Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2

Token

Re: Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2
« Reply #240 on: August 23, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »
Tell y'all what..... I will show up to the next X outing with a knife, and I'll bet any amount of money that there isnt a single motherfucker on this board who can disarm me with their bare hands. 

Not one. 

And to those pussies who think you can sit in your car and roll your windows up, I can get in there in stab your asses too.

Afterwards, your families can hire a tax attorney to liquidate my assets to help pay for your funerals.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:54:59 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »
Tell y'all what..... I will show up to the next X outing with a knife, and I'll bet any amount of money that there isnt a single motherfucker on this board who can disarm me with their bare hands. 

Not one. 

And to those pussies who think you sit in your car and roll your windows up, I can get in there in stab your asses too.

Afterwards, your families can hire a tax attorney to liquidate my assets to help pay for your funerals.
Somebody with a few in 'em are bound to wanna fondle you anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2014, 05:16:30 PM »

Not one. 

And to those pussies who think you can sit in your car and roll your windows up, I can get in there in stab your asses too.

Pfffttt

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2014, 05:28:49 PM »
Most all law enforcement officers are NOT doctors, and because they are not, they can neither say he is officially dead or alive.  Therefore you cuff him because he may in fact still be alive, and if he is, he is cuffed and no longer is a threat to you or anyone else.

Same reasons military will put a bullet into the head of a guy you just took down.  Make sure he's dead.  One bullet is cheaper than a Marine/Solider/SEALs life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »

I bet Wench could.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #245 on: August 23, 2014, 05:36:09 PM »
I bet Wench could.

I have a different stabbing device for that situation. But in reality, she's be the first to pull a gun out her of vehicle and smoke me once the bloodshed began.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #246 on: August 23, 2014, 05:52:35 PM »

I have a different stabbing device for that situation. But in reality, she's be the first to pull a gun out her of vehicle and smoke me once the bloodshed began.
Bloodshed!
Who said anything about bloodshed?
:flag:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2014, 12:43:57 AM »
This is the position of everyone when the first shot is fired (assuming there isn't some delay between audio and video on the YouTube clip):

That may be 10 feet at the most, but I wouldn't call it 10-15 feet.  Assuming the officers and the suspect are all anywhere from 5'6" to 6'0", that's probably 7-8 feet.

The suspect started walking toward them at a faster pace at this point, which is what caused the officers to fire.

I don't see his hands raised, but aside from that conflicting with the officer's report, I don't see a difference.  They know he has a knife.  They know he's closing the gap between them.  Hands up or down, he's a threat.

The situation could have been handled differently, but I don't necessarily see anything wrong with the way it was handled.  Maybe the guy wouldn't have responded aggressively if the officers hadn't immediately pointed their guns at him, but when there's a guy on the street with a knife acting suspiciously, I'd rather the officers immediately have the ability to neutralize the lethal threat, rather than start the situation unarmed and risk their own lives or the lives of bystanders.

As far as how to neutralize a guy with a knife, and whether something other than a gun is just as or more effective, I'll leave that up to those who work with those weapons and train people to respond to these situations.  Personally, I don't own a taser, but even if I did, I would have no issue with shooting a guy who has a knife and is approaching me.  And legally speaking, I'd be in the right to do so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2014, 06:45:59 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bgreene

« Reply #249 on: August 24, 2014, 07:16:34 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2014, 09:45:50 AM »

Scenario 3:

Drunk man wielding machete and a sword, cop fires at leg, misses.  Drunk man hacks cop in the neck with machete.  With adrenaline pumping, drunk man turns and sprints towards an innocent bystander.  Stabs her through the heart.  Drunk man lives rest of his life on tax payer's dollar eating three meals a day, access to a library and air conditioning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #251 on: August 24, 2014, 12:25:36 PM »
Scenario 3:

Drunk man wielding machete and a sword, cop fires at leg, misses.  Drunk man hacks cop in the neck with machete.  With adrenaline pumping, drunk man turns and sprints towards an innocent bystander.  Stabs her through the heart.  Drunk man lives rest of his life on tax payer's dollar eating three meals a day, access to a library and air conditioning.
Multiple officers can take a single threat alive in most instances whereas a lone officer is left with no choice but to put them down. No two situations alike.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #252 on: August 24, 2014, 04:57:55 PM »

Aim for the leg if you wish.

Good luck...everytime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #253 on: August 24, 2014, 05:46:37 PM »
Aim for the leg if you wish.

Good luck...everytime.

If that fat out of shape fuck shot that guy in the leg, it's because he is a terrible shot and got lucky the round actually hit him in the leg. The two guys in the picture above however, looked pretty squared away and handled shit the exact way it should have been handled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #254 on: August 24, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Off topic:
The claim of a orbital bone fracture (per sources close to someone) & the xrays of a fractured orbital bone are false, per CNN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #255 on: August 24, 2014, 09:37:36 PM »
Anecdotal evidence?  Oh look, it exists for the other side!

Fast forward to 7:30; guy stabs multiple cops because they pussy foot around with their guns:

Guy stabs police officer at a traffic stop.  He then runs into the police vehicle.  Officer tries to tase him, and the taser doesn't connect.  Guy drives off with police vehicle:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/06/10/bensalem-cop-reportedly-stabbed-police-vehicle-stolen-by-suspect/

Three police officers show up to a call regarding a mentally disturbed man with a knife.  They fire a taser at him; it fails.  As a result, one officer winds up paralyzed and without an eye:

http://nypost.com/2014/04/24/thug-gets-54-years-to-life-after-brutally-stabbing-3-cops/

Kudos to the German cop and whoever else is able to non-lethally neutralize someone wielding a knife, but it's not as simple as some of you are making it out to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #256 on: August 24, 2014, 11:16:41 PM »
^ what he said. I've won shooting competitions and I wouldn't bet my life on making a shot like that under stress (hit a moving limb, in the bone but miss major arteries? Luck all day). When it's your life you play it safe. A grown man who sets out to do some violence with a weapon can do a hell of a lot of violence
Close to home example: clay county deputy gets his hand cut right the fudge off messin around with an armed suspect
http://m.wsfa.com/wsfa/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:QEf1c5by
Oh also that guy's family and friends said he was nonviolent and blah blah blah. That's what everyone's friends and family says.

Or maybe the problem is you don't mind LEOs cut up a little? How cut up is okay?  5%? 30%?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:19:05 PM by smooth_operator »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Vandy Vol

« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2014, 01:01:18 AM »
Or maybe the problem is you don't mind LEOs cut up a little? How cut up is okay?  5%? 30%?

What percentage is this?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2014, 07:32:23 AM »
Well all I know is if a cop is protecting me from some fucker (which isn't likely since I will be brandishing my own weapon) he had better be aiming for center mass at a minimum and I would prefer the 2+1 method.   A double tap to the chest and a failure to stop to the head!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bgreene

« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2014, 07:44:06 AM »
Off topic:
The claim of a orbital bone fracture (per sources close to someone) & the xrays of a fractured orbital bone are false, per CNN.

Through reading the entire thread, I think you are just wanting the cop to be guilty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips