Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Just Finished the Sopranos (Spoilers)

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Just Finished the Sopranos (Spoilers)
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 02:47:44 AM »
I haven't seen Dexter.  Was really interested in it but I've heard so much criticism of the later seasons that I don't think I'll ever start it.

Tried Sons of Anarchy.  It was good at first, but I think I'm done with the 20+ episode seasons.  I just don't have the time to devote 100+ hours to a story.  The 60-70 was hard enough with the Sopranos.
Everyone is telling me Dexter season 4 is the best season in television history. If it's close I have to watch it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 07:19:45 AM »
I have no idea what you're talking about.  I don't feel sad clowny at all. 

I do think everybody of my relative age suffers from some of those same feelings, though.  We were born into a world where "men were men" even if it were nothing but a public perception.  Men worked, women stayed home and raised the children.  The children were seen and not heard.  Beaver Cleaver, Father Knows Best, Andy Griffith....

The world is much different now.  All the things it looked like our fathers and grandfathers handled with grim manliness are now beyond our control. 

My dad could seemingly do almost anything.  When the car broke down, he got under the hood and fixed it.  He and my grandfather got together and built our first house. It wasn't a mansion, but it was good enough. 

My car breaks down, I take it to a shop. I could fix my first car (65 Mustang) myself, but I have no idea where anything is under the hood now.  I couldn't even find the battery when somebody needed a jump off at the mall. (It's in the trunk, I learned that).  I couldn't build a house. 

Our grandfathers were heroes. They went to war, defeated Hitler and the Japanese and came back home.  The next generation went to Korea or Vietnam and came back damaged and broken. It's like they weren't quite strong enough and we are substantially weaker.  I watch the movies about the invasion of Normandy and I don't know if I could do that.  Not only me, but our leadership as well. We wouldn't do that. 

I don't give a shit about this show or that character but this right here is good stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2014, 08:02:58 AM »
Our grandfathers were heroes. They went to war, defeated Hitler and the Japanese and came back home.  The next generation went to Korea or Vietnam and came back damaged and broken. It's like they weren't quite strong enough and we are substantially weaker.  I watch the movies about the invasion of Normandy and I don't know if I could do that.  Not only me, but our leadership as well. We wouldn't do that. 
Maybe we couldn't do all of that stuff. But, look on the bright side. Those guys couldn't even program a VCR to record properly. We could do that, sometimes. And my Grandpa was bad about leaving his pants unzipped. I remember to zip mine the vast majority of the time. Mostly. The gap isn't as wide as you make it seem. I'm a pretty tough man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2014, 08:42:10 AM »
Everyone is telling me Dexter season 4 is the best season in television history. If it's close I have to watch it.

Everyone is wrong.  It's good for Dexter. But it's also the point where you go "really? Dexter that careless?" And start to feel the show is pushing the bounds of credulity.

Don't watch anything past the end of this season though.  It should end here. All that comes after is an abortion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »
Everyone is wrong.  It's good for Dexter. But it's also the point where you go "really? Dexter that careless?" And start to feel the show is pushing the bounds of credulity.

Don't watch anything past the end of this season though.  It should end here. All that comes after is an abortion.
So quit watching after season 4?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »
THS, Kaos -

Here we are. Doesn't say much. But he does answer THE question....David Chase in an article today:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/08/27/did-tony-die-in-sopranos-finale-david-chase-finally-clears-up-mystery/

"The Sopranos" has been celebrated for its ambiguous series finale, which left the fate of mob boss Tony Soprano unknown. But now creator David Chase has taken all of the mystery out of the revolutionary episode.

When Chase was asked if Tony's dead in an interview with Vox, he begrudgingly responded, "No. No he isn't." Other than mentioning that the infamous cut to black scene was inspired by Edgar Allen Poe's poem, "Dream Within a Dream," that's all the information Chase divulged about Tony's fate.

The most memorable series finales ever

Though it must have been frustrating for Chase to only be asked this simple question rather than about many of the more interesting aspects of "The Sopranos" for years on end, we're glad he didn't go into more detail and wish he'd maintained his oath of silence completely. Ambiguity in television is OK and "The Sopranos" was the poster child for this type of destabilizing storytelling.

However, maybe some good will come of Chase's confession and David Lynch will be inspired to finally reveal exactly what happened to Cooper in "Twin Peaks."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »
Lame ass ending if he wasn't killed.  Chase held out too long. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 11:03:03 AM »
Lame ass ending if he wasn't killed.  Chase held out too long.

I think it was apparent that his head was up his head the entire last season.

The Vito/Gay storyline? The snowballing of things in a matter of 4-5 episodes in season 6? It was forced.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE