Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

When's the train wreck?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
When's the train wreck?
« on: October 31, 2014, 02:55:29 PM »
When Kiffin was hired, most of us called it. I still believe it's coming but I'm not thinking it's this year now. It appears that maybe Kiffin had a come to Jesus meeting with Saban and he's not following him like a shadow all game like early on. And the o has improved.

Kiffin is a good play caller. I would put him at 3 in the Sec.

Spurrier is one and Gus is 2 in my book. If I remember correctly, both have won and lost the big one as play callers. I only give Sourrier the edge because of tenure. It's really 1.a and 1.b but whatever.

But Kiffin is 3rd for me. I like him as much as Petrino on a personal level, which is even less than Saban. Would never want him as a coach. Hated Petrino as a person at AU but he was a hell of a play caller. He was a hired gun like  Kiffin and it works sometimes.

I must admit it appears to be working at Bama. Not early on but it's clicking. How long? Were we wrong?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:59:55 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: When's the train wreck?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 03:07:15 PM »
When Kiffin was hired, most of us called it. I still believe it's coming but I'm not thinking it's this year now. It appears that maybe Kiffin had a come to Jesus meeting with Saban and he's not following him like a shadow all game like early on. And the o has improved.

Spurrier is one and Gus is 2 in my book. If I remember correctly, both have won and lost the big one as play callers. I only give Sourrier the edge because of tenure. It's really 1.a and 1.b but whatever.

But Kiffin is 3rd for me. I like him as much as Petrino on a personal level, which is even less than Saban. Would never want him as a coach. Hated Petrino as a person at AU but he was a hell of a play caller. He was a hired gun like  Kiffin and it works sometimes.

I must admit it appears to be working at Bama. Not early on but it's clicking. How long? Were we wrong?

The one good decent team they have played this year they lost to.   I'll hold my judgement till the end of the year.

3 losses

I will say Simms has played better than I thought he would to this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
He's better than we thought, but I think I could score 35 points a game with 42 five star athletes to work with.

I think the bigger story is Blake Sims.  In the spring game, I thought Bama was an easy 3-4 loss team - maybe more - unless Coker turned out to be halfway decent.  Sims looked like a horrifically inaccurate QB with average legs.  He's been on fire most of the season. 

But if you're really waiting on a train wreck, let Alabama lose a few games.  No matter what, the ole faithful nation will blame Kiffin.  It'll be that he scores too much and Saban's defense was gassed.  It'll be that Kiffin has taken away from the discipline in the locker room.  It'll be something, but it won't be Saban. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »
But if you're really waiting on a train wreck, let Alabama lose a few games.  No matter what, the ole faithful nation will blame Kiffin.  It'll be that he scores too much and Saban's defense was gassed.  It'll be that Kiffin has taken away from the discipline in the locker room.  It'll be something, but it won't be Saban.

This man knows the format process^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »
Not even close to going there with Kiffin.  He's failed everywhere he's been and he's proven nothing so far with Bama. The bottom line with Bama as an offensive coordinator is you can look like a jeenyus....just don't fuck it up.  We all say the recruiting rankings are inflated for them, and I'm sure to some extent, they are.  But Kiffin is calling plays for an offense that consists almost solely of 4 and 5 star talent.  Pretty easy to look good.

By far, the three worst teams in this league are Vandy, Arky and UT.  Kiffin called plays against 2 of them.  469 total yards against UT with 224 of those from one receiver..probably the best athlete in the country.  Against Arky, a team that hasn't won a game since the Carter administration, they had a whopping10 first downs and 388 total yards.  The only teams they've lit it up against are a horrible Florida and yeeeeesh, Texas A&M.

I've never been on board with the train wreck crew. It may happen but there's just too much talent...unless coaching fricks it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 03:43:41 PM »
I say bama loses one more game to Auburn then their bowl game because they suck at bowl games after losing to Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 03:49:08 PM »
I say bama loses one more game to Auburn then their bowl game because they suck at bowl games after losing to Auburn.

They don't care, just ask them after they lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 03:51:06 PM »

They don't care, just ask them after they lose.

It's those damn rosters that get them.  Nobody on them before their bowl games anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 04:09:11 PM »
It's those damn rosters that get them.  Nobody on them before their bowl games anymore.

They all turned pro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 04:11:27 PM »

Agree. We are often wrong and this is a prime example.

I'm not even sold by anyone here that Jake Coker is a bum. He had one horrific outing when the offense was out of sync, when receivers were lining up wrong and developed alligator arms. Lane smirked at him on the sidelines but he was asked to throw every pass imaginable that day which to me looked like a tryout for failure given his lack of game experience. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions