Emmys

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Emmys
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:42:08 PM »
Watching it on a delayed basis. 

Notes as I go along. 

Julia Louis-Dreyfus is one of those people who gets better looking with age.  She may be the best looking 54 year old I've seen in my life.  She's put together well.  Hotter now than when she was Elaine. 

BTW, this may be one of the most disturbing yet hot images in history. 

Amy Poehler looks delicious, too. 

Weird Al isn't that weird of funny any more.  Reminds me I'm close to done with GOT, too.  Martin's last few books were pretty much garbage.

Sarah Silverman has nice boobs.  I'd do her.  Seems pretty dumb, though. 

I'm bored with this.  Turning it off. 

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:44:17 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Emmys
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 09:01:36 AM »
In total agreement on Julia Louis.

Good lawwd she got better looking aging 20 years. Can I be a clown too? I'd be one to be where that one is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 09:57:48 AM »
That goddamn Big Bang theory show winning as much as it does is repugnant.

Jim Parsons winning for best comedic performance over most of the other nominees ONCE is reprehensible. Five FUCKING years in a row? Are you kidding me?

Modern Family cleaning up the way it does is boring as well, but it doesn't make me rage like Big Bang Theory does. It's actually funny, intelligent and well-written. Big Bang is one giant piece of shit of a television show and is comedy poison. Jim Parsons is as funny as child rape.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 10:06:33 AM »
That goddamn Big Bang theory show winning as much as it does is repugnant.

Jim Parsons winning for best comedic performance over most of the other nominees ONCE is reprehensible. Five FUCKING years in a row? Are you kidding me?

Modern Family cleaning up the way it does is boring as well, but it doesn't make me rage like Big Bang Theory does. It's actually funny, intelligent and well-written. Big Bang is one giant piece of shit of a television show and is comedy poison. Jim Parsons is as funny as child rape.

I am sure you have probably said this somewhere and I have missed it but what makes you rage about BBT?  I grant you that is is not going to cure cancer but it seems like most 30 minute sitcoms.  Has some decent one liners and a lot of puff in between.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »
  Has some decent one liners and a lot of puff in between.

And Bernadette.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 10:15:43 AM »
I am sure you have probably said this somewhere and I have missed it but what makes you rage about BBT?  I grant you that is is not going to cure cancer but it seems like most 30 minute sitcoms.  Has some decent one liners and a lot of puff in between.

I believe the bolded is the answer why. A ho hum cookie cutter shouldnt win awards at this rate. Agree with Chadskins here. Is it the worst show ever? No.

But to win Emmys and this many times in a row is just asinine. American brand of sitcom "funny" has gone into the toliet. The mainstream stuff anyway.

Always Sunny, Arrested Development and the like are still good stuff. I even liked Todd Margaret for its short stint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 10:30:04 AM »
But to win Emmys and this many times in a row is just asinine. American brand of sitcom "funny" has gone into the toliet. The mainstream stuff anyway.

Well if all of the shows are shit and it is the best smelling turd then it should win. 

Arrested and Sunny are hands down better shows in writing and acting however they require more people to think and shows that win awards are usually written to the low denominator.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 10:33:11 AM »
Penney...knock knock knock...Penney...knock knock knock....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 10:35:06 AM »
Well if all of the shows are shit and it is the best smelling turd then it should win. 

Arrested and Sunny are hands down better shows in writing and acting however they require more people to think and shows that win awards are usually written to the low denominator.

And they are shitloads funnier. They both have me letting out hefty guffaws.

Big Bang - the few times ive turned it on there - annoys me more than anything with the stupid slap stick one liners (with piped in fake audience laughter). You're right though - low denominator is the key phrase. I would just think the people who run these awards show would decipher the difference and award the best show, not the most popular.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »
I'm shocked, and somewhat pleased, that Sherlock won 7 awards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 10:40:30 AM »
If it has gay actors or depicts gay, it wins...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 10:49:13 AM »
I believe the bolded is the answer why. A ho hum cookie cutter shouldnt win awards at this rate. Agree with Chadskins here. Is it the worst show ever? No.
Was about to do exactly this.

The one-camera sitcom is a dead "art." It basically doesn't exist anymore, because America has recognized it's cookie-cutter garbage. This ain't the 70s. Even Modern Family, as mainstream as it is, isn't in that brainless format. Doesn't rely on canned studio audience laugh-tracks to give an illusion that their hack jokes land.

Jim fucking Parsons is the best comedic performer on television for the last five years over Louis CK, Ricky Gervais, Steve Carrell, Larry David, etc.? Only the lobotomized could possibly agree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 10:58:44 AM »
As much as I loved Breaking Bad, I didn't think it deserved all the awards it got last night. 

Cranston maybe, but I would have preferred McBongahey get it for True Detective. He was the only reason I kept watching that show, his performance was tremendous.

Aaron Paul was good as Jesse, but Peter Dinklage was outstanding in Game of Thrones last season and should have won.  To be honest, he was actually probably better the year before but still good last year. 

Anna Gunn?  No.  Although as soon as I saw her drop to her knees in the street in the episode where Walt left with the baby I  knew she'd won.  She probably had the weakest competition, though.  Cersi Lannister could easily have won. 

I was really surprised that neither of the Netflix series that were highly promoted (House of Cards and Orange Black) won absolutely nothing.  House is better than a lot of what's on these days.  Orange, not so much but still it got a lot of pumping up. 

Robin Wright from HoC should have won over Julianna Margueez. 

Parsons over Macy or Louis was an absolute joke. 

Melissa McCarthy's fat buffalo ass being nominated for anything was also a joke.  Nominated for guest host of SNL was the worst.  She was absolutely terrible there. 

Would like to have seen Silicon Valley win over Modern Family.  It was a much better show.

Also thought Frances Conroy should have won over Kathy Bates for American Horror Story. 

My kids were happy Bob's Burgers won.  I don't get that show at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 11:04:39 AM »
As much as I loved Breaking Bad, I didn't think it deserved all the awards it got last night. 

Cranston maybe, but I would have preferred McBongahey get it for True Detective. He was the only reason I kept watching that show, his performance was tremendous.

Aaron Paul was good as Jesse, but Peter Dinklage was outstanding in Game of Thrones last season and should have won.  To be honest, he was actually probably better the year before but still good last year. 

Anna Gunn?  No.  Although as soon as I saw her drop to her knees in the street in the episode where Walt left with the baby I  knew she'd won.  She probably had the weakest competition, though.  Cersi Lannister could easily have won. 

I was really surprised that neither of the Netflix series that were highly promoted (House of Cards and Orange Black) won absolutely nothing.  House is better than a lot of what's on these days.  Orange, not so much but still it got a lot of pumping up. 

Robin Wright from HoC should have won over Julianna Margueez. 

Parsons over Macy or Louis was an absolute joke. 

Melissa McCarthy's fat buffalo ass being nominated for anything was also a joke.  Nominated for guest host of SNL was the worst.  She was absolutely terrible there. 

Would like to have seen Silicon Valley win over Modern Family.  It was a much better show.

Also thought Frances Conroy should have won over Kathy Bates for American Horror Story. 

My kids were happy Bob's Burgers won.  I don't get that show at all.

Someone derserving to win over Bates isn't something you hear everyday. Ive always thought Bates and John Goodman were both somewhat underrated actors from around the same age group.

McCarthy - another of the low denominator actors. She is appalling in the worst way possible.

You could pick out Bateman, David Cross, Glenn Howerton, DeVito to go along with the list Chad provided as "shitloads funnier" than anything on BBT wishes it were.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:06:22 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »
Did Longmire get anything?  Cause if it didn't then they are all wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »
Penney...knock knock knock...Penney...knock knock knock....

then cumshot.  best 6 seconds of her life. (Well mine anyways)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 06:47:36 PM »
Big Bang Theory is the best sitcom on Tv.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 10:36:56 PM »
Did Longmire get anything?  Cause if it didn't then they are all wrong.

THIS. ^^^

Bailey Chase should have won for doing a damn fine job portraying the absolute psychotic break his character went thru this season.  Also for Hottest Ass in a Pair of Wranglers.

Robert Taylor is as strong a male lead as you will find on TV today. He is exactly like I picture Walt in my head.

Writing, cinematography, everything about the show is amazing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 01:16:52 AM »
THIS. ^^^

Bailey Chase should have won for doing a damn fine job portraying the absolute psychotic break his character went thru this season.  Also for Hottest Ass in a Pair of Wranglers.

Robert Taylor is as strong a male lead as you will find on TV today. He is exactly like I picture Walt in my head.

Writing, cinematography, everything about the show is amazing.

It was definitely raw this season. There was some mighty fine acting going on!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.