Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Policy Man

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Policy Man
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:35:21 PM »
from the al. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth..  Who do you think has a policy? The long snapper and who else?

The insurance policy Georgia bought for star running back Todd Gurley is nothing new, not in a sport where the prospect of protecting future NFL earnings has become a very real consideration.

Auburn is no stranger to the practice.

Tigers coach Gus Malzahn confirmed that Auburn has bought insurance for star players in the past, and the Tigers will continue to purchase policies for the right players in the future.

"We have done it in the past for certain players," Malzahn said. "We'll always do what's best for our players."

The NCAA allows schools to purchase injury insurance through the Student Assistance Fund.

Malzahn did not offer details on which players might have earned insurance policies in the past, but Auburn bought a policy last season for former left tackle Greg Robinson, who ended up being selected by the St. Louis Rams with the No. 2 pick.

Robinson, who vaulted to the top of the NFL Draft last season, became an obvious choice as he became a potential top-10 pick over the course of last season.

Deciding which players need a policy depends on their possible draft position and expected future earnings.

"There are areas to that where they have to be evaluated and draft status and all that before insurance comes into play," Malzahn said. "There's a draft status that determines the financial limits as far as that goes."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Policy Man
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 02:48:48 PM »
Sammy, Duke, Nick and Reese.

And J.J. needed one last season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
Sammy, Duke, Nick and Reese.

And J.J. needed one last season.

Out of the group you just listed, Reese would be the only one.  Duke might need one next year.

Back on to Gurley, he gonna get paid.

Gurley actually has two policies with UGA.  One that says if he is permanently injured and can't play football he will collect 5 million.  The other states if his draft stock drops he will collect 5 million.  Almost certain he will be paid on the second policy.

Also interesting which the story left out, is that the players are required to reimburse the school for the policy if the policy pays out or upon getting paid in the draft.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 03:11:48 PM »
Out of the group you just listed, Reese would be the only one.  Duke might need one next year.

Back on to Gurley, he gonna get paid.

Gurley actually has two policies with UGA.  One that says if he is permanently injured and can't play football he will collect 5 million.  The other states if his draft stock drops he will collect 5 million.  Almost certain he will be paid on the second policy.

Also interesting which the story left out, is that the players are required to reimburse the school for the policy if the policy pays out or upon getting paid in the draft.

As incredibly athletic as the others are, you're probably right that he's the only one right now.  Depending on needs, he'll go no later than the 2nd.  Probably first if someone needs a center.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 03:26:26 PM »
As incredibly athletic as the others are, you're probably right that he's the only one right now.  Depending on needs, he'll go no later than the 2nd.  Probably first if someone needs a center.

Sammy is incredibly dynamic and could probably be a 2nd-3rd round choice, but he drops way too many easy balls.  If he were to leave this year (only a Junior) I see 5th-6th round.

Duke getting hurt, I think hurts his chances.  I think he might be smart to stick around and let Jeremy throw him the rock next year.

Nick is an amazing athlete.  If he insists on NFL QB he might be a 6th or 7th round pick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 03:43:47 PM »
Sammy is incredibly dynamic and could probably be a 2nd-3rd round choice, but he drops way too many easy balls.  If he were to leave this year (only a Junior) I see 5th-6th round.

Duke getting hurt, I think hurts his chances.  I think he might be smart to stick around and let Jeremy throw him the rock next year.

Nick is an amazing athlete.  If he insists on NFL QB he might be a 6th or 7th round pick.

Agreed.  Unfortunately, most of these guys don't use common sense and listen to bad advice.  I'm always curious about guys like Uzomahbadistan who have great athleticalability but seem underused.  I could see him playing with a Peyton Manning and having 10 catches a game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
Nick is an amazing athlete.  If he insists on NFL QB he might be flipping burgers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 04:34:10 PM »
That would be grillmaster might have been our lockdown corner...and we will never know.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:36:39 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 07:50:53 PM »
I wish Coates would leave this year and would tell him that "sorry, we are out of insurance policies. It's better to take your talents to the NFL."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 11:21:22 AM »
I wish Coates would leave this year and would tell him that "sorry, we are out of insurance policies. It's better to take your talents to the NFL."
He drops way to many balls to be considered a
 Elite receiver.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 11:44:55 AM »
He drops way to many balls to be considered a
 Elite receiver.
Kinda like Trashy Trina
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 12:51:40 PM »
Kinda like Trashy Trina
You tell em' cabbage you got the head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 08:50:48 AM »
Duke, Sammy and Louis all demand real attention even if they take turns dropping passes.

Nick (59.5%) overthrows a couple and they drop two or three per game.
Maybe one of those drops per game result in a score...FG or touchdown. Just Sayin'.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions