Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Re: Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2
« Reply #340 on: October 02, 2014, 09:46:47 PM »
Most folks in TX don't WANT to open carry. Why advertise yourself as the first target for a bad guy looking to take out the opposition?  It's much more effective when there's the element of "Spin the Wheel, Take Your Chances On Concealed Carry". It's really unnecessary. And the people doing open carry with long guns are stupid douchebags who should be shot purely on the basic principle of genetic cleansing of the mentally defective. They set the 2A cause back 50 years every time they do that shit.
The other side of that argument is if a criminal walks into a place and sees 6 or 7 people packing heat, they are gonna be less likely to start any shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #341 on: October 02, 2014, 10:29:29 PM »
The other side of that argument is if a criminal walks into a place and sees 6 or 7 people packing heat, they are gonna be less likely to start any shit.
Or...they could just light a few fire crackers and toss it between the heat packing citizens, then after they've shot each other, they can proceed to rob the joint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #342 on: October 02, 2014, 11:44:01 PM »

Which is more of a deterrent?  The devil you know or the devil you don't?  To me, open carry is a sign that says "Shoot me first". I'd rather let the bastard have to think thru it and weigh his odds, which, in my rural county at least, are NOT in his favor.

I have a whole trailer park of meth heads not half a mile from the entrance to our neighborhood.  But we have had ZERO problems with break ins, etc.  We all live on large lots with clear lines of sight, and damn near every neighbor is loaded for bear. Even the most fucked up meth head isn't desperate enough to try for one of our homes. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:47:34 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #343 on: October 03, 2014, 12:35:37 AM »
Which is more of a deterrent?  The devil you know or the devil you don't?  To me, open carry is a sign that says "Shoot me first". I'd rather let the bastard have to think thru it and weigh his odds, which, in my rural county at least, are NOT in his favor.

I have a whole trailer park of meth heads not half a mile from the entrance to our neighborhood.  But we have had ZERO problems with break ins, etc.  We all live on large lots with clear lines of sight, and damn near every neighbor is loaded for bear. Even the most fucked up meth head isn't desperate enough to try for one of our homes.

A "bad" reputation is not always a bad thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #344 on: October 03, 2014, 12:37:14 AM »
A "bad" reputation is not always a bad thing.

I have that exact line tattooed on my ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #345 on: October 03, 2014, 07:16:36 AM »

I don't remember seei........I mean, really?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bgreene

« Reply #346 on: October 03, 2014, 07:41:01 AM »

We are going to need to see some proof.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #347 on: October 03, 2014, 09:00:24 AM »
We are going to need to see some proof.

I call this into action.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #348 on: October 03, 2014, 09:42:41 AM »

Just me personally in the criminal's shoes? Im not picking ANY fight with someone I KNOW is packing. Or even near them. I'd rather take my chances on the gun I can't see. There is a 100% chance (or 103/98 ths in Chizad common core math) someone visably with a gun, has a gun. Someone where I can't see the gun? Not as much. They may, they may not. Chances are they won't have one. But I know for certain the guy open carrying will shoot me. Im not taking that chance.

I do see your point. And I guess it can go either way. Not so much an exact science trying to get inside the head of the average perp (JR's favorite word). Some think more than others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #349 on: October 03, 2014, 12:27:47 PM »
Just me personally in the criminal's shoes? Im not picking ANY fight with someone I KNOW is packing. Or even near them. I'd rather take my chances on the gun I can't see. There is a 100% chance (or 103/98 ths in Chizad common core math) someone visably with a gun, has a gun. Someone where I can't see the gun? Not as much. They may, they may not. Chances are they won't have one. But I know for certain the guy open carrying will shoot me. Im not taking that chance.

I'm of the opposite opinion.  If I have a weapon and am the person who intends to use it first for something illegal, then I have an advantage.  Any other person who is carrying is (presumably) doing so for defensive purposes, meaning they're going to react to a situation.  If I can see who is carrying, then I know who to take out with my first shots so as to prevent their reaction.

Unless you try to snipe his ass from across the store with a pistol, I'm relatively certain you could fire first and kill him before he could pull and fire his gun, especially if it's a rifle or shotgun draped across his back.

But if you have no idea who is carrying, choosing your target becomes more of a gamble, and you may very well shoot a person who doesn't have a gun first.  That gives the gun carrying person more time to react and drop yo ass.

Of course, all of this assumes that at least one person in the room has a gun.  In that instance, going after the open carry first makes sense to me.  And in a place like Texas, you have to assume that at least someone in the room has a gun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Token

« Reply #350 on: October 03, 2014, 12:33:08 PM »
Most people who open carry are idiots who don't have the proper training on how to keep an asshole from taking their pistol.  That's my problem with open carry.  You being a fucking moron and displaying your firearm for all to see have possibly given a lunatic who doesn't have a gun the opportunity to take yours and kill a bunch of people. 

No reason for open carry, at all.  Conceal that shit.  Should the need arise, skin that smoke wagon and do work.  Until then, nobody needs to see it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #351 on: October 03, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »
I don't remember seei........I mean, really?

You were focused on the prize, baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #352 on: October 03, 2014, 01:02:12 PM »
Most people who open carry are idiots who don't have the proper training on how to keep an asshole from taking their pistol.  That's my problem with open carry.  You being a fucking moron and displaying your firearm for all to see have possibly given a lunatic who doesn't have a gun the opportunity to take yours and kill a bunch of people. 

No reason for open carry, at all.  Conceal that shit.  Should the need arise, skin that smoke wagon and do work.  Until then, nobody needs to see it.

This man knows.  The training that comes with a CHL does not generally cover "what to do if some mofo takes your own gun away".  Bubba Redneck with his Glawk on his hip has probably never even contemplated how he would react if he found himself in a struggle over his own gun.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 04:29:39 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #353 on: October 04, 2014, 03:09:32 PM »
This man knows.  The training that comes with a CHL does not generally cover "what to do if some mofo takes your own gun away".  Bubba Redneck with his Glawk on his hip has probably never even contemplated how he would react if he wound himself in a struggle over his own gun.

I personally prefer conceal to open. Just saying I think both should be legal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #354 on: October 04, 2014, 04:30:11 PM »
I personally prefer conceal to open. Just saying I think both should be legal.

Not disagreeing. But I'd never carry open even if I could.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #355 on: October 04, 2014, 06:02:53 PM »
JMO: The Yats that are running around here in Dallas with their weapons slung across their backs are folks who just want attention and get on TV. You don't see any real gun owners doing that. Having a CHL means we respect the weapon, are aware of its capabilities, and have a belief that what I have is worth standing up for. Its up to you if you think its worth being shot for.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bgreene

« Reply #356 on: October 05, 2014, 04:05:19 AM »
This man knows.  The training that comes with a CHL does not generally cover "what to do if some mofo takes your own gun away".  Bubba Redneck with his Glawk Highpoint on his hip has probably never even contemplated how he would react if he found himself in a struggle over his own gun.

fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

GH2001

« Reply #357 on: October 05, 2014, 09:33:56 PM »
JMO: The Yats that are running around here in Dallas with their weapons slung across their backs are folks who just want attention and get on TV. You don't see any real gun owners doing that. Having a CHL means we respect the weapon, are aware of its capabilities, and have a belief that what I have is worth standing up for. Its up to you if you think its worth being shot for.

The rhetoric is nice but the reasons you guys have listed is NOT the reason your state doesn't have OC.

If you are not going to have OC, those would be good reasons TW listed. But they are not why you don't have it...

Try going back to the 1870's and reconstruction. Once OC is taken away its hard to get it back and that was a critical mistake Tx made way "back then". Had more to do racial issues and lack of trust (whites fearing the blacks would want revenge).

I agree those people are idiots. And I also believe any business has a right to not want that in their place of business.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:35:49 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #358 on: October 18, 2014, 12:31:16 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/18/us/ferguson-case-officer-is-said-to-cite-struggle.html?_r=0

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/10/ny-times-michael-brown-beat-officer-darren-wilson-before-his-death-blood-found-on-wilsons-gun/

Gateway Pundit quotes from original NYT article, but they won't let me copy from their URL.

The New York Times reported on Friday that Michael Brown’s blood was on police officer Darren Wilson’s gun. According to the Times Brown reached inside the police car and attacked Darren Wilson.

The police officer who fatally shot Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., two months ago has told investigators that he was pinned in his vehicle and in fear for his life as he struggled over his gun with Mr. Brown, according to government officials briefed on the federal civil rights investigation into the matter.

The officer, Darren Wilson, has told the authorities that during the scuffle, Mr. Brown reached for the gun. It was fired twice in the car, according to forensics tests performed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The first bullet struck Mr. Brown in the arm; the second bullet missed.

The forensics tests showed Mr. Brown’s blood on the gun, as well as on the interior door panel and on Officer Wilson’s uniform. Officer Wilson told the authorities that Mr. Brown had punched and scratched him repeatedly, leaving swelling on his face and cuts on his neck.

This is the first public account of Officer Wilson’s testimony to investigators, but it does not explain why, after he emerged from his vehicle, he fired at Mr. Brown multiple times. It contradicts some witness accounts, and it will not calm those who have been demanding to know why an unarmed man was shot a total of six times. Mr. Brown’s death continues to fuel anger and sometimes-violent protests.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #359 on: October 22, 2014, 09:34:38 AM »
from teh foxynews. I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

Michael Brown, the 18-year-old black man whose fatal shooting by a white police officer in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson in August touched off weeks of racially-charged rioting, had marijuana in his system, was initially shot at close range and does not appear to have been killed while running away, according to experts who reviewed the official autopsy and toxicology report.

The documents, obtained by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and analyzed by two experts not directly involved in the case, appears to contradict witness accounts that claimed Brown was running away from Police Officer Darren Wilson when he was killed on Aug. 9. The new information comes on the heels of reports that Wilson told authorities Brown had reached inside Wilson’s police SUV and struggled for his gun, resulting in Wilson firing twice, hitting Brown once in the hand. Moments later and outside of the vehicle, Wilson fired the fatal bullets that sparked a national controversy.

The newspaper had St. Louis medical examiner Dr. Michael Graham, who is not part of the official investigation, review the autopsy report, and he determined that it “does support that there was a significant altercation at the car” including a shot that hit Brown’s right hand. Dr. Judy Melinek, a forensic pathologist in San Francisco who also reviewed the documents, concurred that the autopsy “supports the fact that this guy is reaching for the gun" and that it did not support claims Brown was shot while running away from Wilson, or with his hands up.

The toxicology test. also obtained by the newspaper and performed by a St. Louis University laboratory, revealed marijuana in Brown’s blood and urine. Alfred Staubus, a consultant in forensic toxicology at The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy, told the newspaper THC could impair judgment or slow reaction times but that there was no reliable measurement to make those conclusions.

“The detection of THC in the postmortem blood of Michael Brown really indicates his recent use of marijuana (within a few hours) and that he may or may not have been impaired at the time of his death,” Staubus said.

The shots fired outside of the vehicle hit Brown in the forehead, upper right arm and twice in the chest, Melinek said. The fatal shot to the top of Brown’s head indicates he was falling forward or in a lunging position toward the shooter, she said. The fact that a sixth shot hit his forearm and traveled from the back of the arm to the inner arm shows Brown’s palms could not have been facing Wilson, as some witnesses have said, Melinek said.

The findings could be at odds with those of a private autopsy arranged by Brown’s family, conducted by former New York City Chief Medical Examiner Michael Baden and made public Aug. 18. Baden said none of Brown’s wounds appeared to have been from shots fired at close range, noting a lack of stippling, or pattern of tiny blood spatters. However, Graham told the Post-Dispatch, "Sometimes when it’s really close, such as within an inch or so, there is no stipple, just smoke."

A third autopsy has been ordered by federal officials as part of their investigation into whether Brown's civil rights were violated. Results of that one have not been revealed.

A grand jury has been hearing testimony in the case since Aug. 20, but has not yet returned an indictment or a no-bill against Wilson. If the police officer is not indicted, supporters of Brown have vowed to resume demonstrations that began immediately after the shooting and became violent, with looting, arrests and the imposition of a curfew. President Obama consoled Brown's family in the immediate aftermath, and U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder went to Ferguson and announced a separate federal investigation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."