Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Muschamp Finished at Florida

Muschamp Finished at Florida
« on: November 16, 2014, 12:38:10 PM »
Andy Staples
@Andy_Staples
 Follow
SI.com has learned that Will Muschamp has been dismissed at Florida. Story upcoming.

Brett McMurphy ?@McMurphyESPN 2m2 minutes ago

Will Muschamp will coach final 2 games, stepping down as UF’s coach, source told @ESPN
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:39:50 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Muschamp Finished at Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 12:52:21 PM »
Let's hire him a our new DC.
 #winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 01:06:17 PM »
Let's hire him a our new DC.
 #winning

Thanks to Jay Jacobs and some nonsense about tickets at a bowl game, that ship sailed long ago in the Tubs era. Muschamp will get a chance again somewhere down the line and probably out of the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 04:12:54 PM »
Yeah, I'd take CWM in a second.  So, who does UF go after?  Could have a huge impact on the SEC if they get the right guy.

Big Game Bob?

Rich Rod?

Mullen?

Chip Kelley?

Been listening to PF some and most of the "experts" think the first 3 are no-go's.  To be honest, Kelley would scare the hell out of me.  I think the guy is a great coach and from what I've read, he's a workaholic when it comes to the foosballz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 04:27:05 PM »
Yeah, I'd take CWM in a second.  So, who does UF go after?  Could have a huge impact on the SEC if they get the right guy.

Big Game Bob?

Rich Rod?

Mullen?

Chip Kelley?

Been listening to PF some and most of the "experts" think the first 3 are no-go's.  To be honest, Kelley would scare the hell out of me.  I think the guy is a great coach and from what I've read, he's a workaholic when it comes to the foosballz.

The facepages says Vegas odds are on Gundy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 04:28:51 PM »

Big Game Bob?

Rich Rod?

Mullen?

Chip Kelley?

I would put Todd Graham on the "to call list" if I were Foley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 04:35:33 PM »
Why would Kelly leave the NFL? Philly loves him.

Rich Rod would be a mistake, IMO.

Bob ain't leaving Choklahoma, he can't cut it in Big 12 he definitely wont cut it in SEC.

The answer has been and will be Mullen.  (again this isn't an endorsement, I just saying that's who it will be.)  and no one else finds it a coincidence that the weekend Mullen loses they fire Muschamp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 04:36:36 PM »
The first name brought up as a potential candidate on ESPN last night was....

Gus Malzahn

:facepalm:

This after emphatically declaring the two names Florida would not consider were Mullen and Rodriguez.  I don't think they want their crazy/bitch wives. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 04:43:04 PM »
I think Muschamp is a pretty good DC, I just don't think he would be a right fit at AU (even if he would come back).  I don't know that Gus would put up with his outburst on the sidelines, but I think we need someone that will light into a players ass when they mess up.  Like Snaggs, I would take him back in a heartbeat though.

It was sad for me to see Rock on the their sideline Saturday night ripping into his line and a linebacker when coming off the filed during the 4th quarter when the game was well in hand.  I just wonder how rough our coaches are on our players.  Maybe I miss it, but I don't see it much on the D side of the ball during games.  I see out offensive coaches get pissed about plays.  Like I said, I might just be missing it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 04:46:29 PM »
The answer has been and will be Mullen.

This is what I am thinking. Mullen has already made his mind I believe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 04:50:29 PM »
This is what I am thinking. Mullen has already made his mind I believe.

Yet two weeks ago he was calling MissTake a "Destination job"...

In an interview with FOX Sports Live, Mullen was asked about the possibility of other teams calling, and while he didn't entirely rule out the possibility of a departure, he also said that he is in "the primo destination place" and that his job is an enviable as any.

"If they do [make job offers], then who knows? I think that's one of the most challenging things in this profession, as a coach, you're either on the hot seat, or you're on the way out the door. This time last year, I was on the hot seat after the Alabama game. This time, this year now, I have all the answers. So you go from smart to dumb to smart in a hurry, I guess.

The grass isn't always greener. We're the No. 1 team in the country so I think maybe more people are wondering, they want this job more than I want other jobs. I'm at the primo destination place. We're No. 1."

What a fuck stick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 04:52:04 PM »
It was sad for me to see Rock on the their sideline Saturday night ripping into his line and a linebacker when coming off the filed during the 4th quarter when the game was well in hand.  I just wonder how rough our coaches are on our players.  Maybe I miss it, but I don't see it much on the D side of the ball during games.  I see out offensive coaches get pissed about plays.  Like I said, I might just be missing it.

I want Rock back SO DAMN BAD.  The only other one I would want more would be Takeo No Neck Spikes.  I don't even know if he could coach.  But he could sure as hell motivate some people to get off their asses and fuck the other guy up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 04:54:59 PM »

Rich Rod would be a mistake, IMO.

Bob ain't leaving Choklahoma, he can't cut it in Big 12 he definitely wont cut it in SEC.

The answer has been and will be Mullen.  (again this isn't an endorsement, I just saying that's who it will be.)  and no one else finds it a coincidence that the weekend Mullen loses they fire Muschamp.

No Colonel Sanders, you're wrong.  Honestly, I have no clue whatsoever and really don't care as long as they don't hit a home run with this hire. Only speculating on Kelley from the standpoint of who knows if he's had a taste of both and he's not really in love with the NFL?  Haven't heard that but you wonder what it's like trying to corch multi million $$$ pre-Madonnas as opposed to college kids you can discipline how you see fit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 04:55:33 PM »
Yet two weeks ago he was calling MissTake a "Destination job"...

What a fuck stick.

Thats funny. It was these same remarks from Mullen that I was thinking about when posting this. He has gone out of his way like many have before him to "ensure" he was staying put. Yeah right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »
The first name brought up as a potential candidate on ESPN last night was....

Gus Malzahn

:facepalm:

This after emphatically declaring the two names Florida would not consider were Mullen and Rodriguez.  I don't think they want their crazy/bitch wives.

Texas job > Fla job.

Texas has more history, money, was supposed to be Gus' dream job, closer to his home, less recruiting battles, easier path to a Natty.

If Gus told Texas no then he will tell anyone in CFB no.

Personally I think Graham would be a great hire for them. And yes, Kelly would scare the shit out of me with Fla athletes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 05:00:01 PM »
Thats funny. It was these same remarks from Mullen that I was thinking about when posting this. He has gone out of his way like many have before him to "ensure" he was staying put. Yeah right.

You're not saying he will leave Starkville in a pine box?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 05:01:31 PM »

My neighbor is a massive Philly born and bred Iggle and they think Kelly is the Moses to lead them back to the promised land.  He also thinks Cody Parkey is the fucking man.

He is right on the second one. 

But yeah, for the moment, Kelly is set.  As big an asshole as he is, he is a perfect fit for their fan base. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 05:02:39 PM »
Mullen doesn't have a choice. UF isn't calling. However, I think Todd Graham at AZ State and Patterson TCU would be likely contacted by Foley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 05:04:01 PM »
Patterson and Briles are two more that are very good and established. Both built somethings out of nothings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »
You're not saying he will leave Starkville in a pine box?

Well, that is a possibility if he doesn't leave in the middle of the night out the back door.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions