Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Good Country Music Still Exists

chinook

Re: Good Country Music Still Exists
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2016, 04:18:21 PM »
Here's the thing.....everyone on here spouts this and that about country, hip-hop whatever.

I like music, I don't really care what the genre is, if it has a good beat and it is pleasing to my ears I like it.  I like reggae, rock, country, blues, rap, top 40 and I listen to it in stages.  If I get tired of one thing I will listen to another.   Some songs stand the test of time: Beatles, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, RHCP, Johnny Cash, Toots and the Maytals. Others you listen to for a month and you never want to hear them again.

Wes mentioned Sturgis Simpson, great artist but to me he is more blues than Country... Who cares, he just sounds good and I like it. 

Bottom line can we not just like the music because.  I like Kenny not afraid to admit that. Is he Country? ...I don't think so he is a mix of top 40 and Jimmy Buffet, but so is Zac Brown and I like his music as well.  Will it stand the test of time who knows.

Bottom line I like it all, except Dave Matthews...fuck that dude.

yeah fuck that backwards hat wearing mother fucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2016, 04:29:23 PM »
Junior Brown is tired and failed? Maybe to someone who listens to pop bullshit like Clint Black rather than true music. JB is a frigging musical genius! Take in one of his shows if you ever get the chance. You'll be blown away.

With the dismissal of the 3 offerings I presented, there's no need to even bring Hal Ketchum into the discussion.

Fuck Garth Brooks! We can agree on that.

I wonder if he's past the point of rescue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2016, 04:30:52 PM »
Personally, I like Heinz Ketchum. But we've had this discussion before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2016, 04:31:45 PM »
I wonder if he's past the point of rescue.
No idea, but I guarantee you that he will miss his Mary tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2016, 04:33:27 PM »
Personally, I like Heinz Ketchum. But we've had this discussion before.
Isn't he one of those cross dressing Liza Minnelli impersonators?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2016, 04:40:20 PM »
Isn't he one of those cross dressing Liza Minnelli impersonators?

Yes it is.  I met Heinz one time in a gender neutral bathroom in NY.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2016, 04:50:36 PM »
Yes it is.  I met Heinz one time in a gender neutral neutered bathroom in NY.

corrected
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2016, 08:17:43 AM »

Yea you gonna have to come on off the mountain on this one.  Paisley is one of the best guitarists out there right now, no matter what the genre. 
Virtuoso may not be too strong of a term actually.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2016, 09:29:45 AM »
Yea you gonna have to come on off the mountain on this one.  Paisley is one of the best guitarists out there right now, no matter what the genre. 

He speaks for several of us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2016, 09:36:46 AM »

He sucks. If he is any good he's wasting that talent in a most douchetastic manner.  Period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2016, 09:38:50 AM »
Junior Brown would kick his ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2016, 09:42:07 AM »
Junior Brown would kick his ass.

Themz fightin' words.

However on second thought, I can't really justify getting behind someone named Paisley in a fight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2016, 09:48:11 AM »
Themz fightin' words.

However on second thought, I can't really justify getting behind someone named Paisley in a fight.

Dems is the ones that will whip dat ass cause they have HAD to all their life....and I would like to get behind his wife.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:50:12 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2016, 09:48:41 AM »
Themz fightin' words.

With a name like Paisley, Junior Brown's wife could likely kick it - in fisticuffs and geeetar playin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2016, 10:40:36 AM »
With a name like Paisley, Junior Brown's wife could likely kick it - in fisticuffs and geeetar playin'.

Yeah, but if  "Junior" got his ass kicked by a "Paisley"...wow!!!

Speaking of Brad Paisley, I saw an interview with him a few months ago with some concert footage.  Of course, the big thing lately is taking someone's phone from the crowd and doing the selfie thingy.  Paisley would take the phone, put it on video and use it as a slide for his geetar.  So, the footage you get is your phone going up and down the neck of his geetar in concert. 

I'm no groupie or big BP fan, but I might keep that one and show it to a few peeps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2016, 01:15:45 PM »
Yeah, but if  "Junior" got his ass kicked by a "Paisley"...wow!!!

Speaking of Brad Paisley, I saw an interview with him a few months ago with some concert footage.  Of course, the big thing lately is taking someone's phone from the crowd and doing the selfie thingy.  Paisley would take the phone, put it on video and use it as a slide for his geetar.  So, the footage you get is your phone going up and down the neck of his geetar in concert. 

I'm no groupie or big BP fan, but I might keep that one and show it to a few peeps.
Yeah but if you are honest, you'd rather have a video of him sliding your phone up and down his dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2016, 01:58:16 PM »
Yeah but if you are honest, you'd rather have a video of him sliding your phone up and down his dick.

Damn, that would be sweet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2016, 02:01:27 PM »
"Look at this! Brad Paisely crank called me! Sqweeeeeeee!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2016, 03:39:30 PM »
"Look at this! Brad Paisely crank called me! Sqweeeeeeee!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2016, 06:02:50 PM »
Really liking Simpson and East these days. Simpson is the extended version of Waylon without that rich baritone but he's not afraid to tackle anything while East has that soulful, gospel quality ala THE Band which really makes me like his style. Hope he holds true.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:06:19 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions