Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sat Football Talk

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Sat Football Talk
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2014, 08:33:46 AM »
Glad y'all are so convinced that axing Ellis Johnson will be a magical cure-all that fixes all of our woes.

We scored seven fucking points. SEVEN. FUCKING. POINTS.

THIS ^^^  all of it....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2014, 08:36:13 AM »
Not a cure all. but a fine start.

And when we sport a D that gives up, say, only 300 a game and 16 points per game - and Mr Gum Chewing Wizard's O only scores 7 against a BAD Defense with loads of talent at his disposal - then what?

The D is a problem. Its not THE problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bgreene

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2014, 06:34:58 AM »
And when we sport a D that gives up, say, only 300 a game and 16 points per game - and Mr Gum Chewing Wizard's O only scores 7 against a BAD Defense with loads of talent at his disposal - then what?

The D is a problem. Its not THE problem.

It's not THE problem, but it's obvious that this bend don't break mentality is not the answer.  I 100% agree that the O was the worst we have seen under Gus.  However, that's not the norm.  What is the norm is that our D can't tackle for shit, and we are getting burned on the outside.  I like all of you want to win, but I also want the high powered O with a lights out D that makes AU an absolute force to deal with.  Not a team that everyone says "smoke and mirrors that can be beat".  Call me selfish, but I want AU to be on top of the CFB world and have our own "dynasty".  I want AU to be the top ranked D and O in the nation.  I said it last year, and I've said it all of this year, I don't like EJ as our DC.  I think we could do better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2014, 09:09:46 AM »
It's not THE problem, but it's obvious that this bend don't break mentality is not the answer.  I 100% agree that the O was the worst we have seen under Gus.  However, that's not the norm.  What is the norm is that our D can't tackle for shit, and we are getting burned on the outside.  I like all of you want to win, but I also want the high powered O with a lights out D that makes AU an absolute force to deal with.  Not a team that everyone says "smoke and mirrors that can be beat".  Call me selfish, but I want AU to be on top of the CFB world and have our own "dynasty".  I want AU to be the top ranked D and O in the nation.  I said it last year, and I've said it all of this year, I don't like EJ as our DC.  I think we could do better.

Although I don't like Coach Boom personally and I think he has some flaws as a DC (corners not playing the ball), I think he would be light years better than EJ. Why? Because as a DC, he at least knew how to motivate players and I think a lot of that has to do with being on the sideline with them, down in the trenches. He's younger too with apparently a shitload more energy than EJ. Someone needs to check that guys pulse from time to time. I think the motivation and high energy is exactly what Pruitt did with his guys Sat night. He had his D ready to play and it went a long way. He had those guys wanting it. I don't see that from EJ. Dude is a fossil. But again, he is just ONE problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »
Although I don't like Coach Boom personally and I think he has some flaws as a DC (corners not playing the ball), I think he would be light years better than EJ. Why? Because as a DC, he at least knew how to motivate players and I think a lot of that has to do with being on the sideline with them, down in the trenches. He's younger too with apparently a shootload more energy than EJ. Someone needs to check that guys pulse from time to time. I think the motivation and high energy is exactly what Pruitt did with his guys Sat night. He had his D ready to play and it went a long way. He had those guys wanting it. I don't see that from EJ. Dude is a fossil. But again, he is just ONE problem.
^^I'm becoming attracted to you. Would you possibly be interested in one of the sessions like GF and Chinook have going on sometime? Just a fling, nothing serious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2014, 12:39:44 PM »
^^I'm becoming attracted to you. Would you possibly be interested in one of the sessions like GF and Chinook have going on sometime? Just a fling, nothing serious.
Careful or he will call you names when he gets his dander up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2014, 01:56:35 PM »
Careful or he will call you names when he gets his dander up.

Only when you get into being a condescending ahole with the 7th grade level "I told you so" bs.

No strings attached? French benefits even? I love Paris!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »
Only when you get into being a condescending ahole with the 7th grade level "I told you so" bs.

No strings attached? French benefits even? I love Paris!
Our performance only validates what all of the Auburn detractors have been saying.

That statement above might be anything to anybody but it is not condescending or gloating by any means.
It's just an observation about what others have said about Auburn. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions