« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:51:59 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Official Pre- November Pork Massacre-Arky On the Plains
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2014, 11:59:22 PM »
WOTS:
A few of the UA assistant coaches, who had watched the first half from the booth, got stuck in an elevator and never made it down to speak with the team at halftime.

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 08:19:16 AM »
WOTS:
A few of the UA assistant coaches, who had watched the first half from the booth, got stuck in an elevator and never made it down to speak with the team at halftime.

:haha:

They had a second halftime to adjust, but Bulemia and staff were clueless. They were still trying figure out what that #1 guy was doing in the first half. Duke Williams 154 yards and one TD, not too shabby if I say so myself. #30 guy, Tre Williams got to get his feet wet on punt return. Dude's a beast.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 10:26:31 AM »
Our defense is once again very vulnerable to a real ground game but built in sync with our terrific offense to be just good enough. We ran ourselves out of plays and Arky's giant line made us look stupid in the first half.

Our DB's are a mixture of some guys that will bust your ass, some that can't tackle me and others with their heads up their asses. Fortunately Johnson has been at this long enough to know when the other team is gassed and he responds with the right calls up front to scratch out enough stops to survive.

We have a number of tweeners that can't cover anyone yet will hit including Whitehead and Mincy.
Gabe wright looks better, Montravious Adams very active yet still inconsistent.
Angelo Blackson has decided that he wants to play some football. Welcome!
Trovon Reed must know where the bodies are buried...

Our linebackers were out of position often in the first half when we had help crowding up yesterday. And when you combine that with a shitastic secondary I have to question the teaching since other teams in our conference can field a respectable though sometimes overrated back seven. Our offense often makes those defenses look overrated

It all looks predicated on Johnson deciding when to throw the switch and start calling stunts and blitzing from the edge which is fine as long as our offense keeps scoring touchdowns. And I cringe when we fail two series in a row knowing what has happened in the past.

Jeremy Johnson looks very good at QB-maybe better than Jason Campbell at this stage. Hey we have two QBs, possibly three based on feedback from the staff.
Some teams don't have one.

Offensive line worked very hard as a unit yesterday and provided very good pass protection. ****

Cameron Artis-Payne looks like a cross between Rudy Johnson and Ronnie Brown. He wants this job and it shows...forget the breakaway speed, he has enough and he has no quit in him, NONE!

Duke Williams, Sammy Coates and Melvin Ray (who?) catch anything thrown near them. Impressive.

Daniel Carlson was very efficient juggling kicking duties.
Quan Bray doesn't look confident at punt returner but he got it done.
Kudos to Coach Scott Fountain and special teams play.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 11:03:14 AM »
The only thing that really bothered me is that when Marshall was in the game D. Williams essentially disappeared. 

He had a force field in the first half that prevented any defender from being within 20 yards of him, but in the second half he put on an invisibility cloak. 

I like Marshall under center, but we have to be able to get the ball to Williams.  I kept hearing the announcers (and analysts) rave about how Marshall completely changed the game and we were so much better with him in, but I didn't see that. 

The defense was better when he was in.  But in terms of offensive production?  21 points in the first half. 17 offensive points in the second half.  The only thing we didn't do well on offense in the first half was convert two third and very short situations.  We hit those?  It's 28-0 or 28-7 at the break.  I honestly thought we were a more complete offense in the first half. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 11:23:31 AM »
Jmo but the biggest adjustment in the game was when we stopped slanting our d -line and instead just started holding the point of attack. Btw, Cass is fucking monster in the middle. Could of swore he broke that one rbs arm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »
The only thing that really bothered me is that when Marshall was in the game D. Williams essentially disappeared. 

He had a force field in the first half that prevented any defender from being within 20 yards of him, but in the second half he put on an invisibility cloak. 

I like Marshall under center, but we have to be able to get the ball to Williams.  I kept hearing the announcers (and analysts) rave about how Marshall completely changed the game and we were so much better with him in, but I didn't see that. 

The defense was better when he was in.  But in terms of offensive production?  21 points in the first half. 17 offensive points in the second half.  The only thing we didn't do well on offense in the first half was convert two third and very short situations.  We hit those?  It's 28-0 or 28-7 at the break.  I honestly thought we were a more complete offense in the first half.
Agree on all points...Duke's absence as well. JJ looks complete while Nick can make a tired defense look very bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2014, 01:18:11 PM »
Jmo but the biggest adjustment in the game was when we stopped slanting our d -line and instead just started holding the point of attack. Btw, Cass is fucking monster in the middle. Could of swore he broke that one rbs arm.
Would like to see Owens and Cass work in unison while Lawson mends. We miss the threat as much as the actual one or two sacks as an entire front.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »
One other observation, if Ricardo drops a screen, pull him. Every game he drops that little screen pass, he's done for the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2014, 06:26:56 PM »
One other observation, if Ricardo drops a screen, pull him. Every game he drops that little screen pass, he's done for the day.
I thought much the same as soon as it happened. Enough!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 04:30:56 AM »
In case y'all missed it...#30 freshman LBer Tre Williams throws a little block on a punt return...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 08:52:19 AM »
It took that kid a few extra minutes to get up, and he wobbled all the way to the sidelines.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2014, 10:38:17 AM »
If Dukes first game is any indication of his season we better enjoy him now, cause he will be one and done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2014, 02:28:08 PM »
If Dukes first game is any indication of his season we better enjoy him now, cause he will be one and done.
This was already thought to be the case by all of the prognosticators before he even signed with us out of JUCO. He seems to be one of the "can't miss" prospects.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2014, 02:39:46 PM »
This was already thought to be the case by all of the prognosticators before he even signed with us out of JUCO. He seems to be one of the "can't miss" prospects.
NEWS ALERT...Any athlete with big time talent is subject to leave asap. Don't plan on anyone hanging around because they love the place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2014, 02:53:46 PM »
It took that kid a few extra minutes to get up, and he wobbled all the way to the sidelines.
:clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2014, 03:28:47 PM »
NEWS ALERT...Any athlete with big time talent is subject to leave asap. Don't plan on anyone hanging around because they love the place.
I guess I am an anomaly then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com