Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2014, 03:45:23 PM »
How, from the angle of the camera, do you know how far the dude is from the officer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2014, 03:51:55 PM »
How, from the angle of the camera, do you know how far the dude is from the officer?

Furthermore, who decided in the article that he never came closer than 10-15 feet?  There is a lot of difference between 10 and 15 feet. How could you make such a statement without knowing the exact footage?

Either way, he was certainly within 21 feet. And he most certainly closed the gap between himself and the officers.  While carrying a knife. While screaming "shoot me". After taking something that didn't belong to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2014, 04:00:35 PM »

Furthermore, who decided in the article that he never came closer than 10-15 feet?  There is a lot of difference between 10 and 15 feet. How could you make such a statement without knowing the exact footage?

Either way, he was certainly within 21 feet. And he most certainly closed the gap between himself and the officers.  While carrying a knife. While screaming "shoot me". After taking something that didn't belong to him.

Shit was suicide by cop.  Fuck him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2014, 04:03:59 PM »

I will ask this -

With current technology and current research funding and the vast amount of money being given to police forces to purchase military grade equipment, where are the tasers?  This guy could have been subdued the second he began resisting the police.  Why are we not investing in better technology for situations like this? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2014, 04:06:50 PM »
Shit was suicide by cop.  Fuck him.

Hold it! Next man makes a move, the ni**er gets it!

Hold it men.  He's not bluffing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2014, 04:14:30 PM »
I will ask this -

With current technology and current research funding and the vast amount of money being given to police forces to purchase military grade equipment, where are the tasers?  This guy could have been subdued the second he began resisting the police.  Why are we not investing in better technology for situations like this?

All the advance technology in the world is not going to stop the more advanced dumbasses in the world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2014, 04:16:31 PM »
I will ask this -

It's a very basic reason. Tasing you doesn't necessarily mean you will drop your weapon. In most instances that I've seen, being tased causes your body to lock up and causes your grip to clinch. Meaning if you are holding an object, you're going to hold it tighter.  Also, the two prongs in a taser have to make direct contact with skin. Bulky and/or loose clothing will cause the prongs to not penetrate. 

And the average person can close the a 20 foot distance in a matter of seconds, so if I miss with taser, I now have nano seconds to drop taser, pull service weapon and stop you from stabbing or shooting me.

If you have lethal force, I have lethal force.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2014, 04:21:34 PM »
It's a very basic reason. Tasing you doesn't necessarily mean you will drop your weapon. In most instances that I've seen, being tased causes your body to lock up and causes your grip to clinch. Meaning if you are holding an object, you're going to hold it tighter.  Also, the two prongs in a taser have to make direct contact with skin. Bulky and/or loose clothing will cause the prongs to not penetrate. 

And the average person can close the a 20 foot distance in a matter of seconds, so if I miss with taser, I now have nano seconds to drop taser, pull service weapon and stop you from stabbing or shooting me.

^^He normally doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about but in this instance, he's correct. The average man could be subdued quite easily with being tased. But, take me for example. The taser would do little more than piss me off further.

Granted, there are very few (if any) men of my strength and pain endurance out there but it's better for the officers to be safe than sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2014, 04:21:55 PM »
I don't have to be a cop to read the article that accompanied the video.
For the tenth time, I'm not defending the guy. He was clearly provoking the cops. He was clearly confrontational. No one really should be surprised when a guy ends up dead after bowing up for the cops daring them to shoot you.

I'm merely playing devil's advocate that there appear to be precautions that were not taken before resorting to shooting this guy nine times from 15 feet away within 15 seconds of getting out of their car.

I'm glad you brought that up.
Since you love it so much it will make you happy to hear that there is scientific, empirical data relating to lost or incorrect recall of high stress situations.
And which precautions were those? Should they have fled? Left the evidently deranged armed man with unarmed civilians? Stayed in the car? Or not responded to the call at all knowing full well some genius on the internet will denigrate them from behind the safety of a keyboard  for dealing with the problem.
If you're curious about the taser
A: the taser is not 100% reliable. You would not stand in front of an armed person with a taser.
B: officers are instructed to not tase people armed with edged weapons because on several occasions they did, that person then fell on their own knife. That's a lawsuit that is hard to win.
Your devils advocacy is painfully ignorant and offensive to me. Those guys did what they were supposed to, no question, and I still have to watch you suggest they're murderers. Evidently we are all constantly in danger because cops are walking the streets just waiting to kill. God knows why they haven't killed us all yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »

He had a knife. Not a gun. What would it matter if he tensed up and gripped his knife tighter while he's laying on the ground?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #210 on: August 22, 2014, 04:24:50 PM »
He had a knife. Not a gun. What would it matter if he tensed up and gripped his knife tighter while he's laying on the ground?
I answered that for you
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Token

« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2014, 04:25:14 PM »

Well then how do you get it away from him? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2014, 04:30:01 PM »
I answered that for you

No no. We're going to slowly walk through this. I want to see the rationale behind disarming an aggressive subject armed with a knife, using the most minimum force possible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »
I think the cops should have ran.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2014, 04:32:39 PM »
No no. We're going to slowly walk through this. I want to see the rationale behind disarming an aggressive subject armed with a knife, using the most minimum force possible.

I don't have time for that I'm looking to go shoot someone. If I haven't killed someone under a flimsy excuse by 4 I just didn't have a good day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Token

« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »
So here we are. Call about a male pacing back and forth in a parking lot with a knife.  Who possibly just committed robbery.  We're on scene, he walks aggressively toward us, screaming to shoot him, holding a knife. You tase him, he's on the ground, laying on his hands that you now can't see.

What now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2014, 04:39:27 PM »
So here we are. Call about a male pacing back and forth in a parking lot with a knife.  Who possibly just committed robbery.  We're on scene, he walks aggressively toward us, screaming to shoot him, holding a knife. You tase him, he's on the ground, laying on his hands that you now can't see.

What now?

Now, shoot him in the back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2014, 04:41:35 PM »
Now, shoot him in the back.

Wrong. We have to save his life and get him the obvious mental help that he needs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2014, 04:44:40 PM »

What now?

Wait wait wait too fast.
You get a call, pull up on scene. You see a guy there with a knife. He starts charging you immediately, screaming. If you were going to to try taser (if you had one) you would have to effectively communicate it to your partner, holster your duty weapon, draw the taser, announce taser taser, aim, them fire. Assuming you got all that right, and quickly enough  and the guy didn't fall on his own knife, then what
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:59:42 PM by smooth_operator »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2014, 04:48:11 PM »
I'd like to see you mofos try to take me in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions