Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

45 Years since this big of a game

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
45 Years since this big of a game
« on: September 17, 2014, 08:08:50 AM »
at Kansas State....for them.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article2116511.html#storylink=cpy

The hype continues to grow for Auburn-Kansas State football showdown
9/15/14
MANHATTAN

Morgan Burns has been at Kansas State long enough to know when a big game is next on the schedule.

He can tell by the number of students who wish him luck between classes and the amount of fans that approach him in town. It happens a lot more when K-State is playing a conference rival than a directional school.

But it happens most when No. 20 K-State is about to face No. 5 Auburn. Based on fan response, Burns is expecting a special crowd.

“Every gameday we get out there and start warming up. You can smell the popcorn and hear the band playing, all the fans yelling chants. I just picture that times 10,” Burns said. “As far as the crowd, they are going to be excited. Everyone on campus is talking Auburn. This game is going to be crazy.”

Auburn’s visit to Manhattan on Thursday is the most-anticipated Wildcats sporting event of the year. The Tigers are the first nonconference opponent with a top five ranking to play at K-State since Penn State did so in 1969. And unlike that game, which K-State lost 17-14, this game will be televised nationally on ESPN.

Tickets have been sold out for months, and they are selling for as much as $600 on the secondary market. K-State’s last two mid-week home football games -- Nebraska in 2010 and North Dakota State last year -- were played in front of electric crowds, despite losses. Decibel levels are expected to exceed both for Auburn.

“This will likely be our greatest attended game ever,” K-State athletic director John Currie told The Eagle last week. “We actually have not sold standing room-only tickets, because we know our student section will be as full as it has ever been that night.”

The capacity crowd is expected to be so large that K-State issued a news release on Monday, asking fans to arrive as early as possible for the 6:30 p.m. kickoff. Parking lots will open at 1:30.

“We want to encourage our fans to arrive early, remain patient and give themselves plenty of time to get to the stadium on Thursday,” Currie said in a statement.

The pregame buzz is unmistakable.

“We have been hearing about the buzz for this game since before the season,” defensive tackle Valentino Coleman said. “This game is real big, not just for our football team but our whole community. Our whole community is looking forward to this game and to us putting on a show.”

Added linebacker Jonathan Truman: “Everyone has had this game highlighted on their calendars. We always talk about taking it one game at a time and we have, but now we are excited this game is finally here. I think everyone else is, too. To have the game on a Thursday night, televised, everybody is watching. I think both us and Auburn are excited to play. It is going to be rocking. Our stadium with all our fans in it is going to be a special place.”

Question is: How are K-State players handling the buildup to such a big game?

So far, K-State coach Bill Snyder has a positive answer.

“I’m pleased up to this point,” Snyder said Monday during the Big 12 coaches teleconference. “Their focus has been on the moment, whatever that happens to be. Yesterday they were on yesterday and today it’s on today and trying to get themselves better. ... I’d like to think that they’re enthused about the opportunity and challenge that’s in front of them, but again, if you get caught up too much in Thursday night you’re probably not taking care of Monday. That’s where the focus lies, is trying to stay in the moment.”

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

Re: 45 Years since this big of a game
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 08:32:16 AM »
It should be crazy alright.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:50:46 AM »
This is their Super Bowl
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »
Only question that now remains, is if after their big win, should they rush the field?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 08:59:22 AM »
Only question that now remains, is if after their big win, should they rush the field?

I think they should tear teh goalposts down
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 09:10:24 AM »
50,000 seats, Loud.... <snicker>
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 09:22:27 AM »
50,000 seats, Loud.... <snicker>

Hey watch it now!  It's a family stadium.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 09:31:15 AM »
I hate to say guys but apparently we will be extremely disappointed come Friday. No sense in even playing the game because KSU has this in the bag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 09:32:05 AM »
Hey watch it now!  It's a family stadium.

I find it hard to believe that Auburn has ever experienced how loud it will be at Bill's stadium.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 09:38:49 AM »
I find it hard to believe that Auburn has ever experienced how loud it will be at Bill's stadium.

Dude looks like the Crypt keeper. What is he like, 104?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 09:42:38 AM »
Dude looks like the Crypt keeper. What is he like, 104?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 09:43:32 AM »
I see a GF special coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »
Burn it down!

...only to rebuild it better of course.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 10:48:02 AM »
I see a GF special coming.

bumpity bump.

I see there is a new thread over at meowmeow where this would fit nice if anyone is interested in dropping an X bomb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 11:26:58 AM »
bumpity bump.

I see there is a new thread over at meowmeow where this would fit nice if anyone is interested in dropping an X bomb.
have at it

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 11:28:56 AM »
have at it

I've worked with better....but not many.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 11:34:05 AM »
have at it

And please to be posting the link here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 11:40:45 AM »
I really don't think it's cool, you guys defacing Billy Graham like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 11:45:33 AM »
I've worked with better....but not many.

Come on give it to me, do the girls like you? come on destroy me... destroy me. Yeah yeah!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:47:41 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum