Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Can I get yo autograph?

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Can I get yo autograph?
« on: October 16, 2014, 02:50:52 PM »
It's a delicate balancing act. It wouldn't surprise me for teams to ask their players to stop signing things for fans. One would think that sitting down to sign 900 is a bit different.

Auburn's Gus Malzahn chimes in on autograph rules, compliance
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/10/auburns_gus_malzahn_chimes_in.html#incart_m-rpt-2

AUBURN, Alabama -- Gus Malzahn is confident Auburn has the proper educational procedures in place to keep players out of trouble and controversy when it comes to signing autographs.

Malzahn was asked Wednesday about the pay-for-autograph concerns at Georgia and Florida State. Georgia running back Todd Gurley has been indefinitely suspended following allegations he was paid for signing autographs and Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston is under investigation for a similar issue.

"We're constantly educating our players and our compliance office does a very good job of helping with that," Malzahn said.

One way to avoid the issue is to ask players to not sign autographs at all, but that doesn't appear to be an option for Malzahn. Autograph seekers usually appear outside stadiums before and after games, and outside team hotels.

Signing a fan's jersey before a game is quite a bit different from sitting down with an autograph broker and signing hundreds of photographs and jerseys, but staying out of a potential controversy by not signing any autograph could be an option. Malzahn, however, doesn't agree with that stance.

"We always educate our guys on the cans and can't dos, but we always want our guys to be fan friendly, and engage in that," Malzahn said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Can I get yo autograph?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 03:16:02 PM »
"We always educate our guys on the cans and can't dos, but we always want our guys to be fan friendly, and engage in that," Malzahn said. "Except when one guy and his brother-in-law tried to sneak into our locker room showers" added Malzahn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »
"We always educate our guys on the cans and can't dos, but we always want our guys to be fan friendly, and engage in that," Malzahn said. "Except when one guy and his brother-in-law tried to sneak into our locker room showers" added Malzahn.

nutz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 03:55:08 PM »
nutz.

Really more of a lack thereof.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 04:12:01 PM »
I miss Craig
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 10:13:26 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 10:30:12 AM »
I miss my donkey

Is this Kinky Kelly?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 10:38:17 AM »
Is this Kinky Kelly?
Wow, that guy is being awfully forward with that Donkey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 10:45:41 AM »
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:49:35 AM by TheSix »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 09:47:56 AM »
Wow, that guy is being awfully forward with that Donkey.

I hope that donkey doesn't have a hiney troll
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions