Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The real official first vote thread

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: The real official first vote thread
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 01:34:09 PM »
Meh. If you don't win your conference you don't have much of a leg to stand on. But considering how this inaugural rankings came out, obviously they think the SEC has the much stronger SOS.

If Oregon, Michigan State, Notre Dame, and one of the 1-loss Big XII schools end up winning out from here, they'll have a valid argument to be included over a 2nd SEC team, IMO. But if some of those stumble there shouldn't be much controversy with putting a 2 loss SEC non-champion team above a 2 loss Big Televen champion.
They won't have a valid argument in my mind, assuming the SEC losses are close. I haven't looked at the SOS rankings in a while but regardless, I think the level of west SEC outshines the other conferences by so much that 2 close losses trumps a weak conference champ. It's definitely debatable, like your sexuality. But the committee will go with the conference champ, regardless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 01:39:38 PM »
Say Ole Miss wins out. Alabama beats Miss. St, but loses to Auburn. Auburn loses to Ole Miss and beats Georgia. Ole Miss goes to SECCg against UGA. UGA as a 2 loss team win the SEC CG. Who gets in the playoff?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 01:46:24 PM »
Say Ole Miss wins out. Alabama beats Miss. St, but loses to Auburn. Auburn loses to Ole Miss and beats Georgia. Ole Miss goes to SECCg against UGA. UGA as a 2 loss team win the SEC CG. Who gets in the playoff?
You would have to figure UGA as the winner of the SECG.  As it stands right now, meaning Oregon and MSU have one loss, FSU no losses. 4th team in with 2 losses would be SEC champion. Would be by guess.

But your scenario doesn't take into account how big the losses were.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »
That's pretty much the same scenario that was discussed. Georgia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 01:50:18 PM »
The only other way I see a 2-loss SEC (Non Conference Champion going) is if any of the other teams lose another one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 02:00:36 PM »
The only other way I see a 2-loss SEC (Non Conference Champion going) is if any of the other teams lose another one.
Agree. We're in the SEC Division playoffs right now. Just because we have 3 SEC teams RIGHT NOW doesn't mean we should have more than one at the end of the year, necessarily. Just means that winning in this SEC schedule means a lot and one SEC team (the champion) should be all but guaranteed a spot.

Now, if Oregon or Michigan State or Notre Dame lose again? Or maybe even if Florida State loses at all? Probably. I think an SEC champion is guaranteed, and next in line for a guarantee is the Big XII champion. After that, if the top teams in the other conferences start dropping multiple games, you'll probably see a second SEC team in their place. But honestly, that's the only reason you should see more than one SEC team, IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 02:05:23 PM »

And Kristy is the Bimbo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2014, 02:37:13 PM »
And Kristy is the Bimbo

And Leon's getting larger
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2014, 02:39:09 PM »

I know, I know.  It just made me think of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2014, 04:06:52 PM »
I know, I know.  It just made me think of it.
You are an entirely different bimbo, altogether.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2014, 04:49:59 PM »
FSU
Oregon
Meeshigan St.
Auburn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »
What if Kevin Harvick and Matt Kenseth finish 1-2 at Homestead but Gordon also gets a top 5 with Kessolowski finishing outside the top 10? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2014, 05:02:16 PM »
What if Kevin Harvick and Matt Kenseth finish 1-2 at Homestead but Gordon also gets a top 5 with Kessolowski finishing outside the top 10?
Auburn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2014, 05:39:08 PM »
I'll bet committee really, really hopes for State to win out and everyone else to have two losses. But if Bama and State wins out, book it. There will be little questioning Bama being in the playoff. If we win out and don't make the SEC, all hell breaks loose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2014, 06:23:07 PM »
I'll bet committee really, really hopes for State to win out and everyone else to have two losses. But if Bama and State wins out, book it. There will be little questioning Bama being in the playoff. If we win out and don't make the SEC, all hell breaks loose.
We cannot win out and be denied...we will likely have to beat Georgia twice.

In the history of college football could there be a tougher, more physical schedule?
Staying healthy enough to finish first would be an amazing feat in itself.
That's why the odds aren't as good for Auburn as for others.

Then we have to beat two additional opponents to win it all.

It would be absolutely incredible if our team was able to pull this off.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2014, 09:23:27 PM »
We cannot win out and be denied...we will likely have to beat Georgia twice.

Good point that I knew but wasn't thinking about. An already incredibly difficult schedule borders on impossible. I still can't imagine us losing another one and getting in if there are 1 loss conference champs still sitting close to top 4.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2014, 06:58:34 PM »
All this is a moot point now that UGA got skullfucked by the Gusty Gaytah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2014, 06:32:21 AM »
All this is a moot point now that UGA got skullfucked by the Gusty Gaytah.
Damnedest thing, Florida still has a slim shot at Atlanta, with vandy and usce left on their schedule.  If uga loses to Auburn, Missouri would have to lose 2 of 3 versus aTm, UTk, and ark.  That won't help the west team's strength of schedule, since mizzou lost to Indiana at home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2014, 10:31:44 AM »

Your scenario is wrong on so many levels just a couple of days after you posted. Much less in freaking 1 month and after 4 more football games.

Everyone needs to relax and enjoy the ride...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions