Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big Game Saturday 10.25.14

jmar

Re: Big Game Saturday 10.25.14
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2014, 01:02:20 PM »
Happy we hung on to win. But we were one miscue away from a heartbreaking loss.

Don't know if Johnson was dead set on staying the course or just surrendered to the master but that was one helluva offensive game plan to unveil on short notice by Spurrier, maybe as good as it gets.

What I saw from our defense was as fine of an effort as one could ask. Only wish I had as much praise for our Defensive Coordinator. Jesse Palmer actually said he felt sorry for Johnson but in this case I think Johnson should feel sorry that he allowed our guys to continually look silly.

So we don't have edge rusher Carl Lawson. Yeah and neither does anyone else!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2014, 04:30:59 PM »
USC played a hell of an offensive game and Spirrier put on a play calling clinic. Would've made a lot of defenses look bad with that performance but we had no answers. Other than interceptions, little to brag about.

I don't expect that level of play calling and/or desperation from anyone left on the schedule.

But having Duke and Montrae on the field at the same time on the last play is indicative of our current level of defensive preparedness. Piss poor right there. Really lucky it didn't cost us.

I'm ready to get to a point when I don't bite my nails when we score early and leave the opposition too much time to score(I.e. 1 min).

If we don't find a pass rush, we will need to be luckier than last year to run the table.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:34:30 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2014, 05:01:16 PM »
Why does it seem like we have to sacrifice having a good defense in order to have a good offense?  What has happened to the defensive talent we've recruited? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2014, 09:06:12 AM »
Why does it seem like we have to sacrifice having a good defense in order to have a good offense?  What has happened to the defensive talent we've recruited?

they flipped and went to bama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2014, 12:47:15 PM »
A few quick observations.

One of the best games I've seen Nick Marshall play. 

Absolutely THE best game I've seen Captain Artimus Pyle play.  He went all djsimp and hit the hole hard and fast all night.

No excuses because our pass rush and DB play were AWOL.  But as many have said, give huge props to the OBC.  Pulled out all the stops and by God, wasn't going to take the foot off the gas for anything.  Only one punt and went for it on six fourth downs.  Didn't matter where they were on the field.  As bad as they've played defensively, don't forget this team put up 38 on UGA in a win, without the all-or-nothing attitude they played with Saturday.

No one can pull out the "Auburn's lucky" card after the hosing from the refs we've gotten lately.  Being at the stadium, you usually get one replay.  Someone who got more looks on the TV's please tell me if me and about 80,000 of my closest friends were wrong in thinking that was not pass interference on the pass thrown out of bounds in the end zone.  If it was, disregard the above.  But you normally don't hear the JHS crowd get that pissed.

Duke is still teh beast.

Fulse now gives other teams another thing to think about. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2014, 12:59:52 PM »

Absolutely THE best game I've seen Captain Artimus Pyle play.  He went all djsimp and hit the hole hard and fast all night.

No excuses because our pass rush and DB play were AWOL.  But as many have said, give huge props to the OBC.  Pulled out all the stops and by God, wasn't going to take the foot off the gas for anything.  Only one punt and went for it on six fourth downs.  Didn't matter where they were on the field.  As bad as they've played defensively, don't forget this team put up 38 on UGA in a win, without the all-or-nothing attitude they played with Saturday.

No one can pull out the "Auburn's lucky" card after the hosing from the refs we've gotten lately.  Being at the stadium, you usually get one replay.  Someone who got more looks on the TV's please tell me if me and about 80,000 of my closest friends were wrong in thinking that was not pass interference on the pass thrown out of bounds in the end zone.  If it was, disregard the above.  But you normally don't hear the JHS crowd get that pissed.

Duke is still teh beast.

First, this djsimp character you speak of needs to make sure he wraps up or he will end up 17 kids like me.

Secondly, you and your 80,000 friends are not wrong. There was no way that was pass interference. Even the Spurrier goober smoocher Jesse Palmer couldnt believe the call.

Marshall was off the chizain all night. He was not going to be stopped. Also, I saw Malzahn chew more gum than ever before. It was almost like he saw Spurriers challenge to a duel and said bring it old man. He was absolutely loving it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2014, 01:01:56 PM »
It 100% was not even close to a PI. Even Jesse Palmer agreed.

