Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

How Did Chiz Miss This?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
How Did Chiz Miss This?
« on: August 21, 2014, 09:35:24 AM »
from teh NYT

Don Pardo, who literally introduced television viewers to some of America’s biggest stars and soon-to-be-stars as the longtime announcer for “Saturday Night Live,” died on Monday in Tucson. He was 96.

His daughter Dona Pardo confirmed the death.

Mr. Pardo, whose career began in the radio age, continued on “SNL” through the end of its most recent season, in May.

While not many people knew his face, practically every American knew his voice for more than half a century. Mr. Pardo was with “SNL” for 38 seasons, beginning with its first episode, in October 1975, missing only Season 7, and for many years he had been the announcer on the widely watched game shows “The Price Is Right” and “Jeopardy!”

For many viewers of “Saturday Night Live,” the names of scores of stars — from Chevy Chase to Eddie Murphy to Tina Fey — were first heard in Mr. Pardo’s sonorous baritone, which announced the cast each week at the end of the opening skit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: How Did Chiz Miss This?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 09:36:14 AM »
We didn't it was discussed, please try to keep up.

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=24294.msg366018#msg366018
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 09:41:56 AM »
Maybe because it was open content and he couldn't steal it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 09:47:15 AM »
We didn't it was discussed, please try to keep up.

http://www.tigersx.com/forum/index.php?topic=24294.msg366018#msg366018

I don't read anybody else's shit.  Wait...I mean....must have missed that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:58:37 AM »
Was on vacation, but saw the news blip. Also saw where it was discussed in passing here.

Sad stuff. He was associated with SNL longer than Lorne Michaels. Michaels took off 5 years in the early 80s. Pardo only took off one. I wonder what they're going to do without him. I imagine they'll have to do a sound-alike.

He has been "retired" for the last several years though, and just records the intro once per cast change from his home in Arizona.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 10:00:59 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions