friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

Re: Big Game Saturday 10.4.14
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2014, 08:31:57 AM »
Herbie's top four:

Auburn
FSU
Miss. St.
Baylor

So now he gives us some love?
That's about right. The question at the end is where is your floor and your ceiling? Which is why I looked at Michigan State's loss on the road at Oregon as the jump off point. I didn't want to start seeing teams fall out of sight and others ascend too highly from one game because some of the schedules of the teams that rise in particular do not have a tough enough schedule for them to be tested again.

We get shitty bowl match ups from such and my example is last years Oklahoma which lost to Texas only to improve enough to destroy the Turds. And we know there are only 15 or so teams each season that can match skill sets while having the beef in the trenches to hang with one another.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2014, 11:38:10 AM »
BRING ON THE FUCKING COWBELLS!  They will need to have them surgically removed from an orifice when we are done with them!!!

This would be the bomb SHIZNIT! I hope Gameday is there is to watch this but I highly doubt those guys will be in Mississippi two Saturdays in a row. I hope Auburn brings their A game because this could very well be a slobber knocker.

Edit: Gameday will be in Starkvegas.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/90247/college-gameday-will-travel-to-starkville
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:17:48 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2014, 12:20:15 PM »
This would be the bomb SHIZNIT! I hope Gameday is there is to watch this but I highly doubt those guys will be in Mississippi two Saturdays in a row. I hope Auburn brings their A game because this could very well be a slobber knocker.
It should be a slightly lesser version of the Greatest Game Ever Played because everyone knows nothing else can compare when the Crapstoner's are involved. We are similar in many ways though, maybe moreso defensively than offensively in that we tend to lean on CAP where they might not so much with their backs. We are both salty veteran teams with big play on the mind which might point to less chances being taken and perhaps even less scoring than we might expect but I could just as well see a 34-31 kind of game playing out. It's October in Starkvegas where dreams aren't uh IDK...ever realized?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:45:30 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2014, 02:43:50 PM »
A couple thoughts ahead of the official "thoughts" thread:

1.  What do you suppose is the O/U on the number of 'bama fans who shoot or stab family members tonight after basically giving that game away?
2.  Michigan St. is dead to me.  I can't believe they let Neb back in that game and cost me a big chunk of my meager gambling funds.
3.  Corch Boom Motherfucker is a total ass.  Watching his comments after barely beating a shitty EOEk team, If I was the AD I'd fire him this week.  In interviews, he's $aban without the wins to back it up.
4.  Is Spurrier done?

1.  I'm going to set the line at 5
2.  Prayers lifted
3.  My thoughts exactly.  Sabanesque assholery with nothing to back it up.
4.  I'm thinking yes.  It looks like he's phoning it in at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2014, 09:16:12 PM »
Danny Kannel is the only one on the panel tonight to say were 1. He's an FSU guy too. One of the few on their with any critical thinking in how he is coming up with his teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2014, 09:18:28 PM »

Edit: Gameday will be in Starkvegas.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/90247/college-gameday-will-travel-to-starkville

Was wondering why you ever thought it wouldn't be there...its 2 vs 3/4. I don't think it would matter if this were the 5th week in a row in Miss. I just hope Katy Perry returns this Saturday, but with less clothes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »
Was wondering why you ever thought it wouldn't be there...its 2 vs 3/4. I don't think it would matter if this were the 5th week in a row in Miss. I just hope Katy Perry returns this Saturday, but with less clothes.

Just the odds of things I suppose but after looking at the rest of the CFB landscape, the only other notable game of highly ranked teams is I believe is Baylor vs TCU.  :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

oldautiger

• Resident Old Fart
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2014, 06:29:40 AM »
Herbie's top four:

Auburn
FSU
Miss. St.
Baylor

So now he gives us some love?

Oh shit, now we have Herbies kiss of death.
aTm...gawja..oreo-gon...bammer et al.
We will have to overcome Herpes kiss of death .

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:32:54 AM by oldautiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses of you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

"Auburn is no Harvard, M.I.T. or Alabama - Thank GOD for small favors" - Anonymous

I can't recommend sex, drugs and rock 'n roll to everybody, but they've worked for me. - Me