But Auburn is a buncha cheaters, tho.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2014-10-26/sec-says-auburn-should-have-drawn-flag-final-play-against-south
SEC says Auburn should have drawn flag on final play against South Carolina
The Associated Press
Last Updated - Oct 26, 2014 17:14 EDT
Contact |Archive |RSS
AUBURN, Ala. -- The Southeastern Conference says South Carolina should have gotten a second chance at a Hail Mary against Auburn.

SEC spokesman Chuck Dunlap confirmed Sunday that the Tigers should have drawn a 5-yard penalty for having two players with the same number on the field for the final play. That would have given the Gamecocks another chance at a touchdown in Saturday night's 42-35 loss.

Dunlap says the violation was discovered well after the game. Auburn had No. 1 Montravius Adams at defensive tackle and inserted receiver D'haquille Williams, who also wears No. 1, to help defend against a Hail Mary.

The ball thrown by Dylan Thompson appeared to hit Williams before Jonathan Jones intercepted it to end the game. Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier said he'd have gone for two points after a touchdown.

Spurrier said Sunday that the extra play probably wouldn't have made a difference and calls are missed all the time for both teams.

"I don't know if Dylan would've had a better throw or we'd have a better chance at a Hail Mary," he said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2014, 01:02:33 PM »

Duke is still teh beast.

I was buzzing from my keen Land Shark and Modello beverages. But it looked bad to me as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2014, 01:02:55 PM »
Secondly, you and your 80,000 friends are not wrong. There was no way that was pass interference. Even the Spurrier goober smoocher Jesse Palmer couldnt believe the call.
You must have borrowed my copypasta time machine...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2014, 01:03:58 PM »

from al. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »
First, this djsimp character you speak of needs to make sure he wraps up or he will end up 17 kids like me.

Marshall was off the chizain all night. He was not going to be stopped. Also, I saw Malzahn chew more gum than ever before. It was almost like he saw Spurriers challenge to a duel and said bring it old man. He was absolutely loving it.

Do you think this guy has to pinch himself sometimes to see if this whole thing is real?  High school coach not that long ago and now he's on the biggest stages, duking it out with the best coaches in college football. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2014, 01:10:05 PM »
Do you think this guy has to pinch himself sometimes to see if this whole thing is real?  High school coach not that long ago and now he's on the biggest stages, duking it out with the best coaches in college football.

Buncha gimmicky mickey mouse hs bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2014, 01:20:18 PM »
Buncha gimmicky mickey mouse hs bullshit.

Teams will catch up to it.  Just you wait and see.  Then, what's he gonna' do, huh?  Enjoy it while you can stupid barners.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2014, 01:20:47 PM »

I think this is absolutely the case.  He looks so happy after a big win, like a kid in a candy store with a pocket full of dollar bills.  You KNOW that this face off against the OBC was a rush.  I'll bet Mrs. Coach Gustav had fun Saturday night too!

This is also why I personally don't think he has NFL ambitions.  NFL HC is too far removed from the "football" part of things, and that's his passion.  I could be wrong, but I see Gus staying in the college ranks for a good while.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2014, 01:22:11 PM »

Wiregrass sent it to me UPS.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2014, 01:24:25 PM »

To agree with TW, yes I think he does. I have heard him admit his mad respect for OBC even to the reasons behind him wearing a visor. I'm betting he has a hidden agenda sheet somewhere that he just marked another from his list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2014, 01:53:35 PM »
To agree with TW, yes I think he does. I have heard him admit his mad respect for OBC even to the reasons behind him wearing a visor.
I have mad respect for Chizad and that is one of the reasons behind me wearing a rubber when we're together.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2014, 02:05:46 PM »
I have mad respect for Chizad and that is one of the reasons behind me wearing a rubber when we're together.

Ok, I'm a little confused. Is Chizad wearing a rubber or you? You clearly stated that Chizad is the reason and that he is behind you.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:11:59 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2014, 02:10:24 PM »
I'll take that as a compliment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2014, 02:11:48 PM »
Ok, I'm a little confused. Is Chizad is wearing a rubber or you? You clearly stated that Chizad is the reason and that he is behind you.
It gets complicated sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions