Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Mike Brown: Trayvon Part 2
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2014, 02:53:57 PM »
My sister was telling me yesterday that she's looking at property in St. Croix and has interviewed for a position there and is just waiting for a call back.  I wuh all like, WTH???  She said, this country has gone insane.  I want out.
http://www.belize.com/
Rather tempting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2014, 02:56:32 PM »
If you want to go underground and do the vigilante thing in a black van with tinted windows, I will drive. We could call it the A team. Or, B team. Whichever you want. I just want to shoot some fuckers.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2014, 03:06:46 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2014, 03:41:14 PM »
If the Scots vote to tell England to fuck off once and for all in a couple of weeks, it may not be the worst option. Aside from all the rain and fog and shit.

Are you kidding? They will be damn near bankrupt in 10 years. Those people are a helluva lot more fun to be around, but they have never successfully governed themselves. Now is a bad time to start.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2014, 04:11:55 PM »
If the Scots vote to tell England to fuck off once and for all in a couple of weeks, it may not be the worst option. Aside from all the rain and fog and shit.

And cold.  Don't forget the cold. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »
Are you kidding? They will be damn near bankrupt in 10 years. Those people are a helluva lot more fun to be around, but they have never successfully governed themselves. Now is a bad time to start.

Lot of propaganda out there about it....

Their revenues created far exceed their expenses out the door. The country they are trying to get away from however is the exact opposite. Why is it do you think England is adamantly opposed to it? They will be fine.

But yea, rain and cold. It would be an adjustment. Lots of people gonna be considering these places in general soon though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2014, 04:50:26 PM »
Lot of propaganda out there about it....

Their revenues created far exceed their expenses out the door. The country they are trying to get away from however is the exact opposite. Why is it do you think England is adamantly opposed to it? They will be fine.

But yea, rain and cold. It would be an adjustment. Lots of people gonna be considering these places in general soon though.

Sounds like a good place to increase my drinking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bgreene

« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2014, 04:50:51 PM »
Smooth, I think you deserve a slap on the back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2014, 05:02:26 PM »
I just read this entire thread.  Have you gone berserk?  Can't you see that man is a ni...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2014, 05:02:55 PM »
I just read this entire thread.  Have you gone berserk?  Can't you see that man is a ni...

He's near!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2014, 05:10:02 PM »
What'd he say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bgreene

« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2014, 05:38:23 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2014, 06:02:42 PM »
We don't agree. Graham's "totality" standard is the standard for determining the reasonableness of a use of force. If you find a judge unwilling to consider the "totality" then you find a trial judge not following the standard set by SCOTUS. Not to say I wouldn't be surprised.

The SCOTUS opinion you cited has nothing to do with the rules of evidence, as I've already stated.  It addressed whether reasonable cause existed to use excessive force.  The court only addressed the fact that the victim's history could create reasonable cause, but the issue was not raised as to whether the victim's history is admissible.  So Graham is, as I've already stated, not applicable to this discussion.

Furthermore, just because evidence exists doesn't mean that it's admissible.  A piece of evidence can be part of the "totality" of the situation, but that doesn't mean it's automatically admissible.  So while a court has agreed that a cop can and should take into account a victim's history when determining what amount of force to use, and while the victim's history may be viewed as a piece of evidence, not all evidence is admissible.  That basic premise does not violate the decision in Graham, nor does it violate any SCOTUS opinion.  I've already cited to case law which shows that the victim's history still has to go through the 404(b) and 403 tests, even in use of force determinations.

If what you're claiming were true, then the court would not have gone through those tests.  The court would have just said, "According to Graham, the victim's history is part of the 'totality' of the facts and circumstances that the officer has to consider, and thus it's automatically admissible because we are forced to review the 'totality,' as we can not exclude any part of the 'totality.'"  Yet they didn't do that, and instead proceeded to walk through the 404(b) and 403 tests...not sure what more you want in order to prove that the rules of evidence still have to be followed, and that those rules of evidence do prohibit admitting the victim's history in some circumstances.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:16:33 PM by Vandy Vol »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2014, 06:17:51 PM »

Wes and I don't appreciate you posting pictures of us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2014, 06:56:38 PM »
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ferguson-police-fail-attempt-smear-michael-brown-exposed/#mc0TW0dWEG1L7E7G.99

So, the police officer wasn't responding to the dispatcher giving him the description of the robbery suspect or suspects (like was stated at some point in the police's spider web story) and the video wasn't seen until a few days later...hmmmm
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:00:14 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2014, 07:37:33 PM »
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ferguson-police-fail-attempt-smear-michael-brown-exposed/#mc0TW0dWEG1L7E7G.99

So, the police officer wasn't responding to the dispatcher giving him the description of the robbery suspect or suspects (like was stated at some point in the police's spider web story) and the video wasn't seen until a few days later...hmmmm

Dats right...fuck da man!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2014, 08:49:40 PM »

The county hasn't released its autopsy report yet, but the autopsy report performed by a private party at the request of the family has been released.  According to that report, no gun powder residue was found on the body, suggesting that the shots were not fired within close range.  However, the report also indicates that the clothes were not tested for gun powder residue in that autopsy, probably because the county only allowed the doctor to view the body.

I still have no idea which "side" is correct in this case, but the facts that continue to come out seem to contradict both stories.  It'll be interesting to see what picture the total body of evidence paints.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2014, 09:15:15 PM »
The county hasn't released its autopsy report yet, but the autopsy report performed by a private party at the request of the family has been released.  According to that report, no gun powder residue was found on the body, suggesting that the shots were not fired within close range.  However, the report also indicates that the clothes were not tested for gun powder residue in that autopsy, probably because the county only allowed the doctor to view the body.

I still have no idea which "side" is correct in this case, but the facts that continue to come out seem to contradict both stories.  It'll be interesting to see what picture the total body of evidence paints.

"And to conclude the investigation, it turns out that Mike Brown was killed by a bow and arrow shot by a boy across the street.  Darren Wilson does not exist, and Ferguson is not even a city in the United States." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Vandy Vol

« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2014, 09:38:19 PM »
"And to conclude the investigation, it turns out that Mike Brown was killed by a bow and arrow shot by a boy across the street.  Darren Wilson does not exist, and Ferguson is not even a city in the United States."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2014, 09:57:27 PM »
And cold.  Don't forget the cold.
That's why God Almighty put the best whisky there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."