No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Pearl Jam
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 03:14:30 PM »
Maybe he can start some new cheers while he's at it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 03:40:10 PM »
Maybe he can start some new cheers while he's at it.

How about one called, "Even Flow".
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:44:13 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:50:37 PM »
So far, so good with Pearl.  Not used to this much positive stuff going on without somebody getting kicked off, arrested, failing to qualify....  Just been too much of that year after year after year in this program.  Hopefully, he's changing the culture.  I know I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

In looking at the roster and reading several articles, it looks like this team is loaded with guards/scorers.  Taj Mahal Sumpsadin Sham Paula Deen was running the point last year and he's been moved to an off guard, freeing him up to score and get some looks.  We have the nation's leading scorer from last year, Antoine Mason, who came in from Niagara and our leading scorer, KT Harrell back as well.

I think the whole season hinges around what kind of play we can get inside.  Not a lot of big bodies coming back.  One huge one in Cimmeon Bowers, the top JUCO player from last year.  6'8" and about 270. Matthew Atewe is another 6'8" big body that can rebound and block shots but he didn't do squat offensively last year.  After that....there ain't much in the way of size or experience.

The pre-conference schedule isn't loaded with powerhouses but overall, it's probably the toughest we've played in fo-evah.  Most of the bigger names are on the road too.  It includes:

Colorado
Oklahoma State
Oregon State
Texas Tech
Clemson
Winthrop (A perennial NCAA team)
Xavier 

I know Pearl has got everyone jacked up and I love what he's done so far. But, for this first year, give me 18-20 wins.  Give me competitive.  Give me look the hell out next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 05:05:48 PM »
A couple of guys that look (from their bio's anyway) like they have the potential to make it real interesting.  Jack Purchase is a 6'8" freshman from Dan Undah in Australia.  He played on their U17 and U20 National teams.  But TJ Lang may be the one that steps in early and kicks ass.  6'7" forward was All State and put up good numbers in scoring and rebounds. The best thing about him is his blood lines.  Daddy Antonio played on National Championship teams for Corch K at Dooooooooookie. 

He's gotta' be bad ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 08:43:40 AM »
All of those players should be removed from the team immediately.  We are young.  You cannot effectively practice until you don't have enough players with which to scrimmage. 

Signed -
Tony Barbee

PS -
Seemed like a sparse crowd.  Why?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:45:50 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 09:58:55 AM »
PS -
Seemed like a sparse crowd.  Why?

I think this was for students only. If I'm not misled here, the entire bottom section is for the students. Also, this was also part of a closed practice open to students only.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »
I think this was for students only. If I'm not misled here, the entire bottom section is for the students. Also, this was also part of a closed practice open to students only.

So only students could come?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 08:17:06 AM »
On a side note, I have been getting called about once a week by some kid in the Auburn ticket office with him trying to pimp us the X basketball outing tickets. 

The only tickets that remain for any large groups at this point are all before conference ball gets started so I guess we will have to pick them up outside whenever we decide to go to one.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 09:35:32 AM »
So only students could come?

I think, for this event anyway. It seems that this whole idea was to get the students more pumped and involved and also to give them a sneak peak at this years team. I'm not 100% certain, its just what I understood from what I read and what was said in the video.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions