Junior Brown cracks me up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Good Country Music Still Exists
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2016, 03:26:35 PM »
Junior Brown cracks me up.
His wife is hot. She's playing the guitar in that video.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2016, 03:27:12 PM »
Strike 2

Here's your final shot.

i wish he'd take that gun off his chest and shoot me with it rather than making me listen to his caterwauling. 

Just not my thing. 

I can listen to zydeco -- true zydeco, not fake ass Alan Jackson faux bullshit jizz gargling zydeco.  I can also occasionally listen to extremely old country music.  But anything that's come along, well, since Kenny Rogers and Clint Black and Barbara Mandrell and Crystal Gayle and all that Urban Cowboy shit goozled over?  Every bit of it is absolute garbage and gets exponentially worse every year. 

There's no place for country music on this earth any longer.   It no longer represents anything real, it's all douchebaggy fakery.  Garth Brooks led the parade into stupidity.  The idiotic fucker has never even seen a cow, but he wore that dumbass cowboy hat, the dumbass cowboy shirts and the dumbass cowboy boots.  He was and is completely inauthentic.  Whatever was left of the genre, he evacuated his bowels on it and ruined it forever. 

That greasy, nauseating pipsqueak fuck Kenny Chesney is just an extension of that utter fraudulence.  If he got run over by a steamroller and squished into a pile of quivering goo tomorrow, the world would lose nothing.

It should just end. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2016, 03:29:10 PM »
i wish he'd take that gun off his chest and shoot me with it rather than making me listen to his caterwauling. 

Just not my thing. 

I can listen to zydeco -- true zydeco, not fake ass Alan Jackson faux bullshit jizz gargling zydeco.  I can also occasionally listen to extremely old country music.  But anything that's come along, well, since Kenny Rogers and Clint Black and Barbara Mandrell and Crystal Gayle and all that Urban Cowboy shit goozled over?  Every bit of it is absolute garbage and gets exponentially worse every year. 

There's no place for country music on this earth any longer.   It no longer represents anything real, it's all douchebaggy fakery.  Garth Brooks led the parade into stupidity.  The idiotic fucker has never even seen a cow, but he wore that dumbass cowboy hat, the dumbass cowboy shirts and the dumbass cowboy boots.  He was and is completely inauthentic.  Whatever was left of the genre, he evacuated his bowels on it and ruined it forever. 

That greasy, nauseating pipsqueak fuck Kenny Chesney is just an extension of that utter fraudulence.  If he got run over by a steamroller and squished into a pile of quivering goo tomorrow, the world would lose nothing.

It should just end.

Then we should have written off rock music in the wake of Nelson's meteoric rise.

It's possible for artists to revisit the roots of a genre and try to reconnect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2016, 03:39:49 PM »
Here's the thing.....everyone on here spouts this and that about country, hip-hop whatever.

I like music, I don't really care what the genre is, if it has a good beat and it is pleasing to my ears I like it.  I like reggae, rock, country, blues, rap, top 40 and I listen to it in stages.  If I get tired of one thing I will listen to another.   Some songs stand the test of time: Beatles, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, RHCP, Johnny Cash, Toots and the Maytals. Others you listen to for a month and you never want to hear them again.

Wes mentioned Sturgis Simpson, great artist but to me he is more blues than Country... Who cares, he just sounds good and I like it. 

Bottom line can we not just like the music because.  I like Kenny not afraid to admit that. Is he Country? ...I don't think so he is a mix of top 40 and Jimmy Buffet, but so is Zac Brown and I like his music as well.  Will it stand the test of time who knows.

Bottom line I like it all, except Dave Matthews...fuck that dude.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2016, 03:42:01 PM »
Then we should have written off rock music in the wake of Nelson's meteoric rise.

It's possible for artists to revisit the roots of a genre and try to reconnect.

Hell, it almost did die.  KISS was in the middle of that, too, riding that wave.  Nelson was, however, just one or two songs.  Same as Winger, Slaughter, etc.  Glam rock came and went.  What came after it -- GnR, Nirvana, etc. -- went back to the grind. 

But that's not what's happening here.  It's not trying to reconnect.  It keeps celebrating swollen bags of shit like Chesney and that blithering moronic fuck Toby Keith and that ass boil Blake Shelton. 

Take a look at the "Top Artists" of 2015
http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2015/top-country-artists

It reads like a who's who of untalented, faux hillbilly, shit gurgling dick wranglers - with the possible exception of George Strait and Don Henley, that is. 

Junior Brown is old ass news.  Tried and failed.  I remember his shit from back in the 90s.  He's a novelty fucking act with that dipshit hat.  Never had any real chart success and widely ignored as people like THIS fucking waste of meat have a career: 

Have you ever seen anything that looks more like it would disingenuously suck a golf ball through a garden hose than THAT piece of simpering shit? 

It's over.  Country music sucks.   I'm calling it.  Time: 2:44. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2016, 03:43:57 PM »

Just not my thing. 

It should just end.

Take that back about Alan Jackson. Right now bucko.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2016, 03:46:00 PM »
Take that back about Alan Jackson. Right now bucko.

Ayyy-eeeeeee.  Fuck that guy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »
Here's the thing.....everyone on here spouts this and that about country, hip-hop whatever.

I like music, I don't really care what the genre is, if it has a good beat and it is pleasing to my ears I like it.  I like reggae, rock, country, blues, rap, top 40 and I listen to it in stages.  If I get tired of one thing I will listen to another.   Some songs stand the test of time: Beatles, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, RHCP, Johnny Cash, Toots and the Maytals. Others you listen to for a month and you never want to hear them again.

Wes mentioned Sturgis Simpson, great artist but to me he is more blues than Country... Who cares, he just sounds good and I like it. 

Bottom line can we not just like the music because.  I like Kenny not afraid to admit that. Is he Country? ...I don't think so he is a mix of top 40 and Jimmy Buffet, but so is Zac Brown and I like his music as well.  Will it stand the test of time who knows.

Bottom line I like it all, except Dave Matthews...fuck that dude.

The keystrokes you just saved me are appreciated. Spot F'n ON!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2016, 03:49:11 PM »

Bottom line I like it all, except Dave Matthews...fudge that dude.

^^^This^^^
All of it.  Especially the Dave Matthews part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2016, 03:50:23 PM »
Ayyy-eeeeeee.  Fuck that guy.

This is where your ride ends. Get out. Now.

Srlsly, I got no Yuge issues with paisley, jackson, strait or Alabama. Are they cash and hank? Nah but they ain't bad. They have a lot of the elements of yesteryear in their songs if you listen.

Now Garth brooks? Yeah fuck that cocksucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2016, 03:53:12 PM »
Junior Brown is tired and failed? Maybe to someone who listens to pop bullshit like Clint Black rather than true music. JB is a frigging musical genius! Take in one of his shows if you ever get the chance. You'll be blown away.

With the dismissal of the 3 offerings I presented, there's no need to even bring Hal Ketchum into the discussion.

Fuck Garth Brooks! We can agree on that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2016, 03:54:50 PM »
Junior Brown is tired and failed? Maybe to someone who listens to pop bullshit like Clint Black rather than true music. JB is a frigging musical genius! Take in one of his shows if you ever get the chance. You'll be blown away.

With the dismissal of the 3 offerings I presented, there's no need to even bring Hal Ketchum into the discussion.

Fuck Garth Brooks! We can agree on that.

I'm on that train.  Choo Choo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2016, 04:02:04 PM »
Hell, it almost did die.  KISS was in the middle of that, too, riding that wave.  Nelson was, however, just one or two songs.  Same as Winger, Slaughter, etc.  Glam rock came and went.  What came after it -- GnR, Nirvana, etc. -- went back to the grind. 

But that's not what's happening here.  It's not trying to reconnect.  It keeps celebrating swollen bags of shit like Chesney and that blithering moronic fuck Toby Keith and that ass boil Blake Shelton. 

Take a look at the "Top Artists" of 2015
http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2015/top-country-artists

It reads like a who's who of untalented, faux hillbilly, shit gurgling dick wranglers - with the possible exception of George Strait and Don Henley, that is. 

Junior Brown is old ass news.  Tried and failed.  I remember his shit from back in the 90s.  He's a novelty fucking act with that dipshit hat.  Never had any real chart success and widely ignored as people like THIS fucking waste of meat have a career: 

Have you ever seen anything that looks more like it would disingenuously suck a golf ball through a garden hose than THAT piece of simpering shit? 

I think we actually agree on the point that pop music (county, rock, hip hop) hasn't been this vacuous since disco.

I predict we're on the verge of a revolution...we're due.  Be it rock killing pop, punk killing disco, grunge killing hair metal...when the music gets stale a revolution ensues.

We're due.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2016, 04:05:51 PM »
I think we actually agree on the point that pop music (county, rock, hip hop) hasn't been this vacuous since disco.

I predict we're on the verge of a revolution...we're due.  Be it rock killing pop, punk killing disco, grunge killing hair metal...when the music gets stale a revolution ensues.

We're due.

I'm calling it: 

Country/Rap.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2016, 04:07:09 PM »
Never had any real chart success and widely ignored as people like THIS fucking waste of meat have a career: 

You are an idiot. This guy would write and play circles around ANY of your vaunted musicians. Very few guitar players could hang with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2016, 04:07:22 PM »
I'm calling it: 

Country/Rap.
Otherwise known as CRap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2016, 04:08:03 PM »
I'm calling it: 

Country/Rap.

Cowboy Troy is gonna put a little chang in your chang chang.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2016, 04:09:01 PM »
Otherwise known as CRap.

Climbing up barstool mountain, then beatin them hoe asses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2016, 04:15:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions