friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Re: Election Night Nov 4, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:18:53 AM »
I just hope they remember to act like adults and not a bunch of spoiled brat idiots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 09:09:35 AM »
Color me shocked if anything changes. The new people will huff and puff about what they plan on doing and the changes that are coming.

After the first of the year it will be business as usual. Which means a bunch of folks who make way to much money and do very little.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 09:23:05 AM »
Color me shocked if anything changes. The new people will huff and puff about what they plan on doing and the changes that are coming.

After the first of the year it will be business as usual. Which means a bunch of folks who make way to much money and do very little.

And then it will be Hillary Clinton's turn to hasten the apocalypse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 09:51:37 AM »

Nice to hear you have no issue with the status quo. Your entire post sounds like a bunch of College Student SGA cliches bunched together. Screw the man and his draconian laws...MAN!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:03:02 AM »
Nice to hear you have no issue with the status quo. Your entire post sounds like a bunch of College Student SGA cliches bunched together. Screw the man and his draconian laws...MAN!

They need to wipe the whole bunch of them out of there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 10:33:57 AM »
They need to wipe the whole bunch of them out of there.

In the Senate, that doesnt usually happen every two years since they are all on 3 different revolving 6 year terms. But many of those who won last night are the new blood you are referring to, including an upstanding Iraq War Vet in Arkansas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 10:42:45 AM »
In the Senate, that doesnt usually happen every two years since they are all on 3 different revolving 6 year terms. But many of those who won last night are the new blood you are referring to, including an upstanding Iraq War Vet in Arkansas.

My Congressional district, which includes East St Louis, elected a Republican for the first time in 70 years last night.  And he's also a Marine.  And he got out a Corporal, which means he earned his blood stripe.

Edit to add:

http://www.bnd.com/2014/11/05/3494882_thank-you-congressman-elect-bost.html?sp=/99/100/&rh=1

SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE — Hours after winning the race to represent Illinois' 12th District in Congress, Mike Bost drove from Murphysboro to the metro-east to greet workers as they arrived at Scott Air Force Base on Wednesday.

At 7:30 a.m., Bost stood at the base’s entrance and held a sign that simply said, "Thank you."

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:46:14 AM by AUJarhead »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 10:46:44 AM »

I meant the whole Washington establishment.  Starting with Boehner, Pelosi, Obama, McConnell and anybody else who has been there over 5 years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 11:21:57 AM »

I meant the whole Washington establishment.  Starting with Boehner, Pelosi, Obama, McConnell and anybody else who has been there over 5 years.

I hope Boehner and McConnell simply get relegated to being "just another vote" instead of being in leadership positions. Although I am willing to see what they will try now that they have both sides of Congress. I know Boehner was in a tough position with the White House and Senate both blocking anything and everything, with Reid practically shooting down anything he didn't like. Now there will be no excuse.

I would be elated to see Gowdy as Speaker, and Rubio as Senate Maj. Leader.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 12:52:31 PM »

Republican Joni Ernst is the first woman ever elected to Congress in Iowa and the first female combat veteran in the Senate, having served in Kuwait as a company commander in 2003 and 2004.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »
I hope Boehner and McConnell simply get relegated to being "just another vote" instead of being in leadership positions. Although I am willing to see what they will try now that they have both sides of Congress. I know Boehner was in a tough position with the White House and Senate both blocking anything and everything, with Reid practically shooting down anything he didn't like. Now there will be no excuse.

I would be elated to see Gowdy as Speaker, and Rubio as Senate Maj. Leader.

werd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 02:57:06 PM »
I'll be glad if they just stop the damn bleeding. ACA needs to be gutted!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 04:24:51 PM »
Republican Joni Ernst is the first woman ever elected to Congress in Iowa and the first female combat veteran in the Senate, having served in Kuwait as a company commander in 2003 and 2004.

Back in the day I would have served under her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 08:34:10 AM »

Back in the day I would have served under her.

I bet you would have. But Mrs Dallas would not have thought that to be keen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »
I bet you would have. But Mrs Dallas would not have thought that to be keen.

There was a time before her. I She  have has the pictures
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions