Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Bruce Is Loose

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
The Bruce Is Loose
« on: August 24, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »
The Show Cause officially ended at midnight this morning.

Auburn fans crowded the arena to celebrate with him.

Awesome video:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: The Bruce Is Loose
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:58:36 PM »
The Show Cause officially ended at midnight this morning.

Auburn fans crowded the arena to celebrate with him.

Awesome video:

We may never win a game, but we've won the preseason. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 06:11:44 PM »
A great man once said, "War Eagle, baby!!!  WAR EAGLE!!  I'm baaaaack!".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
*This space for rent*

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 02:44:10 PM »
https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1673559
THE WHIPAROUND: An ascension
Jay G. Tate

AUBURN | That didn't take long.

Jay G. Tate/AuburnSports.com

Bruce Pearl has worked quickly to mitigate his biggest obstacles.
First came word Friday that four-star small forward Danjel Purifoy, known on the basketball circuit as "Kevon," committed to the Tigers. On Sunday morning, four-star power forward Horace Spencer followed suit. Both are Top 100 players.

The rally continued this morning when junior college shooting guard T.J. Dunans also committed to the Tigers. Though Rivals.com hasn't yet assessed JUCO players, Dunans' height (6-foot-5), scoring ability (he averaged 22.8 points per game as a freshman) and long arms (which augment Pearl's full-court press) make him a perfect fit for Auburn's new paradigm.

This couldn't be going any better.

The credit must start with Jay Jacobs, an orthodox man who used an unorthodox approach to consider Pearl in the first place. Pearl's reputation was tarnished after some missteps at Tennessee and the show-cause penalty created an unseemly obstacle many athletic directors would have considered a deal-breaker.

Jacobs decided his dilapidated program needed something special to revive the glory of decades past. So he hired the most qualified man to engineer that revival -- warts and all.

Pearl has approached this difficult project with unusual joie de vivre. He's working orking with Under Armour rather than against it. He's embracing Auburn's football-first mentality by developing (and exhibiting) genuine interest in Gus Malzahn's program. He refuses to allow the basketball program's weak track record dictate the caliber of player that will populate this roster three months or three years from now.

He's building Auburn is his image.

It's been mesmerizing to watch.

Chuck Person's work as an NBA player and coach is yielded big dividends behind the scenes.
Still, Pearl isn't doing this alone. Inside observers marvel at Chuck Person's ability to get through to players, their families, coaches, handlers. His reputation as an NBA player and Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach has been more impactful than even the most optimistic forecast. He engenders trust so easily. He doesn't have to describe his ability to develop players because basketball people already know.

Spencer, the celebrated power forward who committed Sunday, is from Philadelphia. So is Auburn assistant coach Harris Adler, who was working at LaSalle University in Philly this time last year. That's not a coincidence.

Tony Jones, Pearl's long-time lieutenant, served as Pearl's eyes and ears when the show-cause penalty prevented Pearl from seeing and interacting with prospects. How did Auburn gain traction with Top 100 players when Pearl was barred from even scouting them on tape?

Jones had a lot to do with it.

Auburn now has a synergy that cannot be overstated. Pearl's enthusiasm breeds optimism through every corner of the program, which represents a massive change. When Pearl arrived to work Sunday morning at midnight, his entire team -- walk-ons and all -- was there to welcome him.

They didn't have to be there. They wanted to be there.

They always want to be there.

Pearl first five months on the job haven't included a single misstep. He's managed to make Auburn fans care about basketball on the eve of what could be a truly memorable season on the football field. That's not easy.

Of course, he doesn't like easy. Pearl chose to sign with Auburn knowing the task would be the biggest challenge of his career. Yet he knows deep down that building programs is what he does best, what he is meant to do.

This is what greatness looks like in its infancy.

Savor the rise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 03:16:54 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jmar

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 12:13:13 AM »
Pawl whut in tha hayul was Bill Battle uh thainkin? Dem Aubs is outta control. You a great man I hang up an lissen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 07:51:12 AM »
We currently have the highest combined recruiting (football and basketball) than other big 5 programs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 08:39:13 PM »
We currently have the highest combined recruiting (football and basketball) than other big 5 programs.
Yup, we're the only team ranked in the Top 10 in both. War Damn Eagle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 10:01:17 PM »
Yup, we're the only team ranked in the Top 10 in both. War Damn Eagle.
Likely to be the only school ranked in the top 5 before this cruiten season ends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 05:34:56 PM »
It'll be interesting to see what happens to some of the players being "Saban'd" to make room for Pearl's players. Took a look at the current roster and noticed several players from last year not on there, including Alex Thompson, from here in Dothan.  6'7" forward who had a scholarship with Stetson but Barbee convinced him to walk on and later gave him a scholly.  There was a lot of speculation as to whether he'd be processed when Pearl came in and at one point, he was assured he was fine.  Apparently, I totally missed an article on 8-29 (Dothan Eagle) where Pearl announced Thompson and Delph (a 7 footer) were taking an "Indefinite leave" from the basketball program. Thompson's father had no comment.

Not whining about Thompson and I fully acknowledge that if Pearl is going to fix this program, he's got to eventually clean house and get his players in place.  Just curious to know how Pearl's process works. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 05:55:05 PM »
It'll be interesting to see what happens to some of the players being "Saban'd" to make room for Pearl's players. Took a look at the current roster and noticed several players from last year not on there, including Alex Thompson, from here in Dothan.  6'7" forward who had a scholarship with Stetson but Barbee convinced him to walk on and later gave him a scholly.  There was a lot of speculation as to whether he'd be processed when Pearl came in and at one point, he was assured he was fine.  Apparently, I totally missed an article on 8-29 (Dothan Eagle) where Pearl announced Thompson and Delph (a 7 footer) were taking an "Indefinite leave" from the basketball program. Thompson's father had no comment.

Not whining about Thompson and I fully acknowledge that if Pearl is going to fix this program, he's got to eventually clean house and get his players in place.  Just curious to know how Pearl's process works.
Maybe Saban flipped them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 06:00:10 PM »

To me, and I'm not just being a homer here - applies to anyone, you get a pass on processing the fuck out of your program in your first year. You're taking over someone else's garbage. You've got to pull the weeds.

You're still doing it in year eight of running a program? You're a shithead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 08:14:19 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 08:24:37 AM »
To me, and I'm not just being a homer here - applies to anyone, you get a pass on processing the fuck out of your program in your first year. You're taking over someone else's garbage. You've got to pull the weeds.

Agreed.  We actually had this discussion when Chizik was hired and refused to give Clinton Durst a scholarship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 11:37:02 AM »
Like I said, I know it's got to be done and looking forward to the end product.  Just wondering how that whole process works.  Is it like a job?  Boss wants to see you.  Me? Why?  I don't know, he just said to see him in his office.

You wanted to see me, Boss?

Yeeeeeaaah.  It's not working out. I need you to pack your shit and leave the keys and your uniform on the desk. 

But why?

Yeah well, I found someone better than you.  Hey, if you need a reference.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 11:54:54 AM »
Like I said, I know it's got to be done and looking forward to the end product.  Just wondering how that whole process works.  Is it like a job?  Wife wants to see you.  Me? Why?  I don't know, she just said to see her in her office.

You wanted to see me, Sweetie?

Yeeeeeaaah.  It's not working out. I need you to leave some money and your balls on the desk. 

But why?

fixt from your own memoirs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 11:55:51 AM »
Like I said, I know it's got to be done and looking forward to the end product.  Just wondering how that whole process works.  Is it like a job?  Boss wants to see you.  Me? Why?  I don't know, he just said to see him in his office.

You wanted to see me, Boss?

Yeeeeeaaah.  It's not working out. I need you to pack your shit and leave the keys and your uniform on the desk. 

But why?

I mean, this would not be out of the ordinary when your company is going in a different direction including new management from top to bottom.

I'd expect some housecleaning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 11:58:34 AM »
I mean, this would not be out of the ordinary when your company is going in a different direction including new management from top to bottom.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 12:04:36 PM »
and more lemon pledge
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »

I mean, it'd be different if you had an employee using company time to make racist comments on the interwebz. Sure, you HAVE to fire that guy.  But the average, name on his shirt, lunch pail, 9 to 5'er.  Man, it's tough to tell that guy to pound pavement.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions