Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Thursday

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Thoughts - Week Thursday
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2014, 03:25:26 PM »
To make you ask questions the following day.

Gus was multi-tasking
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2014, 03:26:53 PM »
To make you ask questions the following day.

I knew Gus was thinking about me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2014, 04:00:54 PM »
And another thing, if Snyder is so fucking stupid as to let AARP publish his signals then they should be stolen. 

As long as Gus an company didn't tap into their headsets or go all Watergate on them, too bad for the people dumb enough to not have their signals disguised better.
This is what has always pissed me off about coaches/fans bitching about signals being stolen.  It's not against the rules.  As you said, as long as they aren't tapping into headsets or filming, if coaches can figure out another team's signals during the game, then more power to them.  Have multiple people signaling plays in but only one of them calling the "live" play.  Hold up towels.  Have more complicated signals.  Something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »
This is what has always pissed me off about coaches/fans bitching about signals being stolen.  It's not against the rules.  As you said, as long as they aren't tapping into headsets or filming, if coaches can figure out another team's signals during the game, then more power to them.  Have multiple people signaling plays in but only one of them calling the "live" play.  Hold up towels.  Have more complicated signals.  Something.

Yeah, like Gus.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2014, 04:25:11 PM »
Why I'm worried:
Assuming Duke's dropped pass would have been a TD, but also removing KSU's equally or greater busted plays, you'd still have a 30-24 KSU victory last night. Take the 20-14 final score and give us 7 for that dropped pass. But then take away 3 for the gift we were given that got us on the board for the first time when KSU fumbled on like their 20. Then give KSU the 9 points in "how-the-hell-did-they-miss-those" chip-shot field goals. And then 7 more for the INT in the end zone.

Just saying, the ESPN narrative argument that KSU did a lot to giftwrap that game for us is a strong one, and it's hard for me to take much issue with.

For the first time under Gus, our offense was anemic and I had no confidence we wouldn't go 3 and out more often than not. As already mentioned it was primarily on the O-Line and WRs, who before last night I would have said are some of our biggest strong suits. Maybe Sammie & Duke aren't going to live up to the hype after all.

Why I'm not:
The zero fucking penalties was a huge shoveled pile of horse shit. As I mentioned in another thread, KSU came into the game with more average penalties per game, and yet we had about our average and they had ZERO. Despite the fact that anyone with eyes could clearly see holding & block in the back all goddamn night. BigXII crew should be ashamed, and I wish more than just Auburn fans would speak up about it. To still pull out a win despite that huge disadvantage is good to have in the coffer I guess.

I'm sure everyone saw that Geico trivia stat of the game EDIT: And have already discussed it in this thread in the time it took me to type this post that this was our first non-conference road win in 30 YEARS. I couldn't believe that shit. The last one was a 42-41 narrow win over FSU in 1984. I don't know how often we played ranked non-conference teams in that time, but I know we lost one that same year (#14 Miami to start the season). Just looked into it. We lost to #14 FSU again in '89 and to #20 USC in '02. Strangely, that's all we've played. But that said, as good as we were last year, our first road game was against a ranked team (LSU) and we lost. Coming out the other end of this with a W, in the end, is all that matters and an improvement even over last year.

Hopefully we learned from it and will improve. If they thought this environment was tough, Georgia & Bama ain't gonna be a cake walk.
Lulz what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2014, 04:54:58 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2014, 04:56:44 PM »
Do you need a diagram?

I heard that he is a bit of a pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2014, 06:24:50 PM »
I'm sure everyone saw that Geico trivia stat of the game EDIT: And have already discussed it in this thread in the time it took me to type this post that this was our first non-conference road win in 30 YEARS. I couldn't believe that shit. The last one was a 42-41 narrow win over FSU in 1984. I don't know how often we played ranked non-conference teams in that time, but I know we lost one that same year (#14 Miami to start the season). Just looked into it. We lost to #14 FSU again in '89 and to #20 USC in '02. Strangely, that's all we've played.
Follow-up to these stats is that the last non-conference road game we've won PERIOD (ranked or not) was a Terry Bowden victory over Virginia in 1997.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2014, 07:51:46 PM »
Follow-up to these stats is that the last non-conference road game we've won PERIOD (ranked or not) was a Terry Bowden victory over Virginia in 1997.
We need to get out more, experience life and see how others live.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2014, 09:11:24 PM »
A hard fought win, like last night, on the road in that type of environment will do more good for the team than a blowout win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2014, 11:02:59 AM »
To make you opposing coaches ask questions the following day.

Fixillated.

There is a method to the man's madness.  In Gus I trust.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2014, 11:09:29 AM »
Joe Namath is a drunken greasy guido asshole. 

That is all. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »
Joe Namath is a drunken greasy guido asshole. 

That is all.
Tell us about the time Barh supspended him Pawl. I jus love it when you tell the story.
 I hang upin lissen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions