AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Bruce Building The Expendables
« on: August 28, 2014, 05:33:30 PM »
http://auburn.scout.com/story/1439241-reed-pledges-to-auburn?s=6
REED PLEDGES TO AUBURN
Evan Daniels

Trayvon Reed, who originally signed with Maryland, committed to Auburn during a visit to their campus on Thursday.

Trayvon Reed is headed to Auburn.

Reed, who committed and later signed with Maryland, parted ways with the Terrapins in the early summer and on Thursday he informed Scout.com that he is headed to Auburn.

Why the Tigers? It was simple for Reed. He wants to play for Bruce Pearl.

“I like the situation that he has coming to Auburn,” Reed told Scout.com. “I feel like he’s a good coach and I feel like he can make me better as a person on and off the court. He can make me a better basketball player and a person.”

“His history,” Reed added. “I always liked him as a coach at Tennessee. With me talking to him today that really moved my decision to coming to Auburn. I liked that way he talked to me and I think he’s a genuine person.”

Reed visited Auburn Thursday afternoon. Auburn is close to Mobile (Ala.), where Reed considers home, and that factored into his decision as well.

“ I just wanted to be in my hometown,” Reed said. “”I feel like Auburn was my best decision.”

Reed, a 7-footer, will attend Elev-8 Prep in Florida for the first semester and will be back at Auburn in December in hopes of playing for the Tigers during the second semester.

Reed was regarded as a four-star prospect and the No. 95 ranked player in the 2014 class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
Re: Bruce Building The Expendables
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:35:32 PM »
Or as AL.com reported it...
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/former_maryland_signee_trayvon.html
Former Maryland signee Trayvon Reed commits to Auburn
John Talty

August 28, 2014 at 4:23 PM

The former Maryland signee committed to Auburn Thursday after meeting with Bruce Pearl and the rest of his staff.

"It was good meeting with him," Reed says. "I didn't know he was that cool of a person before sitting down talking to him. He's a genuine person."

He signed with Maryland out of high school, but was unable to enroll at Maryland after he was arrested and charged with second-degree assault, second-degree assault of a police officer and theft under $100 on July 30. He has a court hearing scheduled for Sept. 15 in Hyattsville, Md.

Reed was rated a four-star prospect and No. 77. overall, according to 247Composite. He is known as a shot-blocker and should immediately provide a stout defensive presence once he arrives on campus. Reed says his offensive game is still developing, but that the Auburn coaches were most excited about what he brings defensively.

Reed, who is originally from Mobile, will prep for a semester at Elev8 Academy in Delray Beach (Fla.). If everything goes well, he should be able to leave in December and enroll at Auburn.

"With me being all the way in Maryland, my parents wouldn't have been able to see me play," he says. "My mom isn't comfortable with flying yet. It's a blessing that I am closer to home."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 05:39:39 PM »
ESPN had him as the 68th best player in the 2014 class.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/117584/trayvon-reed

I'm confused on when these guys can start playing. Particularly this kid and the JUCO kid Dunans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 05:56:29 PM »
after he was arrested and charged with second-degree assault, second-degree assault of a police officer and theft under $100 on July 30. He has a court hearing scheduled for Sept. 15 in Hyattsville, Md.

If the cop would man up and put him in a choke hold, that shit wouldn't happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 05:59:35 PM »
ESPN had him as the 68th best player in the 2014 class.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/117584/trayvon-reed

I'm confused on when these guys can start playing. Particularly this kid and the JUCO kid Dunans.
Question answered:

Reed can play THIS season after Jan. 1st. Dunas will be eligible immediately.

BTW, I think Bruce has earned a smiley modeled after the gif above.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 07:08:40 PM »
So, if that Corner thing doesn't work out, hopefully he can finally shine on the court.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 07:19:15 PM »
after he was arrested and charged with second-degree assault, second-degree assault of a police officer and theft under $100 on July 30. He has a court hearing scheduled for Sept. 15 in Hyattsville, Md.

If the cop would man up and put him in a choke hold, that shit wouldn't happen.
Thank goodness the Po-po didn't empty his clip on him, a candy bar is a deadly weapon. Also, the Police Officer probably couldn't reach his neck to put on the illegal maneuver.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 11:42:38 PM »
So, if that Corner thing doesn't work out, hopefully he can finally shine on the court.

The Hussell - I noticed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE