  :taunt:

Get your head in the game.

The next person to use  :facepalm: in a post is a dooky head.
He's just upset he doesn't have a bag....and the magic is gone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2014, 05:06:48 PM »
He's just upset he doesn't have a bag....and the magic is gone.

I'm magic on the mic. :dance2:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2014, 05:58:15 PM »
I'm magic on the mic. :dance2:

Does that thing take batteries?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions