« on: September 02, 2014, 03:01:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Week 2 Rankings
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:04:21 PM »
LSU a number 1 vote...really....really....wow

That poll ain't worth a shite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 03:21:25 PM »
That's still the preseason polls.

Coaches poll was released and Auburn was still #5.

AP was released and Auburn moved up one spot to #5.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:23:12 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 03:37:36 PM »
That's still the preseason polls.

Coaches poll was released and Auburn was still #5.

AP was released and Auburn moved up one spot to #5.
The AP was the correct pool in that thread. Someone voted LSU a 1 (The coaches was still pre-season.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 03:37:50 PM »
This season wreaks of 2004 vibe. We have what appears to be the toughest schedule of the top 5 preseason yet the top 4 could waltz into the playoff. At least we play one of them. But the one we play could conceivably have 3 losses by that time.

My guess is that a loss means we don't make it, even with the shittastic schedules of Okie, FSU and OSU. If we have one loss with the kind of schedule that we have, I believe that trumps 0 losses of those schools.

We kick the shit out of any of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 03:41:39 PM »
Fuck it....I ain't conceding a loss to anyone at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 03:44:44 PM »
fudge it....I ain't conceding a loss to anyone at this point.
We play like the 2nd half and continue to improve, you very well may be right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bgreene

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 03:49:56 PM »
I don't think the first rankings should come out until the first week of October.  By then most teams should have played at least one or two good teams.  That is when you figure out who should be where, and not by reading some stats from what they did the year before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 03:52:36 PM »
This season wreaks of 2004 vibe. We have what appears to be the toughest schedule of the top 5 preseason yet the top 4 could waltz into the playoff. At least we play one of them. But the one we play could conceivably have 3 losses by that time.

My guess is that a loss means we don't make it, even with the shittastic schedules of Okie, FSU and OSU. If we have one loss with the kind of schedule that we have, I believe that trumps 0 losses of those schools.

We kick the shit out of any of them.

It'll never happen.  The first college football playoff will feature an SEC team even if it has two losses.  Hell, I bet three losses will still include a big argument for an invite. 

ESPN is going to control most of the public perception.  Their new baby is the SEC Network.  They have so much invested in our conference that having an SEC champion left out of the playoff hurts more than helps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 03:53:19 PM »
A 2004 will not happen in the SEC for a very long time, quite possibly never again.  After the last 8 seasons of dominance the SEC has, plus the number of ranked opponents in the league. 

Whoever is the SEC champion come December will be in the 4 team playoff, 1-2 loss or not.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:54:59 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 03:54:14 PM »
oh and what THS said above me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bgreene

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 03:57:38 PM »
While I agree with you, aside from the SEC Network, ESPN analyst have been saying that the SEC is not the best confrence this year because of the lack of experience at the QB positions.  That tells me that most of those a** clowns are going to do what they can to keep the SEC out this year, just to be able to look back and say they were right on the money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 04:35:21 PM »
While I agree with you, aside from the SEC Network, ESPN analyst have been saying that the SEC is not the best confrence this year because of the lack of experience at the QB positions.  That tells me that most of those a** clowns are going to do what they can to keep the SEC out this year, just to be able to look back and say they were right on the money.
I don't think a 2-3 loss SEC team makes it in unless the teams ranked above also have losses.  I do believe that a 1 loss SEC team would jump an undefeated team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bgreene

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 04:38:32 PM »
I don't think a 2-3 loss SEC team makes it in unless the teams ranked above also have losses.  I do believe that a 1 loss SEC team would jump an undefeated team.

Which is the way it should be.  However, I worry that they will try to prove a point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 04:57:25 PM »
Which is the way it should be.  However, I worry that they will try to prove a point.

And therein lies the problem.  No matter who makes it in, they open themselves up to claims of bias by those on the bubble.  Why do that?  I would have been perfectly fine keeping the BCS ranking system in place to choose the 4 teams.  Or create a new model that takes several factors into account to rank the teams like win/loss, strength of schedule and yes, some of the polls.  That way, the polls do actually have at least some human influence on the rankings.  But to form a committee to choose so few teams from such a huge pool is reedonkulus IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 05:02:39 PM »
And therein lies the problem.  No matter who makes it in, they open themselves up to claims of bias by those on the bubble.  Why do that?  I would have been perfectly fine keeping the BCS ranking system in place to choose the 4 teams.  Or create a new model that takes several factors into account to rank the teams like win/loss, strength of schedule and yes, some of the polls.  That way, the polls do actually have at least some human influence on the rankings.  But to form a committee to choose so few teams from such a huge pool is reedonkulus IMO.

Very good point.  I think we will see changes in the future of how we rank teams.  Keep the committee and keep the computers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 05:04:01 PM »
Yes, but you have common sense.  Why they felt a need to add yet another human biased component to the equation I have no fracking idea.

Don't even get me started on what the fuck AD's from particular schools are even doing on this panel.  Cause they would have no bias if their team was in contention?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:05:48 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 05:18:23 PM »
It is of my professional opinion that Auburn should stay at number 4 until beating bama at the end of the season where Auburn then moves to #2. Afterwards, Auburn moves to #1 after beating Georgia again in the SECCG.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 05:24:23 PM »
Yes, but you have common sense.  Why they felt a need to add yet another human biased component to the equation I have no fracking idea.

Don't even get me started on what the fuck AD's from particular schools are even doing on this panel.  Cause they would have no bias if their team was in contention?

They have to leave the room when their team comes up. 

:taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »

But what about testicles?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE