Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Did Not Know…

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: I Did Not Know…
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2024, 02:49:25 PM »
I can't recall where K was talking about his love for Frasier, but I just saw an interesting fact.

On 9/11, one of the executive producers (and the show’s creator) David Angell and his wife Lynn were on the plane that was hijacked before crashing into the North Tower that morning.
Speaking of 9/11 and entertainment connections.
If you have ever seen Dwight Yoakam's video, Thousand Miles from Nowhere, his co-director died in the 911 attacks on flight American Airlines flight 11. 

https://youtu.be/Tu3ypuKq8WE?si=SmkRtKLcFRAtOMnq

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_Beug
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2024, 03:28:51 PM »
If you're familiar with The Rolling Stones, you may know the haunting, jamming ass tune called Gimme Shelter. Great tune and concert staple. The Stones often used backup singers in a lot of their stuff, many of them from the Deep South since their brand of rock often incorporated Bluesy sounds. Gimme Shelter is a tune that has an undercurrent of impending doom and is no exception to that bluesy sound. Some of Keith's best guitar work to me. The main accompanying singer to Mick in this song is a lady from New Orleans named Merry Clayton. She was/is no stranger in the music industry having been on many rock albums over the last 50 years or so.

But in 1969 during the recording of Gimme Shelter, she was pregnant. Her part of the song had such strong vocal pieces, and the vocal strain was so hard, that its been attributed to her having a miscarriage later that night, after recording wrapped up.

At 2:58 and 3:01 you can hear the peak of her vocal strain when her voice cracks. Crazy that this short musical timeframe could possibly be the cause of a miscarriage.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 04:48:17 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2024, 03:56:00 PM »
You know I'm a heights and weights kind of guy, but normally, that's for the Auburn Tigers.  A lot of celebrities who are pretty short, come off as bigger and badder on screen.  Tom Cruise is a prime example, having played so many action roles, you wouldn't think he's actually just 5'7".

Danny Trejo is another one that plays a bad ass role in most flicks.  He checks in at 5'6".

Another that surprised me is Jon Stewart, Chizzad's favorite.  He towers over everyone at 5'6" as well.

On the other side of things, I was surprised to see some celebs that were much taller than they come across on screen. Usually, they try to give the illusion of height, as in Cruise's case.  Maybe they try to tone it down with some of these.

Clint Eastwood  6'4"

Tyler Perry  6'5"

Jeff Goldblum  6'4"

Tim Robbins  6'5"

Vince Vaughn  6'5"

Chevy Chase  6'4"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2024, 04:43:00 PM »
If you're familiar with The Rolling Stones, you may know the haunting, jamming ass tune called Gimme Shelter. Great tune and concert staple. The Stones often used backup singers in a lot of their stuff, many of them from the Deep South since their brand of rock often incorporated Bluesy sounds. Gimme Shelter is a tune that has an undercurrent of impending doom and is no expection to that bluesy sound. Some of Keith's best guitar work to me. The main accompanying singer to Mick in this song is a lady from New Orleans named Merry Clayton. She was/is no stranger in the music industry having been on many rock albums over the last 50 years or so.

But in 1969 during the recording of Gimme Shelter, she was pregnant. Her part of the song had such strong vocal pieces, and the vocal strain was so hard, that its been attributed to her having a miscarriage later that night, after recording wrapped up.

At 2:58 and 3:01 you can hear the peak of her vocal strain when her voice cracks. Crazy that this short musical timeframe could possibly be the cause of a miscarriage.

How far along was she? Miscarriages suck pretty bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2024, 04:50:58 PM »
He towers over everyone Nook at 5'6" as well.

Fixed it for ya.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2024, 04:55:34 PM »
How far along was she? Miscarriages suck pretty bad.

Ive never actually seen the number. It haunted her for years though. Crazy part is, about a decade or so ago, she had her legs amputated below the knee after a bad car accident. I feel bad for this lady.

Good read on her in an article from a few years ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/apr/08/gimme-shelter-left-a-dark-taste-in-my-mouth-merry-clayton

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2024, 04:59:00 PM »
Little less severe Did You Know than my last one.....The 80's group Til Tuesday - "Voices Carry" - huge hit, a good tune. The lead singer of that band so prominently featured in that song - Aimee Mann - is married to the older brother of Sean Penn; Michael Penn - who had a few hits in the 80s as well.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 05:01:01 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2024, 05:00:40 PM »
Little less severe Did You Know than my last one.....The 80's group Til Tuesday - "Voices Carry" - huge hit, a good tune. The lead singer of that band so prominently featured in that song - Aimee Mann - is married to the older brother of Sean Penn; Michael Penn - who had a few hits in the 80s as well.

Great song, and great video for the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2024, 05:02:35 PM »
Great song, and great video for the time.

Hush! Keep it down now....voices carry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2024, 05:40:23 PM »
I did not know that Thin Lizzy was formed in Dublin, Ireland. I always assumed they were an American band.  But wait, that's Grand Funk Railroad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2024, 08:25:54 AM »
I didn’t know Beverly Hills Cop was originally written for Sylvester Stallone. He took the script, rewrote it to remove all the comedic elements.  Studio didn’t care for his version so he backed out of the project.

Murphy got BHC.  Stallone took his script ideas and made Cobra.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2024, 10:44:35 PM »
I also did not know that the original plan for Breaking Bad had both Hank and Walter Jr. set to die in the first season.  Jesse was also slated to be killed.

The departure of the annoying Jr would have been no loss, but Hank being out might have cost us the purple deliciousness of Marie Schrader which would have been tragic. 

Hank was saved when the writers strike delayed the process and they had time to rethink the plot.  Jesse was saved because they realized in the pilot how much his character could contribute. Nobody knows why Jr survived. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2024, 12:15:17 PM »
Another Breaking Bad related I didn’t know. 

Michael Bowen, who played Nazi Uncle Jack in season 5 (and also played buck who likes to fuck, owner of the pussy wagon in kill bill 2, and who played preppy douche Tommy in Valley Girl) is a member of the Carradine clan. 

Chris, Robert and Keith are stepbrothers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2024, 10:09:40 AM »
Another Breaking Bad related I didn’t know. 

Michael Bowen, who played Nazi Uncle Jack in season 5 (and also played buck who likes to fuck, owner of the pussy wagon in kill bill 2, and who played preppy douche Tommy in Valley Girl) is a member of the Carradine clan. 

Chris, Robert and Keith are stepbrothers

Oh, bitchin'.  Is this in 3D?

No, but your face is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2024, 11:05:05 AM »
Oh, bitchin'.  Is this in 3D?

No, but your face is.

Great movie, great soundtrack.

> Eyes of a Stranger
> Monster of Love
> Girls Like Me
> Johnny Are You Queer
> A Million Miles Away
> Oldest Story In the World
> Melt With You
> Electric Avenue
> Who Can It Be Now
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2024, 11:48:14 AM »
Great movie, great soundtrack.

> Eyes of a Stranger
> Monster of Love
> Girls Like Me
> Johnny Are You Queer
> A Million Miles Away
> Oldest Story In the World
> Melt With You
> Electric Avenue
> Who Can It Be Now

A Million Miles Away is the one that stands out to me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2024, 11:54:39 AM »

Melt With You for me.

It's still probably a top 20 on my lifetime playlist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2024, 01:48:41 PM »
See, I would have guessed “Johnny, Are You Queer” for you. 💯 %
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2024, 04:00:52 PM »
See, I would have guessed “Johnny, Are You Queer” for you. 💯 %

Okay, you just shut up then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2024, 10:40:57 AM »
I didn't know (or didn't remember) that this wholesome dimpled minx from Star Trek: Dagger of the Mind

was also Fredo Corleone's skeevy wife in Godfather II

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions