Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Injury Bug

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Injury Bug
« on: October 02, 2014, 09:46:33 AM »
We really need to call Orkin. It doesn't appear that we will have last year's injury luck. Sammy isn't mentioned but it's evident that he hasn't recovered 100% from his knee. It looks like we have more bangs on the defensive side. If Cass or Frost can't go, that will probably have as much impact as any other injury besides at QB. Still, the fact that they were at practice tells me that they are close to being well. I would rather they sit if possible but that's a tall order.

Auburn's injured players 'day-to-day', but some still held out of practice
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/10/auburns_injured_players_day-to.html
AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn's injury situation remains uncertain heading into the weekend, according to Tigers coach Gus Malzahn.

Tigers linebackers Cassanova McKinzy (concussion), Kris Frost (knee) and tackle Patrick Miller (ankle) all attended practice, but Malzahn said that some of the Tigers' players were held out.

"They were all out there," Malzahn said. "Some of them participated, some of them watched. Like I said, it's still day-to-day. We're hoping that we have all of them. "They're all out there and locked in. If their bodies let them, mentally, they're there."

Auburn may have other players injured, though. Defensive end LaDarius Owens did not play in the second half, and cornerbacks Jonathon Mincy and Jonathan Jones each had their own injury issues during Saturday's game against Louisiana Tech.

Jones was battling a hand injury suffered in practice last week, according to the SEC Network's telecast, and Mincy came up wincing due to a possible shoulder injury after a tackle.

Mincy and Jones both played against Louisiana Tech, leaving the players who were possibly held out to be a few of the others.

Most of Auburn's players are veterans, so they can seamlessly rejoin the lineup without taking practice repetitions if need be. All of the Tigers' injured players have been out at practice learning the game plan.

"Every situation is a little bit different, but they are all veteran guys," Malzahn said. "They have a lot of reps and all that. They're kind of mature guys that can handle playing after not getting a lot of reps."

If Frost and McKinzy can't go, the Tigers will go with Anthony Swain and Tre' Williams.

Playing without a pair of linebackers on the rise -- McKinzy leads the team with 29 tackles, and Frost has been arguably the team's most effective blitzer -- could be tough for a defense used to being under the two juniors' direction.

"Well, it's not the best case scenario, obviously, but it is what it is," Malzahn said. "As a coach, you put your guys in there and get them prepared. The good thing is we have more quality depth than we had last year."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Injury Bug
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 09:50:00 AM »
Stop hanging around Snaggle. Next thing we will see from you is the . I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 09:54:26 AM »
Stop hanging around Snaggle. Next thing we will see from you is the .I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!.
I quit seeing him a long time back and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't bring it up. It's been tough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 10:02:39 AM »
I quit seeing him a long time back and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't bring it up. It's been tough.

You'd better start taking my calls.  You left your scarf and purple afghan here and I'm about to throw them out.  Oh, and I'm keeping Snookums.  I don't care if you picked her out. I've been feeding her and cleaning up her little messes since you left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 01:00:52 PM »
From the tidbits here and there I have read, the only main concern right now is Pat Miller and Cass not playing Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 01:22:17 PM »
This is BS.  Brady Hoke would play them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 07:38:13 PM »
Not concerned.  Errbody plays.  Gus is fuckin with the Hat.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 09:08:22 AM »

This would assume that the Hat is actually thinking that far ahead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 09:14:56 AM »
I'm thinking everybody but Miller and Cass will play. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 09:22:57 AM »

Its like your the only one listening.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 09:31:56 AM »
And my biggest concern is Cass. We needs him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 09:38:01 AM »

Not necessary really.

Dude chases his own tail bad enough as it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 09:56:02 AM »
And my biggest concern is Cass. We needs him.

Egg sackery
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 01:04:47 PM »
This would assume that the Hat is actually thinking that far ahead.

Fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 02:44:42 PM »
Fixt
He will do just well enough to stick around having that whole state to find everything but a QB, which has been the hard luck story there forever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »
Its like your the only one listening.

You, sir are EF Hutton
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »
He will do just well enough to stick around having that whole state to find everything but a QB, which has been the hard luck story there forever.

Not true...Bert Jones was hella good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 03:10:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 08:41:00 PM »
Not true...Bert Jones was hella good.
Jones was my favorite QB to go there. But the head coach saw fit to platoon him, they didn't get along and he only started 17 games. After that we are probably talking Woodley and Hodson. I'm just saying for having such a talent rich area basically to itself it should have a rich history at that position which it doesn't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions