Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Good Country Music Still Exists

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Good Country Music Still Exists
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2016, 09:55:03 AM »
I'm trying to figure out where it is that you guys are somehow force fed a healthy dose of Thomas Rhett tunes. You hate country.  You'd rather have a molten lava enema 4 times a day than ever have to listen to today's country.  But somehow you know plenty about this middle of the road, at best, country singer and how his songs affect you.

Could it be....????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2016, 10:16:48 AM »
I'm trying to figure out where it is that you guys are somehow force fed a healthy dose of Thomas Rhett tunes. You hate country.  You'd rather have a molten lava enema 4 times a day than ever have to listen to today's country.  But somehow you know plenty about this middle of the road, at best, country singer and how his songs affect you.

Could it be....????

My nephew played a steady stream of tripe on the way to the OM game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2016, 10:19:33 AM »
Same page here. 

I want to murder him.   Stab him in the throat with a sharpened spatula and break his nose with a mallet so he can't make that nasal whining douchey sound ever again. 

Given the choice of listening to this shit once or yeah alabammer on loop for 24 hours?  It would be a hard choice for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2016, 10:19:49 AM »
My nephew played a steady stream of tripe on the way to the OM game.

Do what I do with mini when he wants to blast his tunes.

"I bought you those Beats by Dre.  I suggest you use them now."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2016, 10:28:05 AM »
Do what I do with mini when he wants to blast his tunes.

"I bought you those Beats by Dre.  I suggest you use them now."

He's learning to play guitar and I asked him to play me a sampling of what he's into.

I immediately regretted asking and started steering him toward some classic rock riffs to cut his teeth on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2016, 11:10:19 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2016, 11:19:50 AM »
April 23rd. 5:00 p.m.  Auburn, Alabama.  Jordan Hare Stadium.

Kenney Chesney
Miranda Lambert
Sam Hunt
Old Dominion

Snagalicious & the Snagettes will be in attendance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2016, 12:27:19 PM »
April 23rd. 5:00 p.m.  Auburn, Alabama.  Jordan Hare Stadium.

Kenney Chesney ----- Sucks donkey dick!
Miranda Lambert ----- At least she writes her own songs and is cute as hell!
Sam Hunt ----- Yeah......Fuck that guy!
Old Dominion ---- Dont' know a thing about them, but since they are playing with the other three, well fuck them too!

Snagalicious & the Snagettes will be in attendance. --------   :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2016, 12:39:44 PM »
Wait.  Again.  If you'd rather have a 6'9" Sudanese goat farmer shove his 12" STD infected, cancre sore covered cock up your ass while he strangles you with barbed wire, than listen to today's country, how do you know so much about these artists? 

Could it be....?

Yes sir.  Snagalicious will have his Snagettes in JHS on April 23rd. Will most assuredly have plenty of burrbinz as well.  They do sell plenty of DCP in the stadium. 

Well my friends back home think I've gone and lost my mind
 Take a sip of rum and you really would know why
 Jolly Roger flying on the picnic table
 Blender in the kitchen, willin' and able
 Don't know what makes you say "What the hell"
 But when the salt air catches a hold of that sail
 Something 'bout her makes you just wanna dance
 And she loves to dance

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2016, 01:17:57 PM »
Chesney and Lambert have been around for years, it's kinda hard to not have heard some of their Music.  Others have come from people saying stuff like, "Have you heard <insertnewbrodouchcountryartistnamehere> newest song?  Man it's great!"  So I give it a sample and usually within the first minute I can tell if I like it or not.  I made it through 30 seconds of a Sam Hunt song and wanted to gag it was so terrible.

Could it be that I listen to it on the radio?  Negative.  I haven't turned my radio dial off The Rocket 95.1 here in Huntsville where they have more rock that a Columbium pack mule.  Or so says the commercial.  Unless I'm out of town and flipping through the channels I never stop the dial on a bro-country song unless me and the wife are making fun of it and counting how many times they mention the good stuff, trucks, creek beds and dirt roads, sundresses or tight jeans, beer or moonshine.  To me, it's all cookie cutter stuff that's repeated in every song. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2016, 01:43:10 PM »
Chesney and Lambert have been around for years, it's kinda hard to not have heard some of their Music.  Others have come from people saying stuff like, "Have you heard <insertnewbrodouchcountryartistnamehere> newest song?  Man it's great!"  So I give it a sample and usually within the first minute I can tell if I like it or not.  I made it through 30 seconds of a Sam Hunt song and wanted to gag it was so terrible.

Could it be that I listen to it on the radio?  Negative.  I haven't turned my radio dial off The Rocket 95.1 here in Huntsville where they have more rock that a Columbium pack mule.  Or so says the commercial.  Unless I'm out of town and flipping through the channels I never stop the dial on a bro-country song unless me and the wife are making fun of it and counting how many times they mention the good stuff, trucks, creek beds and dirt roads, sundresses or tight jeans, beer or moonshine.  To me, it's all cookie cutter stuff that's repeated in every song.
This guy gets it. Did you happen to listen to those Wheeler Walker Jr. songs?

Like I said before, obviously he's a novelty act and sort of a parody of country music, but the songs are actually extremely good. I have pretty much constantly have one of those filthy raunchy ditties in my head at all points in the day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2016, 02:13:54 PM »
BTW That's Rhett's wife and dog in the vid.

The dog committed suicide.  No other dogs would even come to its funeral out of fear that earnest barefoot whiner nasal douche might have written a song about it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2016, 02:14:53 PM »

Like I said before, obviously he's a novelty act and sort of a parody of country music, but the songs are actually extremely good. I have pretty much constantly have one of those filthy raunchy ditties in my head at all points in the day.

Don't like it.  Even as a parody, I'm not a fan of the lowbrow trash this guy brings. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2016, 02:37:34 PM »
The truth is if you had me list my top 5 as far as genres in music, today's country would be somewhere around #12 or #13.  I couldn't agree more, and have said so myself on here, that 80-90% or 376/415ths of the male artists in country today are just talented pretty boys with a set of choppers you could sell billboard space on.  They're propped up by the record labels/Nashville and sent into the studio and on the road to regurgitate the exact same pick up truck, slide on over here, sundress, dirt road, six-pack shit over and over.  And like AU1, we've joked about the incredible number of songs with the exact same lines in them.  Very little originality.

But...Snagette ain't too deep.  She married me, didn't she.  She wants a love song.  She wants pour some wine and make love all night to you pretty little thing songs.  She likes cute little play on word songs.  She likes country.  So, I get my share of it.  If you have to listen to a lot of it, you do find some artists that don't fit the mold. And they are out there.  As we've talked about, Chris Stapleton is quickly becoming a household name.  Zac Brown Band has never gone along lock-step. In fact, Dave Grohl collaborated with them on quite a few things and raved about how talented they are.  As for Chesney, he's never fit the true mold either but I've also never been a fan until recent years when he stepped away from country.  His Life On A Rock album is almost solely his version of beach/Caribbean type songs. Love it.

I'll enjoy Chesney in concert.  Don't care that much for Lambert's songs but I've seen enough of her in live performances to know she'll put on a damn good show.  Sam Hunt and Old Dominion?  Heard one song by each.  A whole lot of meh.  But, I'll be buzzed in Jordan Hare watching music played live.  If I go to a "country" concert, it's usually because that's what Snagette wants.  Not this time, I wanted to see Chesney.  I normally go in not expecting much but come away thinking that wasn't half damn bad.  A lot of kick ass musicians on stage.   
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:39:55 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2016, 02:52:15 PM »
The truth is if you had me list my top 5 as far as genres in music, today's country would be somewhere around #12 or #13.  I couldn't agree more, and have said so myself on here, that 80-90% or 376/415ths of the male artists in country today are just talented pretty boys with a set of choppers you could sell billboard space on.  They're propped up by the record labels/Nashville and sent into the studio and on the road to regurgitate the exact same pick up truck, slide on over here, sundress, dirt road, six-pack shit over and over.  And like AU1, we've joked about the incredible number of songs with the exact same lines in them.  Very little originality.

But...Snagette ain't too deep.  She married me, didn't she.  She wants a love song.  She wants pour some wine and make love all night to you pretty little thing songs.  She likes cute little play on word songs.  She likes country.  So, I get my share of it.  If you have to listen to a lot of it, you do find some artists that don't fit the mold. And they are out there.  As we've talked about, Chris Stapleton is quickly becoming a household name.  Zac Brown Band has never gone along lock-step. In fact, Dave Grohl collaborated with them on quite a few things and raved about how talented they are.  As for Chesney, he's never fit the true mold either but I've also never been a fan until recent years when he stepped away from country.  His Life On A Rock album is almost solely his version of beach/Caribbean type songs. Love it.

I'll enjoy Chesney in concert.  Don't care that much for Lambert's songs but I've seen enough of her in live performances to know she'll put on a damn good show.  Sam Hunt and Old Dominion?  Heard one song by each.  A whole lot of meh.  But, I'll be buzzed in Jordan Hare watching music played live.  If I go to a "country" concert, it's usually because that's what Snagette wants.  Not this time, I wanted to see Chesney.  I normally go in not expecting much but come away thinking that wasn't half damn bad.  A lot of kick ass musicians on stage.   

I couldn't take a woman seriously if she liked country music.  I know that's eliminating a shitload of soft lip country girls, but I simply can't tolerate it.  At all. 

If I went to a Kenny Chesney concert it would be because I'd been given a million-dollar contract to eliminate him entirely.  And then I'd give the money back when the job was done. 

People do what they gotta do. 

I liked a little of the country back in the way old days.  I can even listen to a hillbilly Hank Jr. song now and again. 

But since Garth Brooks showed up in his fraudulent cowboy hat and since Reeber and Trisher and Sarrer and all that bunch started their tone-deaf yodeling?  I'm done.  It's not music.  It's recycled beer foam.  And I won't abide it. 

Any woman in my life cannot like country music.  I'm not going to listen to it. Ever. I don't want that fight.
Also...
She cannot be a Bama, Georgia or Tennessee fan.
She cannot be a Cowboys fan.
There are other rules, but those are important. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2016, 02:58:10 PM »
I couldn't take a woman seriously if she liked country music.  I know that's eliminating a shitload of soft lip country girls, but I simply can't tolerate it.  At all. 

If I went to a Kenny Chesney concert it would be because I'd been given a million-dollar contract to eliminate him entirely.  And then I'd give the money back when the job was done. 

People do what they gotta do. 

I liked a little of the country back in the way old days.  I can even listen to a hillbilly Hank Jr. song now and again. 

But since Garth Brooks showed up in his fraudulent cowboy hat and since Reeber and Trisher and Sarrer and all that bunch started their tone-deaf yodeling?  I'm done.  It's not music.  It's recycled beer foam.  And I won't abide it. 

Any woman in my life cannot like country music.  I'm not going to listen to it. Ever. I don't want that fight.
Also...
She cannot be a Bama, Georgia or Tennessee fan.
She cannot be a Cowboys fan.
There are other rules, but those are important.

Snagette's giving me a blow job after the concert.  I'll be singing, "Yeah, that's the good stuff".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2016, 03:09:09 PM »
Snagette's giving me a blow job after the concert.  I'll be singing, "Yeah, that's the good stuff".

If she won't Kenny Chesney will. So there's that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2016, 03:18:36 PM »
If she won't Kenny Chesney will. So there's that.

Oh yeah, right.  Like I could ever get near Kenny.  And if I did, do you really think I could get a blow job from him?  I mean, he's got so many other younger guys he could blow.  This is Kenny Chesney we're talking about.  He could blow anybody he wants to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2016, 03:25:14 PM »
Oh yeah, right.  Like I could ever get near Kenny.  And if I did, do you really think I could get a blow job from him?  I mean, he's got so many other younger guys he could blow.  This is Kenny Chesney we're talking about.  He could blow anybody he wants to.
"Beer, weed, cooches, and Honky Tonk music and alllllll night long.
Stone drunk, fucked up, I'm gettin' my dick sucked and alllllll night long."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2016, 03:32:19 PM »

I had listened to him before you posted those videos.  I find it humorous.  Right now I am still on my Sturgill Simpson kick.  Can't stop listening. 

Funny thing, the other day I popped in a George Strait CD (greatest hits or something another)  I noticed how in his early days he sang good country music.  He didn't write his own stuff, he tried and it was terrible and he admits that.  But as time went on and his last few albums, he kind of sold out and started doing the pop country thing.  Now the lyrics weren't cookie cutter shit, but he did sell out in my mind. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions