Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2

Re: Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2
« Reply #400 on: November 24, 2014, 09:33:07 PM »
Get ready to do yo lootin'. DVD player, surround system and a bucket of KFC on my list.
Black Friday a little early this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #401 on: November 24, 2014, 09:33:53 PM »
They scheduled this announcement because it won't be over until morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #402 on: November 24, 2014, 09:37:04 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #403 on: November 24, 2014, 11:07:57 PM »
Looting a likker store because Mike Brown would've wanted it that way.

Burning a police car.

Shots fired

So much for "peaceful protest". And Obama did NOTHING constructive with his stupid speech.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #404 on: November 24, 2014, 11:50:18 PM »
Looting the liquor store was a bad idea.  They're all going to have hangovers at work tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #405 on: November 25, 2014, 12:02:40 AM »
I'm not going to be able to make it there this year.  Do they have online looting?  I'd like to throw a virtual concrete block through the window of a store there and just have them ship me a few things I'd likely tote out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #406 on: November 25, 2014, 12:02:58 AM »
Looting the liquor store was a bad idea.  They're all going to have hangovers at work tomorrow.

Mail doesn't run until after lunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #407 on: November 25, 2014, 12:06:32 AM »
It makes me really sad that all this is happening in my country. The scenes being shown on television shouldn't be happening here. Egypt? Sure. Iraq? I don't care. The United States? No way. On a lighter note it is funny watching the reporters struggle with tear gas. No one taught them how to use those gas masks I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Token

« Reply #408 on: November 25, 2014, 12:10:10 AM »
Protesting in multiple cities...........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #409 on: November 25, 2014, 12:17:44 AM »
Well, at least there's a clear winner.

The Media, profiting from the chaos they've sown and are continuing to create.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #410 on: November 25, 2014, 12:28:37 AM »

It was kind of hilarious, hearing the disappointment in their voices when nothing happened immediately after the announcement. It was like they were desperately trying to wish for something. Well, a few of them got more than they bargained on. The CNN chick got likker bottles and full beer cans thrown at her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #411 on: November 25, 2014, 08:13:04 AM »
I wasn't able to do as well as I had hoped last night. But I did get some weave extensions for my lady friend and a case of Colt 45. Justice for Mike.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #412 on: November 25, 2014, 09:22:37 AM »

Where have you been?  You can't just come around here whenever you want and then stay gone for months at a time. You've got another thing coming Mr Man. There are rules.

You were in line for most likable law enforcer on the x but you blew it by going undercover for so long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #413 on: November 25, 2014, 10:07:41 AM »

This guy ^^^ has developed an awesome sense of humor. Seriously THS, kudos on that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #414 on: November 25, 2014, 10:07:54 AM »
It was kind of hilarious, hearing the disappointment in their voices when nothing happened immediately after the announcement. It was like they were desperately trying to wish for something. Well, a few of them got more than they bargained on. The CNN chick got likker bottles and full beer cans thrown at her.

Someone had to explain to the "protesters" what the prosecutor actually meant...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #415 on: November 25, 2014, 10:13:19 AM »
Where have you been?  You can't just come around here whenever you want and then stay gone for months at a time. You've got another thing coming Mr Man. There are rules.

You were in line for most likable law enforcer on the x but you blew it by going undercover for so long.

He has blue legs now.  He's too good for us common folk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #416 on: November 25, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »
I have to say I watched all of it in disgust last night. Disgusted at every aspect of this circus.  My rant:

This was one of the most overblown, overhyped events of our time.  Regardless of what actually happened in the death of this guy, the media latched on to this like they seem to do with some random happening every year.  Some young woman we don't know, is accused of killing her daughter in a place we never heard of.  Something very similar to what I read about almost daily in my little neck of the woods..and the national media turns it into must see TV.  And we must see....just like I must saw last night.   

This is not a hot topic, national issue as the media wants us to believe.  There were a few hundred people in Ferguson, most of which dispersed not long after the decision because it was cold and deep down, they were tired of it and really didn't give a shit anymore.  Those that remained were there only to loot and act like the thug, punk ass bitches they truly are.  As one reporter put it as several rioters danced by him laughing with stolen liquor bottles, "This is a carnival atmosphere."  National issue?  There were 50 people in Times Square with signs and I saw one shot of Los Angeles where 12 people were walking down the middle of the street with their hands up in "protest".  If there were other events around the country, it was just more pockets of thug, punk ass bitches using this as an excuse to act like punk ass bitches on a Monday night.

Never heard of the Prosecutor before he stepped out to make the announcement last night.  Didn't give a rat's ass what the outcome was other than hoping there was enough evidence for the Grand Jury to make an informed decision either way.  I listened to his detailed account of how they arrived at their decision and the mountain of evidence they considered and length of time they deliberated.  All of it is being released to the public by the way, so total transparency. But the reaction by all the players in this game is what made me face palm and lose respect for so many.

First, you have all the counsel for the Brown family calling this a travesty and proclaiming there is no justice.  But you heard what all the Grand Jury considered.  He wasn't shot in the back.  He wasn't running away.  He did attack the officer.

This is a travesty and there is no justice for the black man.

City Council Woman:  This is a joke.  You call this justice?

But you heard all the evidence. He wasn't shot in the back.  He wasn't running away.  He did attack the officer.

This a joke.  There is no justice for the black man.

And on and on and on and on...

Then...then, there's our beloved media.  On the Snags cable, FOX and MSNBC are side by side channels. I constantly flipped back and forth.  You would have thought one was reporting on a Super Bowl win while the other, a Super Bowl loss after a horrible call by the refs with 5 seconds to go. Sean Hannity thought the Prosecutor did a masterful job and supports the decision 100%.  He delighted in bringing on air, the attorneys and government officials from Ferguson just long enough to tell them:

You called everyone involved in this thing racists right after it happened and you in fact, incited people to protest and riot.  What do you have to say now?

Look, this is not...

We have to go to break.  Saw him do that 3 times. 

Then, there's MSNBC.  The Prosecutor is a joke.  This was a predetermined outcome from the start.  There is no justice for the black man.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I'm done with these circuses.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #417 on: November 25, 2014, 11:06:06 AM »
Agreed. The problem though is that the narrative doesn't go away just because we are tired of it. Its being repeated on tv, online, twitter, etc. and there are a LOT of sheep willing to believe it because it supports their preconceived opinion.

I'm not normally a twitterer...er but last night was an exception. I don't know how many times I saw this picture used to perpetuate the "brutal police militarization imposing their will through violent force on the innocent protesters of Ferguson" narrative.

But the image fails to show what the officers were facing from their perspective, what they were defending in that moment, nor the incredible amount of restraint they were practicing in the face of antagonizing and violent protesters literally shouting in their face, throwing objects at them, shooting at them, and burning their own city to the ground.

Watching it all live, I felt awful for those men and women out their doing their job to protect a community. They were damned if they did, damned if they didn't.

Police militarization in this country is a problem. But last night was not an example of that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #418 on: November 25, 2014, 11:12:22 AM »
Police militarization in this country is a problem. But last night was not an example of that.

True statement. All of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #419 on: November 25, 2014, 11:48:52 AM »
The problem is this is not a huge national issue in my view.  What I saw were a few politicians and attorneys using this as a forum to get their 10 minutes of fame, no matter how luda-Chris, uninformed and preposterous their arguments sounded.  What I saw were a few hundred people acting like punk ass bitches, using this as an opportunity to justify breaking into someone's business, do untold amounts of damage and steal them blind. What I saw were news agencies using this an another opportunity to sensationalize a blip on the screen for their own  self-serving agendas.  The Prosecutor made that clear in his remarks.

In our paper this morning, there are stories on a baby with head injuries on life support and a man being held for child abuse.  There's a black woman charged with assault for hitting a white officer twice in the face.  One man is being held for terrorist threats against a police chief.  It's a typical, slow news day in the Wiregrass.  But no MSNBC or FOX Newz on the scene.

As for the police, I say again for the 100th time. If a policeman stops you, tells you to step to the curb...whatever...the answers are yes sir and no sir (Or mam)  They have tazers, big flashlights, guns and dozens of others just like them one call away.  You give them shit, there will be trouble...for you.  You cooperate fully, you will NOT get shot, tazed bro or otherwise have the hell beaten out of you.  There are asshole cops, asshole attorneys, asshole ditch diggers, asshole pro athletes...assholes in every walk of life.  If a cop acts like an asshole, take it up with his supervisor or in court.  Try to be bad ass and you lose.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."