Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Charles Henderson Player

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Charles Henderson Player
« on: September 29, 2014, 11:17:22 AM »
This is a tough one. Very sad story. Kid made a tackle, is celebrating and falls on the field. He was air lifted to hospital but never regained consciousness. Demario Harris had offers from schools and was being shown interest from AU according to reports.

AU commit Richard Mcbryde LB is on this same team.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/430617388734242243/charles-henderson-football-player-demario-harris-remembered-for-unbelievable-smile/

Charles Henderson football player Demario Harris remembered for 'unbelievable smil

By Josh Bean | jbean@al.com
 on September 28, 2014 3:38 p.m.

As the head football coach at Charles Henderson High in Troy in 2012 and 2013, Mike Dean saw defensive back Demario Harris every day before moving to Mary G. Montgomery near Mobile this season.

The news of Harris’ death profoundly affected the veteran coach, who choked back emotions while talking about the 17-year-old who passed away after suffering a ruptured brain aneurysm on the field after making a tackle Friday night.

“He had an unbelievable smile, made perfect grades, never missed a practice, worked his tail off,” Dean said today. “I guess God just needed him more than we did. Just such a sad time.”

Officials with the Alabama High School Athletic Association have been monitoring Harris' condition and released a statement after his death.

“We offer our most sincere condolences to the family of Demario and to his extended family, the Charles Henderson High School football team, coaching staff, administration, faculty and student body,” AHSAA Executive Director Steve Savarese said in the prepared statement. “Our thoughts and prayers are with the family, the school, the team and the entire Troy community.”

As news of Harris’ passing broke today, the state’s high school football community reacted with sadness and empathy on social media.

"A great student!!!" Ebony McKethern wrote on the AL.com Facebook page. "I'm so glad I had the pleasure of teaching him. His father raised a wonderful son!"

Others expressed their feelings on Twitter, including teammate Richard McBryde.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com