Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2
« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2014, 03:35:59 PM »
Anecdotal evidence?  Oh look, it exists for the other side!

Fast forward to 7:30; guy stabs multiple cops because they pussy foot around with their guns:

Guy stabs police officer at a traffic stop.  He then runs into the police vehicle.  Officer tries to tase him, and the taser doesn't connect.  Guy drives off with police vehicle:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/06/10/bensalem-cop-reportedly-stabbed-police-vehicle-stolen-by-suspect/

Three police officers show up to a call regarding a mentally disturbed man with a knife.  They fire a taser at him; it fails.  As a result, one officer winds up paralyzed and without an eye:

http://nypost.com/2014/04/24/thug-gets-54-years-to-life-after-brutally-stabbing-3-cops/

Kudos to the German cop and whoever else is able to non-lethally neutralize someone wielding a knife, but it's not as simple as some of you are making it out to be.
I just watched this video all the way until finish. What can I say? It's a slow afternoon. Anyway, there were 3 shots that rang out long after the perp was shot the first time.

Also, the cops were slow to seek medical attention for this man. One even stepped on his neck while handcuffing him.

I wonder if people rioted after this made the news.

Sad thing is, these cops were actually trying to save the man's life but were obviously too close to the knife wielding guy. Shooting him in the beginning would've been better for all concerned. If they would've shot him in the ass or leg, then if he didn't drop the knife, head shot.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2014, 07:59:42 PM »
Also, the cops were slow to seek medical attention for this man. One even stepped on his neck while handcuffing him.
They were just checking his pulse with their boot
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2014, 10:00:06 PM »
Is this the same CNN that reported he was shot in the back 100 feet away and that Al Gore won Florida? Maybe ESPN can confirm.
I would take CNN's word over Fox News' any day. Fox News was one of, if not, the first to run with the "Broken Orbital Bone" excuse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #283 on: August 27, 2014, 07:56:48 AM »
I would take CNN's word over Fox News' any day. Fox News was one of, if not, the first to run with the "Broken Orbital Bone" excuse.
If his bone wasn't broken, which it sounds like maybe it wasn't, then it doesn't change things a tremendous amount to me. It would've been some better for the officer if it was broken but if he still had swelling, as this CNN story suggested, it's good for him.

CNN anchor Don Lemon reported on Thursday that Wilson did go to the hospital with swelling around his face and eyes, but an X-ray came back negative for a fracture to his orbital bone.

Either one could help him prove he was attacked. As things play out, I'm thinking the number of shots is going to be a bigger deal than I originally thought. If he'd only shot the boy a time or two, I think that would be better for his PR campaign...or what little of a campaign he has in his corner. Based on the outcry, Wilson executed Brown. The decision has already been made.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #284 on: August 27, 2014, 08:03:11 AM »
If his bone wasn't broken, which it sounds like maybe it wasn't, then it doesn't change things a tremendous amount to me. It would've been some better for the officer if it was broken but if he still had swelling, as this CNN story suggested, it's good for him.

CNN anchor Don Lemon reported on Thursday that Wilson did go to the hospital with swelling around his face and eyes, but an X-ray came back negative for a fracture to his orbital bone.

Either one could help him prove he was attacked. As things play out, I'm thinking the number of shots is going to be a bigger deal than I originally thought. If he'd only shot the boy a time or two, I think that would be better for his PR campaign...or what little of a campaign he has in his corner. Based on the outcry, Wilson executed Brown. The decision has already been made.
I agree, the shot to the top of the head, after a number of shots to his arm and neck area, IMO means that he shot Brown when he was face down on the ground. The details that come out in court will be interesting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2014, 08:28:16 AM »
I agree, the shot to the top of the head, after a number of shots to his arm and neck area, IMO means that he shot Brown when he was face down on the ground. The details that come out in court will be interesting.

I think the shot on the top of the head means that Brown was already dead, and was falling forward when that bullet struck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2014, 09:00:35 AM »

You are blind if you don't think CNN wrote the book on sketchy journalism to suit their narrative. Foxnews just wanted in on the game with the rest of the kids.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2014, 09:56:31 AM »
All news agencies up to and including The Daily Show and Time magazine have been pretty disappointing. Not a great deal of "Journalism". I turned it on CNN for 10 minutes and they had 5 talking heads squawking about something or another, at the end of the 10 minutes they said whatever it was they were squawking about "hadn't been confirmed". Well, if there's rioting and violence based off everything you say maybe we don't report shit that hasn't been confirmed. The Daily Show talked for 15 minutes about emotionally driven irrelevant shit and the only thing they mentioned that was remotely relevant was it is hard to be a minority because a lot of the time you're treated differently. 

At the end of the day there has been no smoking gun, no reason to behave as if either party has been proven guilty. All the media is doing is contributing to further unrest and doing their best to guarantee that everyone's opinion gets more biased (and rabidly so) by the day.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2014, 11:24:57 AM »
All news agencies up to and including The Daily Show and Time magazine have been pretty disappointing. Not a great deal of "Journalism". I turned it on CNN for 10 minutes and they had 5 talking heads squawking about something or another, at the end of the 10 minutes they said whatever it was they were squawking about "hadn't been confirmed". Well, if there's rioting and violence based off everything you say maybe we don't report shit that hasn't been confirmed. The Daily Show talked for 15 minutes about emotionally driven irrelevant shit and the only thing they mentioned that was remotely relevant was it is hard to be a minority because a lot of the time you're treated differently. 

At the end of the day there has been no smoking gun, no reason to behave as if either party has been proven guilty. All the media is doing is contributing to further unrest and doing their best to guarantee that everyone's opinion gets more biased (and rabidly so) by the day.

They are all bad. People just cry about one or another because its suits their own personal beliefs. Fox leans right. CNN, CBS, MSNBC leans left. Water is wet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2014, 05:27:44 PM »
As for the media. Control the media, control the people...the more divided the people are, the easier they become to being controlled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #290 on: September 25, 2014, 04:05:06 PM »
Try to justify this one.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #291 on: September 25, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
Try to justify this one.

Holy smokes. I'm quite certain, it's a young and inexperienced cop. Who is hopefully now a young and inexperienced and unemployed cop. But, it would be very hard for me to resist the temptation of getting even with this stupid fuck. He should have been very clear, step away from the car, yadda, yadda, whatever. To ask for the man's license and then start shooting means he's a stupid ass, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #292 on: September 25, 2014, 04:30:38 PM »
One good thing is, if he lives, he gone be rich, beyaach. But he may have a slight limp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #293 on: September 25, 2014, 04:34:31 PM »
For all the "Just comply with what the police say and there won't be a problem" arguments (which typically I agree is definitely sound advice), this sort of refutes that.

Dude literally got shot for following exactly the orders this cop was barking at him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #294 on: September 25, 2014, 04:39:40 PM »
For all the "Just comply with what the police say and there won't be a problem" arguments (which typically I agree is definitely sound advice), this sort of refutes that.

Dude literally got shot for following exactly the orders this cop was barking at him.
I think we should go burn a restaurant down to show our disapproval.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #295 on: September 25, 2014, 04:49:12 PM »
If I was that guys partner and seen that, I would have got back in my car and drove away as quick as I could. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #296 on: September 25, 2014, 04:54:52 PM »
If I was that guys partner and seen that, I would have got back in my car and drove away as quick as I could.
He would've likely shot you for fleeing the scene.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #297 on: September 25, 2014, 05:02:35 PM »

Can't justify an obvious huge fudgeup from a guy that doesn't belong but:

Does it really refute it? Or does it just mean this one asshole wasn't good at anything including shooting?
Maybe I should post a video of a cop giving a citizen way too many verbal commands and then dying and in doing so justify all shootings of any citizen? Evidently you believe in the transitive property of LEO contacts.

Maybe you're saying all blues are the same. That's racist.

If I had any idea how to embed this I would.

Edit:  You're welcome.   :admin:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 05:04:57 PM by Ogre »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #298 on: September 25, 2014, 05:06:43 PM »
Can't justify an obvious huge fudgeup from a guy that doesn't belong but:

Does it really refute it? Or does it just mean this one asshole wasn't good at anything including shooting?
Maybe I should post a video of a cop giving a citizen way too many verbal commands and then dying and in doing so justify all shootings of any citizen? Evidently you believe in the transitive property of LEO contacts.

Maybe you're saying all blues are the same. That's racist.

If I had any idea how to embed this I would.

you should really consider taking a remedial computer skills class. I hate it when people don't know how to bed in a video and stuff. It should be a minimum requirement that the x board considers implementing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #299 on: September 25, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »
Over lunch, I'd read, in another article, that this officer and his partner had been involved in an episode (in 2012, if I'm not mistaken) where he'd been shot at during the stop.  Not that it excuses a thing regarding this incident but it may shed some light on the cop's mental state and why he reacted the way he did as the guy reached back into his vehicle for his ID.

Maybe a little PTSD resurfacing in the moment, I don't know?  If he'd been dealing with demons from fighting for his life in 2012, he should have sought help and stepped away from a position where he was uncomfortable. Either way, this dude is and should be done for. Glad his shooting was shit too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions