Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Almost Half way

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Almost Half way
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2014, 04:15:37 PM »
You are my long lost brother.  I dealt with all the same.

My lunchbox was planet of the apes. Or batman. Depending on the year.

I took your lunch money, bitch.

Back on NM and JJ. I admit, I was far less than confident in Marshall after last week.  His decision making, both running and throwing, looked worse to me than at any time last year.  I had no warm and fuzzies any time he dropped back to pass.  And yes, I thought he looked a shit ton better Saturday in both departments.  Obviously he did.  He's never going to be pinpoint accurate with his throws.  It is what it is.  Apparently, you can just put him in the category of ultimate playmaker.  He just gets it done.

One thing I saw Saturday on a couple of occasions was him running the same play they scored against Bama on in the 4th.  He faked the handoff and took off around the left side.  You could tell each time he was looking to see if the corner came off his man to help in run support like the Bama corner did.  LSU had that scouted as best they could as they stayed with the receiver.  It was an easy first down for NM but that's a threat teams have to be aware of.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2014, 04:17:46 PM »
The argument about QBs is different on this level. Sean White might be the most studious and most accurate passer we've never seen. And Jeremy Johnson looks like the best version of Jason Campbell, the complete package. But Nick Marshall right now gives this particular Auburn team its best shot to win it all.
It doesn't mean the others can't.

Hell we might could get it done with Jonathan Wallace if we had to in a pinch.

Nick is not an NFL prototype. He cannot make all of the required throws-we know this!
But if your team is more geared toward the run ie. West Virginia from several years ago, you stick with Pat White right? YES...even if you have Dan Fucking Marino holding a clipboard!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2014, 04:17:59 PM »
Bullshit. RIF dude.

The only thing I was doing was discussing what could use a little work and how I(and others) would like to see JJ a bit more. I never said start JJ or sit NM because he sucks.

You are the one who had nothing to add to the conversation so you started acting like the old WT. "Just one game at a time". "I defer to the great and powerful OZ." "Ain't nary one of you done brougth us a nashnill champeenship so don't quershin Gus." That was your bullshit.

The rest of us are discussing what we saw on the field and some of the things we would like to see.

The BARN called. They miss you!

Rest In Feces?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2014, 04:25:37 PM »
I think we should have an indian leg rasslin match and settle this thing once and for all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2014, 04:27:56 PM »
I took your lunch money, bitch.

Back on NM and JJ. I admit, I was far less than confident in Marshall after last week.  His decision making, both running and throwing, looked worse to me than at any time last year.  I had no warm and fuzzies any time he dropped back to pass.  And yes, I thought he looked a shit ton better Saturday in both departments.  Obviously he did.  He's never going to be pinpoint accurate with his throws.  It is what it is.  Apparently, you can just put him in the category of ultimate playmaker.  He just gets it done.

One thing I saw Saturday on a couple of occasions was him running the same play they scored against Bama on in the 4th.  He faked the handoff and took off around the left side.  You could tell each time he was looking to see if the corner came off his man to help in run support like the Bama corner did.  LSU had that scouted as best they could as they stayed with the receiver.  It was an easy first down for NM but that's a threat teams have to be aware of.

Have you seen him run that this year before the LSU game?

Exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2014, 04:30:24 PM »

Exactly.
What are you trying to say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2014, 04:32:42 PM »
What are you trying to say?

That Gus is a sand bagging mother fucker...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2014, 04:32:53 PM »

Exactly.
You make a valid point, senator. So, are you alluding to a scenario in which AU wasn't running the entire playbook in games, until we get into the meat of the schedule? Do you really think that we would limit ourselves in games unless/until we actually NEEDED to run the third option?

Surely, that's preposterous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »
You make a valid point, senator. So, are you alluding to a scenario in which AU wasn't running the entire playbook in games, until we get into the meat of the schedule? Do you really think that we would limit ourselves in games unless/until we actually NEEDED to run the third option?

That is what I was alluding to the first possession of the 2nd half. If you know all you are going to do is hand off, let JJ do it and see how the defense reacts. Especially up 31-7. Three and out with NM is still three and out with JJ.

Many people have alluded to the 3rd quarter blues we seem to have. Is it a coaching decision, or a player issue?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2014, 05:08:31 PM »

Preposterous my eye,
This ain't the way we did it in the old days. :rolleyes:
I mentioned earlier that our receivers don't lay out for passes. But then you hardly see backs still churning their legs with three guys riding him down either...unlike throwback Trey Mason. We see more fleeing to the sidelines- OMAC. We have specialty rushers that aren't true ends- Ford, and guys taking plays off especially when they are aware that the play really doesn't include them.

Okay, Nick hasn't got to go all out every play, especially when the execution is lacking or the play is being snuffed out successfully. He will often slide, head for the boundary, nix the next option or just get what is there as opposed to last season where he wasn't quite as savvy about those things pointing to the ankle injury that kept him out a couple of games. In his case and for preservation sake I think this has has been stressed by the coaches.
It's quite another thing to tell a guy to put more air under a ball or to feather a ball into the corner in a split second when he never had that teaching throughout high school. He only had to spin it on the go and run by everybody- which he did. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2014, 05:40:35 PM »
That is what I was alluding to the first possession of the 2nd half. If you know all you are going to do is hand off, let JJ do it and see how the defense reacts. Especially up 31-7. Three and out with NM is still three and out with JJ.

Many people have alluded to the 3rd quarter blues we seem to have. Is it a coaching decision, or a player issue?
IMO, we roll the dice anytime Nick leaves the game because the next play is always the one that lights the scoreboard. I don't mind Johnson coming in for a set script that everyone knows... but I also think using the same script is why we suck so badly in the third quarter. It doesn't go one play to the next but is adjusted to skip ahead or fall back from the script according to down and distance. I can't prove it though and seldom watch replays. All teams do it but in our case I think it makes us look predictable and occasionally, inept. And that's why I think now and then we see a play that makes us wonder what is he thinking? Wrong call, formation, script out of sync, execution or whatever...hard to say. We just say it's Gus and know (actually we don't know) that he has called failing plays to set up a kill shot. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2014, 06:06:31 PM »
IMO, we roll the dice anytime Nick leaves the game because the next play is always the one that lights the scoreboard. I don't mind Johnson coming in for a set script that everyone knows... but I also think using the same script is why we suck so badly in the third quarter. It doesn't go one play to the next but is adjusted to skip ahead or fall back from the script according to down and distance. I can't prove it though and seldom watch replays. All teams do it but in our case I think it makes us look predictable and occasionally, inept. And that's why I think now and then we see a play that makes us wonder what is he thinking? Wrong call, formation, script out of sync, execution or whatever...hard to say. We just say it's Gus and know (actually we don't know) that he has called failing plays to set up a kill shot.

Which brings up the "after a big first down" play...fake that sucker and go long every now and then.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2014, 08:44:47 AM »
That Gus is a sand bagging mother fucker...

Yep

Method to the madness. Let the man work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2014, 08:45:26 AM »
Which brings up the "after a big first down" play...fake that sucker and go long every now and then.

One back seat driving, hindsighting mf'er you are.   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2014, 09:59:14 AM »
One back seat driving, hindsighting mf'er you are.   :facepalm:

Hmm. Some "sitting around in bliss not noticing shit" SOB are you.

Every time we get a big play for a first down, what is the next play? Every time?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2014, 11:17:04 AM »
Little Timmy could strike out all year and get up to bat the last game. "Come on Timmy, pick you one out!" Ball One!.....Ball two....Ball Three....Whap! Timmy hit a homerun!

First time ever in practice or a game he's ever hit the ball and there will be some non athletic mofo in the stands talking about, "He shouldn't have swung at a 3-0 pitch."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2014, 11:20:52 AM »
Little Timmy could strike out all year and get up to bat the last game. "Come on Timmy, pick you one out!" Ball One!.....Ball two....Ball Three....Whap! Timmy hit a homerun!

First time ever in practice or a game he's ever hit the ball and there will be some non athletic mofo in the stands talking about, "He shouldn't have swung at a 3-0 pitch."

If you coached little Timmy right, he would be swinging at hittable balls and letting the non-hittable ones go by.

Shitty comparison!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »
If you coached little Timmy right, he would be swinging at hittable balls and letting the non-hittable ones go by.

Shitty comparison!

No, he was talking about his son, Timmy.  He really sucked this year and finally got lucky on one.

TIMMAY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »
No, he was talking about his son, Timmy.  He really sucked this year and finally got lucky on one.

TIMMAY
Timmy talks a lot of shit since then. He's has that hitters swag now. It did the boy good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2014, 12:09:22 PM »
Hmm. Some "sitting around in bliss not noticing shit" SOB are you.

Every time we get a big play for a first down, what is the next play? Every time?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
FIRE JAY JACOBS!

HE HIRED THAT LOSER GUS MALZAHN, WHEN CCTAU FROM TIGERSX DOT COM WAS AVAILABLE!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions