Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Good Country Music Still Exists

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Good Country Music Still Exists
« Reply #180 on: July 08, 2017, 10:08:19 PM »
This is coincidental because I actually take the "back way" on your girl.

I will throw a really well placed knife edged chop to your temple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2017, 12:40:28 AM »
Wait just a damn minute! I'm a member of the country club!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2017, 11:04:29 AM »
Wait just a damn minute! I'm a member of the country club!
Well, here's a quarter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2017, 12:17:59 PM »
I will throw a really well placed knife edged chop to your temple.
One word. Steel Plate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2019, 12:24:00 PM »
Dillon Carmichael Debut Album is hella good

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2019, 03:44:41 PM »
Learn his name...http://www.deewhite.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2019, 03:58:07 PM »
Learn his name...http://www.deewhite.com/
Pulled up some of his stuff a couple of weeks ago.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2019, 06:49:39 AM »
Pulled up some of his stuff a couple of weeks ago.  :thumsup:
I know his momma and them.

They good folk and come from Slapout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2019, 10:56:12 AM »
Country music HAS been hijacked by bro country. But these guys do put out a good "old" song every now an then that reminds me of times ago. And then they spit out a shitload of bro country.

Luke Bryan "Drink a beer" is about as old country as you can get.

Jason Aldean "Amarillo sky" paints an a picture in your mind of a hard working good ole boy doing his daily thing on a tractor. If you never knew a farmer, you don't know.

Cole Swindell "You Should be Here". Remind me of my brother every time I hear it.

Lee Brice "I drive your truck."

There are hidden jewels among the bebop stuff.

There are others that put out a few good songs along with the new stuff. Hopefully we can keep a mix going until we get back around to a more traditional sound.

But I think the younger folks are tired of the bebop shit on the pop stations and want something bebop that pertains to them. That's what the new stuff is tapping into. The kid that grows up in suburbia but drives a truck and still does stuff outdoors.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 11:01:43 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2019, 01:48:37 PM »
Country music HAS been hijacked by bro country. But these guys do put out a good "old" song every now an then that reminds me of times ago. And then they spit out a shitload of bro country.

Luke Bryan "Drink a beer" is about as old country as you can get.

Jason Aldean "Amarillo sky" paints an a picture in your mind of a hard working good ole boy doing his daily thing on a tractor. If you never knew a farmer, you don't know.

Cole Swindell "You Should be Here". Remind me of my brother every time I hear it.

Lee Brice "I drive your truck."

There are hidden jewels among the bebop stuff.

There are others that put out a few good songs along with the new stuff. Hopefully we can keep a mix going until we get back around to a more traditional sound.

But I think the younger folks are tired of the bebop shit on the pop stations and want something bebop that pertains to them. That's what the new stuff is tapping into. The kid that grows up in suburbia but drives a truck and still does stuff outdoors.
Not getting into all this again but..ok maybe I am...sub genres. Variety. It’s always been there. 

Ill repeat this: half of cashs songs didn’t sound like traditional country. Ring of fire sounds like it came from Mexico. It has mariachi horns in it. Same with Marty Robbins. And eddy Arnold. Not everyone is going to sound like hank, Waylon and george jones.

What is referred to today as “reeeeel mommy partreee by Gawwd!” is really outlaw country. Jinks, Stapleton and the rest. Stapleton just got nominated for a pop Grammy for chrissakes. 

If the songs are about real things, relatable things, women, booze, breakups, trucks whatever - as theyve always been? Actual instruments? Then yes it’s country. You just may not like it. 

Few exceptions: Sam hunt, kelsea ballerini and the worst of all - carrie Underwood. There isn’t one aspect about their music that is country. None. 

People need to drop this obsession over what is and what aint country and move on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2019, 02:23:08 PM »
If the songs are about real things, relatable things, women, booze, breakups, trucks whatever - as they've always been? Actual instruments? Then yes it’s country. You just may not like it.
I think this is the true definition of what country is and should be.

I'm not sure Marty Robbins was what we refer to as just country. I think he was in genre all his own, alone. Dude could just write and sing a ballad. Probably the last great balladeer.

I actually heard a mariachi band play El Paso one night. I may have been the only one singing along.
I always wanted to have my own Felina. But I didn't want to get shot! And I'm not good with a fast horse.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2019, 02:26:09 PM »
Not getting into all this again but..ok maybe I am...sub genres. Variety. It’s always been there.

Ill repeat this: half of cashs songs didn’t sound like traditional country. Ring of fire sounds like it came from Mexico. It has mariachi horns in it. Same with Marty Robbins. And eddy Arnold. Not everyone is going to sound like hank, Waylon and george jones.

What is referred to today as “reeeeel mommy partreee by Gawwd!” is really outlaw country. Jinks, Stapleton and the rest. Stapleton just got nominated for a pop Grammy for chrissakes.

If the songs are about real things, relatable things, women, booze, breakups, trucks whatever - as theyve always been? Actual instruments? Then yes it’s country. You just may not like it.

Few exceptions: Sam hunt, kelsea ballerini and the worst of all - carrie Underwood. There isn’t one aspect about their music that is country. None.

People need to drop this obsession over what is and what aint country and move on.
Agree

Also who the fuck cares.  I use this thread to introduce different artists who have a good sound who you may not heard of before, in this case the genre is country.  Without some of these threads, I wouldn't know some of the artists that I listen to.

I like what I like.  I like new country, Chris Stapleton, Kenny Chesney, Dirks Bently, Morgan Wallen. and I like Old Country, Waylon, Willie, Cash, George Straight.

I also don't like all new country, Dan + Shay, Sam Hunt and I don't like all old country.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2019, 02:32:33 PM »
Agree

Also who the fuck cares.  I use this thread to introduce different artists who have a good sound who you may not heard of before, in this case the genre is country.  Without some of these threads, I wouldn't know some of the artists that I listen to.

I like what I like.  I like new country, Chris Stapleton, Kenny Chesney, Dirks Bently, Morgan Wallen. and I like Old Country, Waylon, Willie, Cash, George Straight.

I also don't like all new country, Dan + Shay, Sam Hunt and I don't like all old country.
Conway says kiss his ass! (well his spirit anyway)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2019, 03:02:23 PM »
Agree

Also who the fuck cares.  I use this thread to introduce different artists who have a good sound who you may not heard of before, in this case the genre is country.  Without some of these threads, I wouldn't know some of the artists that I listen to.

Ed Zappally.  I have never once been riding down the road, my jam comes on and I thought, "Dang, I really hope K and GH and the guys like this too."  It's what I like and I'm not going to try and convince anyone else to feel the same way I do about it. 

Back on the "country" note.  It seems to be that there are more artists bringing back a more traditional country sound and style.  Groups and artists like Midland, John Pardi, Stapleton etc. There's a song out now called On My Way To You by Cody Johnson. Heard it for the first time the other day and I thought this is kind of a throwback to old country music.  Not exactly, but the lyrics, instruments and arrangement had that feeling.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:04:06 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2019, 08:01:48 PM »
Ed Zappally.  I have never once been riding down the road, my jam comes on and I thought, "Dang, I really hope K and GH and the guys like this too."  It's what I like and I'm not going to try and convince anyone else to feel the same way I do about it. 

Back on the "country" note.  It seems to be that there are more artists bringing back a more traditional country sound and style.  Groups and artists like Midland, John Pardi, Stapleton etc. There's a song out now called On My Way To You by Cody Johnson. Heard it for the first time the other day and I thought this is kind of a throwback to old country music.  Not exactly, but the lyrics, instruments and arrangement had that feeling.

Agree. Let everyone like who they want. Who cares. There are people who obsess over this day in and day out. Go on Facebook to any popular artist and look under any post. You’ll see the haters trying so hard to convince everyone that said artist is shit. Dude, why are you even following their page if you hate them this passionately. I just don’t get it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2019, 01:41:27 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2019, 07:19:33 PM »
I have found a swath of new country artists that I really, really like. I’ve been turned off from country for quite a while but this stuff is great.  Tyler Childers radio on Pandora is where I’ve found most of them. It’s worth a listen.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:34:42 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2019, 08:14:14 PM »
Cody Jinks and Tyler Childers. Two different styles but both are solid country. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »

Agree.

Merle Haggard had something close to 40 number ones and nearly 70 albums. He embodied the Bakersfield sound although throughout his career his hits contained many of the same elements as his friends and contemporaries including Cash, Robbins and Jones.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2019, 11:28:53 AM »
I'm just gonna say this again.  

I've got a couple of people who work for me who are constantly telling me "man, you'll like this. I know you don't like country, but this is some great stuff. It's really good country music."  Every single time I want to rip my ears off my head rather than listen to the shit.  Every single bit of it sucks dirt road ass.  I HATE it.  

There is no such thing as "good" country music.  It simply does not exist.  Every single thing I've heard since about 1983 is douchebagged shit.  Every time I'm forced to endure some redneck asshole gargling twangy balls I have to immediately put on the earphones and listen to White Zombie or something to erase that hillbilly hee haw from my brain.  

Other than Alabama football I can't think of anything I despise more than "country" music.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.